Posted to alt.home.repair

Default It's NOT okay to shoot gerbils

"[A Wisconsin man] found out it's not OK to shoot raccoons and gerbils in
the village after a neighbor called police July 1 to report someone was
discharging a .22 caliber rifle in a back yard... He told police that he and
his neighbors frequently shoot at nuisance animals. Police told him not to
do it any more."

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/artic.../90709116/1987

Now before you raise your eyebrows, gerbils CAN be a nuisance animal if
there are a lot of them.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

HeyBub wrote:
... gerbils CAN be a nuisance animal if there are a lot of them.

Where "a lot" is clearly any number 0...

Posted to alt.home.repair

From that subject line, I thought you were launching gerbils
out of a PVC canon with hair spray and piezeoelectric
igniter. Just goes to show what a bit of fatigue and
dehydration can do.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
"[A Wisconsin man] found out it's not OK to shoot raccoons
and gerbils in
the village after a neighbor called police July 1 to report
someone was
discharging a .22 caliber rifle in a back yard... He told
police that he and
his neighbors frequently shoot at nuisance animals. Police
told him not to
do it any more."

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/artic.../90709116/1987

Now before you raise your eyebrows, gerbils CAN be a
nuisance animal if
there are a lot of them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've heard chipmunks are highly destructive.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"dpb" wrote in message
HeyBub wrote:
... gerbils CAN be a nuisance animal if there are a lot of
them.

Where "a lot" is clearly any number 0...

Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
... gerbils CAN be a nuisance animal if there are a lot of them.

Where "a lot" is clearly any number 0...

"The night the cat learned to open the gerbil cage will forever be etched on
our memory..."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Or maybe it is not OK to shoot anything in your typical
backyard.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 11, 10:59*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:
Or maybe it is not OK to shoot anything in your typical
backyard.

Except, in some states*, burglars, home invaders, or drunk teen-agers who've
become lost.

-------
* My state allows deadly force against anybody, including gerbils, engaged
in "criminal mischief during the nighttime."

" * My state allows deadly force against anybody, including
gerbils, engaged in "criminal mischief during the nighttime." "

My (limited) research has shown that "criminal mischief" law typically
says something like:

Criminal mischief
Sec. 2. (a) A ***person*** who:
(1) recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally damages or defaces
property of another person without the other person's consent; or...

Note the words "A person who".

Unless the laws in your state specifically mention something to the
effect of "small furry, four legged creatures", I'm not sure you could
use "criminal mischief" as the reason for shooting gerbils. I'm not
saying you can't shoot them, I'm just saying I'd be surprised if
gerbils were included under the "criminal mischief" statute.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I used to be a cop. Believe me, I've arrested a number of *people* who were
designated as squints, unibrows, scrots, snitches, filth, pustules,
hooligans, miscreants, do-bads, humps, perps, skels, anglers, gomers, and
so on. Animals arrested include:

* gerbils
* goblins
* gophers
* rats
* apes
* rabbits
* geese
* hoot owls

I once had to take into custody about 100 freakin' white mice that some
prankster let loose in a bookstore. Maybe they were albino gerbils?