Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Shoot through the door

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 21:05:15 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

Even the police are not allowed to shoot fleeing felons in
most states unless there is a very good reson to do so, the act of
fleeing in and of itself is not sufficient.

Harry K

I'm only familiar with one LEO agency that can shoot an unarmed
fleeing felons, running away. That is the federal prison system. Many
years ago there had to be a verbal command to halt and then one
warning shot before an escape could be shot. That changed over the
years. No verbal command or warning shot. Shoot 'em dead. No matter
is they are armed or not. Walking or running.

Before the policy changes there was an unwritten rule - shoot all your
ammo.

In those days even the FBI could not shoot a fleeing felon in the
back. We had a LEO here shoot a teenager in the back as he ran away.
The officer was cleared. Don't know specifics, maybe the kid was
wearing "felony shoes" and looked dangerous.