DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Shoot through the door (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/353575-shoot-through-door.html)

Dean Hoffman[_13_] February 28th 13 03:50 AM

Shoot through the door

So sez Vice President Biden. That will scare people away from the
house. http://tinyurl.com/d993qt2
He must be getting hold of the same stuff Cheech and Chong used years
ago. http://tinyurl.com/cnn37bc
"Daves not here"

Oren[_2_] February 28th 13 04:08 AM

Shoot through the door

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 21:50:33 -0600, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

So sez Vice President Biden. That will scare people away from the
house. http://tinyurl.com/d993qt2
He must be getting hold of the same stuff Cheech and Chong used years
ago. http://tinyurl.com/cnn37bc
"Daves not here"

This testimony today, in the Senate, is worth a read. In WW I, the
Germans wanted shotguns banned on the battle field. Shotguns were
against the rules of war or it was claimed...

Mr. Johnson disputes characterization of "Assault Weapons" Shotguns
do more damage than the AR-15 of today.

Yet, only AR-14's should be by S 150.

"...Additionally, this broad category of repeating shotguns can be
continuously reloaded without disabling the gun. That is an attribute
that the prohibited class does not exhibit."

"...Another claim that supposedly distinguishes the prohibited class
of guns, is that they are equipped with pistol grips or barrel shrouds
and those things it is claimed, contribute to un-aimed, spray firing,
or firing a cloud of projectiles without aiming. First, this is a
dubious characterization of any rifle. But more importantly, it
actually better describes shotgun technology."

PDF file:

http://www.judiciary.senate.gov/pdf/2-27-13JohnsonTestimony.pdf

Faculty page:

http://law.fordham.edu/faculty/nicholasjohnson.htm

This guy is SMART

ChairMan[_6_] February 28th 13 04:26 AM

Shoot through the door

" wrote:

[...]

This shows really well the difference
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...bly-ever-will/

harry February 28th 13 08:10 AM

Shoot through the door

On Feb 28, 3:50*am, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:
* * So sez Vice President Biden. *That will scare people away from the
house. *http://tinyurl.com/d993qt2
* *He must be getting hold of the same stuff Cheech and Chong used years
ago. *http://tinyurl.com/cnn37bc
* "Daves not here"

There's some South African guy in trouble for doing just that.

[email protected][_2_] February 28th 13 12:39 PM

Shoot through the door

" wrote:

[...]

Yesterdday CBS news showed a video that Feinstein played
at the hearings showing the weapons that the libs want to ban.
It featured an obviously fully automatic rifle going full speed, with
Feinstein saying in the background "This weapon is legal today......"

Which of course is a gross distortion and not what the
core of the gun debate about "assault weapons" is
even about. No such weapon was used in any of the
shootings. Just another lib lie, repeated with relish by
the lib media.

Robert[_18_] February 28th 13 12:45 PM

Shoot through the door

" wrote:

[...]

If the lib government sends the Feds to confiscate our
guns, they should send them to Texas first.
That way there would be no one left to bother people
in the other states....

Frank[_17_] February 28th 13 01:38 PM

Shoot through the door

On 2/27/2013 10:50 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

So sez Vice President Biden. That will scare people away from the
house. http://tinyurl.com/d993qt2
He must be getting hold of the same stuff Cheech and Chong used years
ago. http://tinyurl.com/cnn37bc
"Daves not here"

With secret service living/renting a guest house on his property in
Chateau Country you probably can't get within a half mile of his house.

It would also be illegal to fire a shot out the door, as well as it
would be illegal to shoot someone outside the house. Castle doctrine
only allows you to shoot an intruder inside.

Biden's previous residence was surrounded by a stockade fence. You
could not even see the house.

We're not talking about the "common man" here.

Stormin Mormon[_8_] February 28th 13 02:23 PM

Shoot through the door

I wonder if that will lead to the Biden Defense.

"Well, the Vice President told me to....."

Did you see the video with the women firing
shotguns, and getting bowled over? Versus the
woman sending well aimed 5.56 down range?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

willshak February 28th 13 02:35 PM

Shoot through the door

Dean Hoffman wrote the following on 2/27/2013 10:50 PM (ET):

So sez Vice President Biden. That will scare people away from the
house. http://tinyurl.com/d993qt2

The VP suffers from the same birth defect as I.
I was born without a filter between my brain and mouth.
Fortunately, I realize this and never ran for a political position.
Bidens greatest gaffes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWlSX9TT2eo

At 2.26 in the video, at a meeting, Joe Biden asks Senator Chuck Graham
in the crowd to stand up and be recognized. Chuck is in a wheelchair!

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Harry K[_2_] February 28th 13 05:18 PM

Shoot through the door

On Feb 27, 7:50*pm, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:
* * So sez Vice President Biden. *That will scare people away from the
house. *http://tinyurl.com/d993qt2
* *He must be getting hold of the same stuff Cheech and Chong used years
ago. *http://tinyurl.com/cnn37bc
* "Daves not here"

Umm...no. He did not say anything about shooting through a door. He
said to step out on the balcony and fire two shots in the air.

Harry (anal about facts) K

Frank February 28th 13 05:35 PM

Shoot through the door

On Feb 28, 5:18*pm, Harry K wrote:
On Feb 27, 7:50*pm, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:

* * So sez Vice President Biden. *That will scare people away from the
house. *http://tinyurl.com/d993qt2
* *He must be getting hold of the same stuff Cheech and Chong used years
ago. *http://tinyurl.com/cnn37bc
* "Daves not here"

Umm...no. He did not say anything about shooting through a door. *He
said to step out on the balcony and fire two shots in the air.

Harry (anal about facts) K

We all know but firing shots outside when the thief is in your house
is the pussy Liberal response ;)

Oren[_2_] February 28th 13 05:43 PM

Shoot through the door

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:18:52 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Feb 27, 7:50*pm, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:
* * So sez Vice President Biden. *That will scare people away from the
house. *http://tinyurl.com/d993qt2
* *He must be getting hold of the same stuff Cheech and Chong used years
ago. *http://tinyurl.com/cnn37bc
* "Daves not here"

Umm...no. He did not say anything about shooting through a door. He
said to step out on the balcony and fire two shots in the air.

Dear Harry (anal about facts) K

....an interview with Field & Stream magazine

"“Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15,
because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the
shotgun through the door.”

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/guns/2013/02/gun-control-joe-biden-interview

Those pesky "facts" LOL

Stormin Mormon[_8_] February 28th 13 07:02 PM

Shoot through the door

If there's a fox in your chickens, shoot your dog.

It's the liberal way.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

[email protected] February 28th 13 09:16 PM

Shoot through the door

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:02:34 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

If there's a fox in your chickens, shoot your dog.

It's the liberal way.

....and use all your ammunition doing it.

Oren[_2_] February 28th 13 09:18 PM

Shoot through the door

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:35:22 -0800 (PST), Frank
wrote:

We all know but firing shots outside when the thief is in your house
is the pussy Liberal response ;)

He is telling people to fire both barrels on an outside balcony, in a
double barrel, is foolish and so is firing into the air as he said he
told his wife to do. Illegal in most places. Then telling people to
shoot through the door violates any common sense in gun safety
training.

This is how the progressive liberal mind works.

And, his son is a State Attorney General.

But Crazy Joe Biden is just being at his usual.

--
"Tout what he’s already done. Say the public’s in his corner. Demand Congress do something. Lament Washington dysfunction. Lay out his own plan. Avoid details. Urge voters to keep up the pressure. Warn it won’t be easy. Bask in the applause. It’s the fill-in-the-blank approach to selling a presidential agenda: same template, just adjusted for the topic." -- CARRIE BUDOFF BROWN

HeyBub[_3_] February 28th 13 09:47 PM

Shoot through the door

wrote:

Yesterdday CBS news showed a video that Feinstein played
at the hearings showing the weapons that the libs want to ban.
It featured an obviously fully automatic rifle going full speed, with
Feinstein saying in the background "This weapon is legal today......"

Which of course is a gross distortion and not what the
core of the gun debate about "assault weapons" is
even about. No such weapon was used in any of the
shootings. Just another lib lie, repeated with relish by
the lib media.

Since the 1934 Gun Control Act, which regulated fully-automatic weapons,
there has been exactly ONE crime committed with an automtic weapon.

And that crime was undertaken by a police officer who scored his weapon from
his police department's weapons locker.

HeyBub[_3_] February 28th 13 09:53 PM

Shoot through the door

Frank wrote:

With secret service living/renting a guest house on his property in
Chateau Country you probably can't get within a half mile of his
house.
It would also be illegal to fire a shot out the door, as well as it
would be illegal to shoot someone outside the house. Castle doctrine
only allows you to shoot an intruder inside.

Not so. "Castle Doctrine" or no, you are allowed to use deadly force in
defense of yourself. It could be "up close and personal" as was the claimed
case of Trevon Martin or it could be some distance away.

If my assailant is standing ACROSS THE STREET and taking pot-shots at me, I
have an absolute right to shoot back (assuming other facts not in evidence).

If, to zero in on your scenario, the malefactor is chopping on my front door
with an axe and screaming "I'm gonna cut off your head ! I'll teach you to
trample my petunias!" It would be not only legal, but meritorious, to shoot
through the door.

Inside, outside, might make a difference in the "reasonable man" test, but
is irrelevant as far as the law is concerned.

Oren[_2_] February 28th 13 10:06 PM

Shoot through the door

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:47:07 -0600, "HeyBub"

Yesterdday CBS news showed a video that Feinstein played
at the hearings showing the weapons that the libs want to ban.
It featured an obviously fully automatic rifle going full speed, with
Feinstein saying in the background "This weapon is legal today......"

Which of course is a gross distortion and not what the
core of the gun debate about "assault weapons" is
even about. No such weapon was used in any of the
shootings. Just another lib lie, repeated with relish by
the lib media.

Since the 1934 Gun Control Act, which regulated fully-automatic weapons,
there has been exactly ONE crime committed with an automtic weapon.

And that crime was undertaken by a police officer who scored his weapon from
his police department's weapons locker.

North Hollywood shootout:

- Phillips and Matasareanu are believed to have robbed two other
banks using virtually identical methods by taking control of the
entire bank and firing automatic weapons for control and entry past
'bullet-proof' security doors,

- Phillips and Matasareanu carried illegally modified fully automatic
AKMs and an HK-91 rifle with high capacity drum magazines and
ammunition capable of penetrating police body armor. They also wore
body armor of their own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

Of bourse these were modified to automatic and not taken from LEO.

HeyBub[_3_] February 28th 13 11:20 PM

Shoot through the door

Oren wrote:
[...]

You are right. Thanks for the correction.

Still, the essential fact is that there has been only ONE crime involving a
fully-automatic weapon since 1934.

Frank[_17_] February 28th 13 11:36 PM

Shoot through the door

On 2/28/2013 4:53 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Frank wrote:

[...]

Right but people that get in trouble for example are the guy that shot
someone stealing his motorcycle outside going away from him. Police
said since he was not threatened he should not have been shot. I've
heard people told candidly by cops that if they shoot someone outside to
drag him inside.

Coming home today, I thought I might drive by Biden's house to see what
I might see. Didn't see anything and not even sure where the drive was.
Years ago I used to drive this road to work but when they expanded the
main road it leads to, I could no longer easily access the main road as
they changed the Biden road. It is a nice oasis of rich people in an
otherwise crowded area.

Oren[_2_] March 1st 13 12:48 AM

Shoot through the door

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:20:08 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

[...]

I wasn't picking a nit, but for the past few weeks I had been trying
to remember this incident. Where known criminals illegally modified a
weapon to automatic.

You can't do THAT, the law says so. Just steal them from a cop car.

Oren[_2_] March 1st 13 01:48 AM

Shoot through the door

wrote:

If there's a fox in your chickens, shoot your dog.

It's the liberal way.

...and use all your ammunition doing it.

The fox got the rooster and the rooster got dead

(Shovels and Rope)

Ashton Crusher[_2_] March 1st 13 08:17 AM

Shoot through the door

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 22:54:26 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:23:05 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Did you see the video with the women firing
shotguns, and getting bowled over? Versus the
woman sending well aimed 5.56 down range?

That just demonstrated a training problem. We had tiny women shooting
a 12 gauge all night at the skeet league.

Is it legal to hunt skeet at night?

nestork March 1st 13 08:32 AM

I think the only reason why Joe Biden suggested shooting someone through a door was because his mouth was running before his brain was fully engaged.

The politically correct way would be to phone 911...

...and only shoot them if they get through the door before the police come.

I expect Canada's laws are different from those in the US when it comes to using guns for self defense. I'm thinking that as long as there's a locked door between you and the person that want's to chop you into pieces with an axe, and you're holding a loaded gun so that you can shoot them much faster than they can start chopping away at you, then shooting them before they even manage to hack their way through the door is a bit premature.

Still, in a situation like that, I don't expect a normal person would think about it that way, so I don't know if the "reasonable man" rule would apply here. A reasonable man in that situation would be pi$$ing his pants too.

HeyBub[_3_] March 1st 13 12:42 PM

Shoot through the door

Frank wrote:

[...]

As for shooting at a fleeing subject, you are correct regarding some
jurisdictions. In my state, however:

--- begin quote
Texas Penal Code § 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is
justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible,
movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section
9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is
immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary,
robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal
mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is FLEEING immediately after committing
burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from
escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other
means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the
land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of
death or serious bodily injury.
--- end quote

No cop would EVER tell you to drag the deceased inside! For starters, how
would you explain the trail of blood?

Remember, too, you always have the right to self-defense (unless you live in
the UK). Also, remember it's your word against nobody's*. "Officer, he kept
shouting 'I'm gonna kill you! I'm gonna kill you! And I, in fear of my life,
defended myself!"

---
* Or, if the stink-eye lives, it's the word of a righteous citizen against
that of an obvious, and probably well-known, goblin.

HeyBub[_3_] March 1st 13 12:43 PM

Shoot through the door

wrote:

Did you see the video with the women firing
shotguns, and getting bowled over? Versus the
woman sending well aimed 5.56 down range?

That just demonstrated a training problem. We had tiny women shooting
a 12 gauge all night at the skeet league.

Is it legal to hunt skeet at night?

Don't know about skeet, but you can hunt Snipe ONLY at night.

Kurt Ullman March 1st 13 01:43 PM

Shoot through the door

wrote:

Did you see the video with the women firing
shotguns, and getting bowled over? Versus the
woman sending well aimed 5.56 down range?

That just demonstrated a training problem. We had tiny women shooting
a 12 gauge all night at the skeet league.

Is it legal to hunt skeet at night?

Don't know about skeet, but you can hunt Snipe ONLY at night.

I grew up with a kid whose Dad was DNR. They both had a rather wicked
sense of humor, so when we were out having someone hunt snipe it wasn't
unusual for Dad to come through the woods, find the dude and write him
up for hunting snipe out of season.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Stormin Mormon[_8_] March 1st 13 01:54 PM

Shoot through the door

I've heard this is tampering with evidence,
and will get you in a lot more trouble.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

[email protected][_2_] March 1st 13 02:56 PM

Shoot through the door

On Mar 1, 3:32*am, nestork wrote:
I think the only reason why Joe Biden suggested shooting someone through
a door was because his mouth was running before his brain was fully
engaged.

The politically correct way would be to phone 911...

..and only shoot them if they get through the door before the police
come.

I expect Canada's laws are different from those in the US when it comes
to using guns for self defense. *I'm thinking that as long as there's a
locked door between you and the person that want's to chop you into
pieces with an axe, and you're holding a loaded gun so that you can
shoot them much faster than they can start chopping away at you, then
shooting them before they even manage to hack their way through the door
is a bit premature.

The same thing is true in most of the USA. If I shot
someone through a closed door in NJ, in most cases,
I'd be charged. There could be exceptions. Like if the
perp was firing through the door too. Or maybe if they
had proved themselves to be extremely dangerous and
violent, like they had nearly killed you already, they were
bashing the door down and if they got through it was likely
they could kill you before you could stop them, etc.

It's going to be interesting to see how the case of Pistorious
plays out in South Africa. In my book, it's murder, no
question. I mean who shoots someone 4 times through a
bathroom door, even if they think it's a burglar? Any
normal person would yell out Who's in there? Stop! I have
a gun, etc. You'd have to be a complete idiot to believe his
story that he didn't know it was his GF who had been in
the house for hours.

I'm still waiting to hear the bullet trajectories. I'm hoping
it shows she was bracing herself against the door to
keep him from breaking in when the shots were fired.

[email protected][_2_] March 1st 13 03:05 PM

Shoot through the door

On Feb 28, 12:43*pm, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:18:52 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Feb 27, 7:50*pm, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:
* * So sez Vice President Biden. *That will scare people away from the
house. *http://tinyurl.com/d993qt2
* *He must be getting hold of the same stuff Cheech and Chong used years
ago. *http://tinyurl.com/cnn37bc
* "Daves not here"

Umm...no. He did not say anything about shooting through a door. *He
said to step out on the balcony and fire two shots in the air.

Dear Harry (anal about facts) K

...an interview with Field & Stream magazine

"“Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15,
because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the
shotgun through the door.”

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/guns/2013/02/gun-control-joe-b...

Those pesky "facts" LOL

What's even more amazing is that he made the "shoot
through the door" statement AFTER he already was under
fire (pardon the pun), for saying to fire the shotgun in the
air from the porch.....

And this is the guy working on how to make the USA
safer via new gun laws......

Stormin Mormon[_8_] March 1st 13 03:34 PM

Shoot through the door

Was the judge in on the act?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

m...

Stormin Mormon[_8_] March 1st 13 03:36 PM

Shoot through the door

Irony should be painful.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Kurt Ullman March 1st 13 05:50 PM

Shoot through the door

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Was the judge in on the act?

He never did it on official paper and when the snipe part was
revealed, so was "ticket".
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Dean Hoffman[_13_] March 1st 13 11:46 PM

Shoot through the door

On 3/1/13 11:58 AM, wrote:

wrote:

Did you see the video with the women firing
shotguns, and getting bowled over? Versus the
woman sending well aimed 5.56 down range?

That just demonstrated a training problem. We had tiny women shooting
a 12 gauge all night at the skeet league.

Is it legal to hunt skeet at night?

Sure, they are caged in this little machine and we turn them loose on
demand, under the lights.

A real sportsman would use a bow. :-)

Oren[_2_] March 2nd 13 01:14 AM

Shoot through the door

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 17:46:30 -0600, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

Is it legal to hunt skeet at night?

Sure, they are caged in this little machine and we turn them loose on
demand, under the lights.

A real sportsman would use a bow. :-)

See Rufus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ieWrWLjii0

Dean Hoffman[_13_] March 2nd 13 03:00 AM

Shoot through the door

" wrote:

Is it legal to hunt skeet at night?

Sure, they are caged in this little machine and we turn them loose on
demand, under the lights.

A real sportsman would use a bow. :-)

See Rufus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ieWrWLjii0

Wow. He doesn't seem to aim.
This guy isn't bad either:
http://tinyurl.com/bjg3bdz

I had no idea anyone could actually do this.

Oren[_2_] March 2nd 13 03:51 AM

Shoot through the door

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 07:05:45 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Umm...no. He did not say anything about shooting through a door. *He
said to step out on the balcony and fire two shots in the air.

Dear Harry (anal about facts) K

...an interview with Field & Stream magazine

"“Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15,
because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the
shotgun through the door.”

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/guns/2013/02/gun-control-joe-b...

Those pesky "facts" LOL

What's even more amazing is that he made the "shoot
through the door" statement AFTER he already was under
fire (pardon the pun), for saying to fire the shotgun in the
air from the porch.....

And this is the guy working on how to make the USA
safer via new gun laws......

Funny they never called me and asked for my opinion.

I got a bunch of opinions about guns and the White House occupants :-\

And I seldom change my mind.

--
"Trust me, I'm from the government. I'm here to help."

Oren[_2_] March 2nd 13 04:13 AM

Shoot through the door

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 21:00:30 -0600, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

Is it legal to hunt skeet at night?

Sure, they are caged in this little machine and we turn them loose on
demand, under the lights.

A real sportsman would use a bow. :-)

See Rufus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ieWrWLjii0

Wow. He doesn't seem to aim.
This guy isn't bad either:
http://tinyurl.com/bjg3bdz

I had no idea anyone could actually do this.

Nice video. I've seen gator's killed with one shot in the eye with a
Ruger 10/22. Knocked the top part of the skull off with HP mag rounds.
This was at night with a light. The eye was red, about the size of a
quarter, maybe 30 yards. Same gun you could shoot a deer in the left
ear at 40 yards.
--
"Trust me, I'm from the government. I'm here to help."

[email protected] March 2nd 13 04:14 AM

Shoot through the door

wrote:

[...]

Criminals would never break the law. Only Joe "Plugs" Biden would do
that.

[email protected] March 2nd 13 04:29 AM

Shoot through the door

" wrote:

Is it legal to hunt skeet at night?

Sure, they are caged in this little machine and we turn them loose on
demand, under the lights.

A real sportsman would use a bow. :-)

See Rufus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ieWrWLjii0

Wow. He doesn't seem to aim.
This guy isn't bad either:
http://tinyurl.com/bjg3bdz

I had no idea anyone could actually do this.

Nice video. I've seen gator's killed with one shot in the eye with a
Ruger 10/22. Knocked the top part of the skull off with HP mag rounds.
This was at night with a light. The eye was red, about the size of a
quarter, maybe 30 yards. Same gun you could shoot a deer in the left
ear at 40 yards.

I knew a woman who bagged a black bear with a 10/22. One shot, right
between the eyes (head hanging in the den). She used a little bigger
artillery (3030) to get her polar bear rug, though.