Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Shoot through the door

Attila Iskander wrote:

I'm so sorry that you don't read what was written.
Running away is not the same as running away while committing a
felony. Eg running away with a stolen gun or anything that's worth more
than
(usual) $50.

Stopping a crime being committed is generally covered by "deadly
force" laws.
And the reason most states have such a provision is to cover for the
police when they actually shoot a perp "running away" if they believe
he has or still is committing a felony
It just happens that such laws are NOT exclusive to LEOs, and they
apply to citizens as well.

It works like this:

"The alleged perp was running away, but he stopped and pointed what I
believed to be a weapon in my direction. In fear of my life, I discharged my
service pistol. While the bullet was in flight, the perp turned around to
continue his escape..."