Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shoot through the door

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 11:03:00 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 09:24:23 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Attila Iskander wrote:

I'm so sorry that you don't read what was written.
Running away is not the same as running away while committing a
felony. Eg running away with a stolen gun or anything that's worth more
than
(usual) $50.

Stopping a crime being committed is generally covered by "deadly
force" laws.
And the reason most states have such a provision is to cover for the
police when they actually shoot a perp "running away" if they believe
he has or still is committing a felony
It just happens that such laws are NOT exclusive to LEOs, and they
apply to citizens as well.

It works like this:

"The alleged perp was running away, but he stopped and pointed what I
believed to be a weapon in my direction. In fear of my life, I discharged my
service pistol. While the bullet was in flight, the perp turned around to
continue his escape..."

That may work in Texas but you are getting arrested in any North East
state. A $250,000 lawyer bill may get you off but that is quite a fine
for shooting a guy who stole your wallet. If you shot the guy square
in the back, $250k might not get you off.

There is are *very* good reasons I moved out of the NE.

As a reference, even in Florida Zimmerman has paid over $200,000 in
legal fees and he hasn't even been to trial yet ... on a case that
the state is going to lose.

Yes, someone should be disbarred for that one.