Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Roof jobs, and needing a helper

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

pyotr filipivich fired this volley in
:

I'll take your word for it.

Gunner's right about there being non-combat areas.

When I picked up a fragment at Kien Ahn, I got shipped up to Cam Rahn Bay
for repairs. It was like three weeks of R&R, even though I had duty
every day. Not a shot to be heard, no talcums going off at random all
night... just helicopters and Warthogs going up and down 24-hours.

Heck! I learned to sail a cat-rigged boat while I was there, re-covered
pool tables for "light duty", and ate like a king. Yeah... that was "the
rear", alright!

Any furter to the rear, and they would have had to promote you to
General. ;-)
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 22:21:27 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

pyotr filipivich fired this volley in
:

I'll take your word for it.

Gunner's right about there being non-combat areas.

When I picked up a fragment at Kien Ahn, I got shipped up to Cam Rahn Bay
for repairs. It was like three weeks of R&R, even though I had duty
every day. Not a shot to be heard, no talcums going off at random all
night... just helicopters and Warthogs going up and down 24-hours.

Heck! I learned to sail a cat-rigged boat while I was there, re-covered
pool tables for "light duty", and ate like a king. Yeah... that was "the
rear", alright!

Any furter to the rear, and they would have had to promote you to
General. ;-)

In college, a cow-orker had just came back from Saigon. He was on an
admiral's staff. No bullets flying anywhere close.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lets roll!

Oren wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 20:53:08 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Oren wrote:

Hey. Will the last American leaving Miami, please bring the American
flag. Miami is nice -- in a rearview mirror. BTDT

The last time someone asked me why I didn't sell at the Miami
Hamfest, I told them I wouldn't go to Miami if they gave it to me.

Why not just dig a trench around it and declare it 'Mini Cuba'?

The Cubans that came in the 60's were decent hard working people. They
moved into the ghetto slums of Liberty City and rebuilt (parts) the
place. Mostly they became Republicans.

The Mariel Cubans in early '80s were the insane criminals forced out
of Cuba prisons by Fidel at gun point onto the freedom flotilla. Had
to fight them *******s everyday.

It was a dangerous time in those days.... same with the Columbian
Cocaine Cowboys in the '70s.

The last time I was in Miami, I think, was just after Hurricane
Andrew. What a mess...

I worked with people who left Miami right after Andrew. One ran the
county's two way radio service depot. He was working for about 25% of
what he made in Miami, but he said that hurricane Andrew was the last
straw. His house was a couple years old, and supposed to have been
built to current huricane standards. In reality, the builder paid off a
building inspector to pass the substandard work, and what should have
been minor damage resulted in a total loss. The city 'couldn't explain'
all of the substandard wiring in the damaged buildings, and none of the
inspectors still worked for the city.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

But they still go for peanuts, when coated with cyanide?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB42DVLL4Nw

Liberals are waste of good cyanide.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/31/2012 8:17 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 21:28:11 -0400, "
wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:54:57 -0700, George Plimpton wrote:

On 7/31/2012 5:40 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 20:23:30 -0400, "
wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 16:09:50 -0700, George Plimpton wrote:

On 7/31/2012 4:03 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:40:37 -0700, "Warren E. Harrison"
wrote:

On 7/31/2012 3:16 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:29:51 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:56:59 -0700, George Plimpton
wrote:

All of the places I said I would
consider are the least "southern" places in the south. The rest of the
south is permanently backward, but those places are different.

You mean filled with liberal Democrats, like Austin and Atlanta?

Sure, he want's to come down where it's cheap and people are left alone, then
demand all the liberal crap he has in the sewer he lives in now.

Actually, one generally lives better in blue states, or in the bluer
parts of red states. Red states and the red areas of blue states are
like Oakland: there's no "there" there. It would be better to be
waiting tables in San Diego than to be a white-collar professional in
Birmingham.

Another leftist idiot heard from...

Nope. He's right. Blue states, and the blue areas of red states, have
vastly more to offer culturally and intellectually and in terms of
amenities. We have cuisine; you have Applebee's and Max & Irma's.

Of course one lefty would agree with another lefty, Dumb****. Having lived in
both (90% of my life in the North), I *know* you're full of ****, Dumb****.

And the Harrison Nym is just our regular little munchkin who was posting
as Neville just hours ago.

Laugh laugh laugh...he is clearly a mentally ill individual with no
personality of his own.

"South Taft" is as much a ******** as Alabama.

Must be a nice place, Dumb****.

Actually..it is not half bad for a small town in the oil fields out in
the high desert.

Actually, gummer, it's a ******** that is *NOT* in the "high desert".
Actually, gummer, your particular patch of the ******** is at under
1040', as I showed with a link to a contour map that shows that 1040'
line passing *above* your ******** squat.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 01/08/12 13:47, Gunner Asch wrote:

There are some other fun photos in there too. Like me as a cop in the
late 1970s, photos from highschool...the usual. I still have 10,000
photos to scan one of these decades. Shrug

But none of you in Nam. Funny that.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/31/2012 8:47 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 21:44:01 -0400, "
wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:40:37 -0700, "Warren E. Harrison"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

It really is a ********. I drove past gummer's place last year.

Ohh! Gunner, you have an admirer!

There's a weed-choked, trash-strewn vacant lot across the street from
it. The street is cracked as if it hasn't been paved since 1950. It's
just the most squalid, dirty, god-forsaken dump you can imagine.
Seriously, check it out:
http://tinyurl.com/c45lawt
http://tinyurl.com/ck2oh6x
http://tinyurl.com/c2gyous

Ayup.

Hicks say "ayup". You're a dweeb from central Michigan, gummer. Saying
"ayup" is a goofy affectation.

? Home Sweet Home! Looks like

********, sour ********.

The first view is of gummer's rancid squat. The second is of the
cracked pavement in the street directly in front of gummer's dump. The
third view is of the vile vacant lot across the street. No person with
two quarters to rub together and an 8th grade education would live there.

Wow! Dumb**** is stalking Gunner! Better be careful or he's going to "play
Misty for you", Gunner.

VBG I keep getting emails from him

No, you have never got any e-mails from me, gummer.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/31/2012 8:54 PM, terryc wrote:
On 01/08/12 13:47, Gunner Asch wrote:

There are some other fun photos in there too. Like me as a cop in the
late 1970s, photos from highschool...the usual. I still have 10,000
photos to scan one of these decades. Shrug

But none of you in Nam. Funny that.

Of course not. gummer was never there.

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

" wrote:

In college, a cow-orker had just came back from Saigon. He was on an
admiral's staff. No bullets flying anywhere close.

That's because the Navy uses canons. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Oren" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:56:15 -0700, George Plimpton
wrote:

My take is you suffer from ALPD (Airhead Liberal Political Disorder).
There is a mental diagnosis and a cure. You first have to visit a
psychiatrist and admit you are powerless.

I'm not a liberal. I'm libertarian. To you knuckle-dragging crackers,
that's the same as a "liberal", but to liberals, it's a right-winger.
If I'm ****ing of leftwing idiots at the same time I **** off
knuckle-dragging crackers, I know I'm doing it right.

Have a cite for that? For the record you do not have the power to ****
me off.

What is a "cracker"? Oh, and what is a knuckle dragging cracker?

Look in a mirror, mouth-breather.

You DID NOT answer or tell me what a "cracker" is. Instead, just name
calling. A clear sign of ALPD.

Reach down and grab your nuts, if you have some, and tell me what a
"cracker" is.

You use a word that you DO NOT know the meaning off.

What "********" do you plan on moving from? Maybe we can warn others.
--

Please stop teasing the loon..

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Atila Iskander wrote:

Please stop teasing the loon.

Loon & Goon baiting should be an Olympic sport.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

All of the places I said I would
consider are the least "southern" places in the south. The rest of the
south is permanently backward, but those places are different.

You mean filled with liberal Democrats, like Austin and Atlanta?

What is a "cracker"?

Descendents of the pre-Revolution Scots-Irish and English settlers
(primarily former bond servants) of Maryland, Georgia, Virginia and the
Carolinas.

Etymology of the term is obscure, with several different theories.
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in
m:

That's because the Navy uses canons. ;-)

Cannons? In Hornblower's navy, perhaps. Our navy uses rifled guns.

(Cannons? Hooboy!)

To be sure, there were always 'sappers' trying to breach the perimeters of
bases like Cam Rahn Bay (which was a joint services base), but the base was
SO large that unless you were near a guard tower on that rare occasion when
a sapper tried to make it through, you'd never hear a shot fired.

LLoyd
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Well...not in the Brown Water Navy.....

Well... not in the blue water contingent either.

Those big 16" calibre rifled thingies on battleships are called "naval
guns", not cannon. (cannon is the plural as well as the singular)

3"-58 was the biggest naval gun I ever shot. But we did have something
similar to a cannon on the boats.

We had a smoothbore on board the Swift boats that was slightly over 3"
calibre... an 81mm marine-mount mortar with selectable trigger/drop fire,
set up with a single-barrel Browning .50 over/under on the fantail of the
boat, just forward of the mortar box.

LLoyd

LLoyd
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

" wrote:

In college, a cow-orker had just came back from Saigon. He was on
an
admiral's staff. No bullets flying anywhere close.

That's because the Navy uses canons. ;-)

I witnessed the reenlistment of two guys who didn't like Heidelberg
and wanted to go back to Saigon.

They told me that in the US and Germany they were brown, but in Saigon
they were white.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 01:23:56 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Atila Iskander wrote:

Please stop teasing the loon.

Loon & Goon baiting should be an Olympic sport.

Right along with tar and feathering

Using hot roofing tar of course.

Not pine tar. No indeedy.

How about 'Liberals & Lions' in a huge coliseum? Two teams of 12
each. Then we see who runs the fastest & furthest. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Sue wrote:

My son waits table (and bartends) in San Diego and I suspect he would
rather do that than live in Birmingham under any circumstances. Doing
anything in San Diego is better than doing anything anywhere else.

Sue (really)

In your opinion. There are a lot of great places to live, depending
on your interests. I prefer a medium sized town. Big enough to have
what I need, but small enough that it doesn't take an hour to cross when
the traffic is heavy.
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

" wrote:

In college, a cow-orker had just came back from Saigon. He was on
an
admiral's staff. No bullets flying anywhere close.

That's because the Navy uses canons. ;-)

I witnessed the reenlistment of two guys who didn't like Heidelberg
and wanted to go back to Saigon.

They told me that in the US and Germany they were brown, but in Saigon
they were white.

You just can't please some people, no matter where you go.
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in
m:

That's because the Navy uses canons. ;-)

Cannons? In Hornblower's navy, perhaps. Our navy uses rifled guns.

You missed the wink?

(Cannons? Hooboy!)

To be sure, there were always 'sappers' trying to breach the perimeters of
bases like Cam Rahn Bay (which was a joint services base), but the base was
SO large that unless you were near a guard tower on that rare occasion when
a sapper tried to make it through, you'd never hear a shot fired.

LLoyd

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
news

Atila Iskander wrote:
Please stop teasing the loon.

Loon & Goon baiting should be an Olympic sport.

Scored by how high they'll jump for it?

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in
m:

You missed the wink?

yup... retract!
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Atila Iskander wrote:
Please stop teasing the loon.

Loon & Goon baiting should be an Olympic sport.

Scored by how high they'll jump for it?

Why bother to score them? The survior with the most limbs wins the
Gold medal. ;-)
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in
m:

You missed the wink?

yup... retract!

It happens. There's too much loss when it's not face to face
communications.
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Are apologies allowed, on Usenet?
I didn't think they were allowed.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

. 3.70...
"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in
m:

You missed the wink?

yup... retract!

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Are apologies allowed, on Usenet?
I didn't think they were allowed.

Yes, but only to people with manners.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Sue wrote:

Doing
anything in San Diego is better than doing anything anywhere else.

The climate is nice, but being in the state of California is a drawback.
I'll keep my cold winters and relative freedom, thank you.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 12:16:08 -0700, George Plimpton
wrote:

On 7/31/2012 12:07 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 07:11:40 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Oren wrote:

LOL. I advocate a border fence between California and Nevada.
Nobody
listens to me....

I want want one the Florida border, but alas...

I want one at the top of the Grapevine ..the mountain between the
California Central Valley and So Cal..the LA area.

And lots of claymores and Javelin batteries

What? No tanks? No drones? You're getting soft on us, Gunner! ;-)

Tanks? Of course you have to have tanks. And drones too. If you put a

You don't know anything about military hardware. Shut the **** up.

plink

VBG

Oh good
One less responder to pimpleton

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jack Skolasky" wrote in message

You are monumentally stupid. Just shut the **** up.

Darn
Saw your reflection on your screen while posting ?
Can you get one of those matte screen covers to avoid this problem in the
future ?
Thank you.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/1/2012 3:29 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 20:57:43 -0700, "Warren E. Harrison"
wrote:

On 7/31/2012 8:49 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

wrote:

All of the places I said I would
consider are the least "southern" places in the south. The rest of the
south is permanently backward, but those places are different.

You mean filled with liberal Democrats, like Austin and Atlanta?

Sure, he want's to come down where it's cheap and people are left alone, then
demand all the liberal crap he has in the sewer he lives in now.

Actually, one generally lives better in blue states, or in the bluer
parts of red states. Red states and the red areas of blue states are
like Oakland: there's no "there" there. It would be better to be
waiting tables in San Diego than to be a white-collar professional in
Birmingham.

You do know that Oakland is a blue area and Dago is a Red area..right?

The reference to Oakland was merely to introduce Gertrude Stein's great
quip. You wouldn't know anything about that.

Got you again didnt I?

No, gummer. You only stuck your thumb up your ass again.

You've never heard of Gertrude Stein.

Ive never heard of Alice Toklas either.

You did after you looked up Gertrude Stein chortle.

You stupid ****ing queer.

Hey, gummer! You haven't posted my message headers for a while. What's
the matter? guffaw

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Atila Iskander wrote:
Please stop teasing the loon.

Loon & Goon baiting should be an Olympic sport.

Scored by how high they'll jump for it?

gummer jumps whenever I instruct him to jump.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Oren wrote:

[...]

A number of inspectors were indicted and convicted for bribery and
such. They were taking cash kickbacks from the contractors.

Homestead had mounds of trash that must have been a 3-4 stories high
after being pushed up with dozers. I've been through a number of
hurricanes. After seeing the damage from Andrew I was somewhat
shocked. The Miami Zoo lost many exotic animals, research, etc.

Here is a photo of a 2x4.

http://www.ihc.fiu.edu/images/wind_damage.jpg
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default pain levels

On 7/31/2012 6:58 PM, Steve B wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote

I bumped my bandaged leg yesterday and I'm in a lot of pain and have a
bloody bandage because of it. I was scheduled to do an electrical job
this morning, fortunately, we had a severe thunderstorm come through
so I didn't have to go and I got some more rest. ^_^

TDD

I thought I was going to have an easy day. Working by myself, taking two
sheets of 19' x 3' Galvalume up to the top of the container roof, and
finishing my roof. Got it off the ground, all balanced, then stepped on a
rock that I had been used to keep the sheets from launching in our
treacherous winds. I would give me about a 9.2 on recovery and save, not
dropping anything, and getting the leading edge up to the top plate line
without having the sheet give me a new part line on my doo. But I did feel
something pull in my back down where I broke it. Ah, ****.

I bet it feels better when it quits hurting. Hope it is better tomorrow, as
I am going to go cut and fetch 5 cords of firewood. Will take some pics of
the new auto-loader we made for the trailer to load 16' lengths of trees,
rather than a lot of smaller pieces. Then, just pull them off, cut to
length, split, and stack.

Or, anyway, that's the plan.

Pain is an unforgiving mistress.

Steve

Pain? Oh that indicator that means one is still among the living. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Oren" wrote in message

Here is a photo of a 2x4.

http://www.ihc.fiu.edu/images/wind_damage.jpg

I figured out how implausibly light things like straws can embed in a
tree or phone pole. The wood cracks open lengthwise on the upwind
tension side when it bends in the wind. The cracks close on trapped
debris when it straightens out.

jsw

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/1/2012 10:55 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Because I killfiiled the last 5 you used...in the past 16 hours

Now Im going after your internet account.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! No, you're not.

Lets roll! terryc Metalworking 1 July 22nd 12 04:23 AM
Buy to lets Phil Gardner UK diy 457 December 4th 07 01:28 AM
Dassault.Systemes.P3.CATIA.V5R17, GibbsCAM.2006.v8.0.17, Copra Roll Forming v2007, Ubeco Profil Roll Form v4.3, Mazak CPC, FANUC Robotics Simulation, Lantek, AMADA, other ... kashumoto_tokugawa UK diy 1 November 10th 06 07:18 PM
Building the roll part of a roll top desk [email protected] Woodworking 3 July 24th 06 02:26 PM
Refinishing roll part of roll top desk [email protected] Woodworking 3 June 2nd 06 02:31 PM