Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I heard you guys had a party in Aurora Colorado last night...

Ralph Mowery wrote:
"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I agee. Sadly, the theaters, or maybe thier insurance, mandates a
"no firearms allowed" sign. Which is about as effective as laws
against crime. There were probably dozen or more CHL holders, whose
guns were in the trunk
of the car, or back home.

Oh ****, I never thought about them. I hope no one had to bear that
remorse.

Something like that hapened years ago in a Texas restrurant. A woman
left her handgun in her car and had to watch as a gunman killed her
mon and dad. I think the law was changed with her help.

Yep. Suzanna Hupp went on to get elected to the Texas legislature where she
helped to pass the bill allowing concealed handgun licensing. The bill was
immediately signed by governor Bush. The governor's predecessor, Ann
Richards (a Democrat) had vetoed three prior attempts.

As an aside, Suzanna Hupp's action of leaving her piece in the car was still
illegal at the time. Times have changed. Now, in Texas, virtually anyone can
carry a handgun in their vehicle. (There are exceptions: you can't be
involved in a criminal activity, cannot be a convicted felon, cannot be a
member of a "gang," etc.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:14:28 -0700 (PDT), RonB
wrote:

On Friday, July 20, 2012 10:49:59 AM UTC-5, Doug wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 08:04:04 -0400, Batman > wrote:

>Sounds like you had a blast of a time.

Not funny

What is amazing to me is your post (this post) is well down on the list and you are the first to take exception to the cruel, thoughtless tone of the OP.

Perhaps our society is sicker than I thought. And I mean US and Canadian society.

RonB

I won't go that far. The problem is news like CNN and the like only
like to broadcast the bad types, rarely the good types so you begin to
think almost everyone is bad. The truth is the small minority are
nuts but they get all the publicity because the good people don't want
or need the publicity.

Sometimes, I shut off the news like CNN because they paint such a
picture of doom, it makes me think the earth will cease to exist soon.
Frankly I get tired of this picture of gloom.
Posted to alt.home.repair

G. Morgan wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I agee. Sadly, the theaters, or maybe thier insurance, mandates a
"no firearms allowed" sign. Which is about as effective as laws
against crime. There were probably dozen or more CHL holders, whose
guns were in the trunk of the car, or back home.

Oh ****, I never thought about them. I hope no one had to bear that
remorse.

Forget the remorse. If, in fact, the theater affirmatively banned legally
concealed handguns, the theater implicitly took responsibility for the
safety of its patrons. That it failed in this duty is cause for mucho law
suits.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:19:45 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:49:02 -0500, G. Morgan
wrote:

I just read that Cinemark has signs posted on their properties barring
CHL holders from carrying inside.

Costco has no signs posted, but hide the prohibition of guns in the
"agreement". I don't shop there.

If they kick you out, they'll refund your membership fee. It's a good way to
get a free year. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:22:25 -0500, "Pete C." wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I agee. Sadly, the theaters, or maybe thier insurance, mandates a "no
firearms allowed" sign. Which is about as effective as laws against crime.
There were probably dozen or more CHL holders, whose guns were in the trunk
of the car, or back home.

Even if there were CHLs carrying in the theater, or even if the theater
was rife with uniformed police, there was no way to return fire in a
dark theater with smoke/teargas, and it seems the perpetrator was
wearing armor as well.

As for the perpetrator, a 24yo neuroscience doctoral candidate from San
Diego, that sure fits the stereotype of a conservative, republican,
racist, redneck, gun nut doesn't it?

No, but you fit the stereotype of a lefty loon. It's shocking that you can
breathe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 18:36:40 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I agee. Sadly, the theaters, or maybe thier insurance, mandates a "no
firearms allowed" sign. Which is about as effective as laws against crime.
There were probably dozen or more CHL holders, whose guns were in the
trunk
of the car, or back home.

Oh ****, I never thought about them. I hope no one had to bear that
remorse.

Something like that hapened years ago in a Texas restrurant. A woman left
her handgun in her car and had to watch as a gunman killed her mon and dad.
I think the law was changed with her help.

Happened in Ohio, too. Students went to their cars to fetch their weapons and
went back in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 23:06:09 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

G. Morgan wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I agee. Sadly, the theaters, or maybe thier insurance, mandates a
"no firearms allowed" sign. Which is about as effective as laws
against crime. There were probably dozen or more CHL holders, whose
guns were in the trunk of the car, or back home.

Oh ****, I never thought about them. I hope no one had to bear that
remorse.

Forget the remorse. If, in fact, the theater affirmatively banned legally
concealed handguns, the theater implicitly took responsibility for the
safety of its patrons. That it failed in this duty is cause for mucho law
suits.

Yet the same theater chain is checking all packages for weapons today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 18:27:37 -0500, G. Morgan wrote:

HeyBub wrote:

G. Morgan wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

Batman wrote:
Sounds like you had a blast of a time.

One way, probably the best way, to avoid similar future tragedies is
to provide free admission to holders of concealed handgun permits.

If it were free there wouldn't be room for paying customers. G

Good idea though, I can think of other businesses too that might
offer a nice discount (50%?) for CHL holders in exchange for free
security.

Hell, just the sign alone advertising that fact would dissuade any
dip**** criminal.

I'm a little surprised a dozen CHL's were not in the theatre to fight
back, it is Colorado after all.

Back in '95, when Texas passed its concealed carry law, the legal eagle from
the Texas Restaurant Association advised against posting ANY sign, whether
for or against, concealed carry. His reasonings were thus:

* If a restaurant prohibits concealed carry, the presumption can be that the
restaurant will take responsibility for its patrons safety. If something
nasty does happen, a permit holder who left his weapon in the car will have
a sustainable action against the restaurant for failure to perform an
implied duty.
* If the restaurant puts up a sign encouraging permit holders and a permit
holder someday takes vigorous objection to finding snot on his lettuce, the
other diners will immediately sue the restaurant for creating a deadly
nuisance.

Best to remain silent on the subject, the lawyer concluded.

Probably so.

This banker does not agree, he say's bring 'em in!
http://www.kens5.com/news/Texas-bank...103920673.html

My wife works in a bank where carrying is strictly forbidden. Several of the
banks in the area have been robbed over the past couple of years and she's not
too happy about it. Last week someone was breaking into cars in the parking
lot (and also on our street). I'm planning on getting her a gun (thinking
about a Walther PPK/S - light enough for her) but I don't think she'll get a
CHL.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 18:31:50 -0500, G. Morgan wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Actually, about two million times a year, law abiding US citizens protect
themselves from violence, using personally owned fire arms. The answer is to
reduce the laws on the law abiding.

Do you have a link for that Chris? I really need to show it to someone.

http://www.amazon.com/More-Guns-Less...uns+less+crime

Lott has other similar books on the subject.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
" wrote:

Yet the same theater chain is checking all packages for weapons today.

I wonder if they are checking them all at the back entrance after it is
forced open. A local single theatre company in Indy is talking about
metal detectors.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
" wrote:

Yet the same theater chain is checking all packages for weapons today.

I wonder if they are checking them all at the back entrance after it is
forced open. A local single theatre company in Indy is talking about
metal detectors.

Perhaps they will at least alarm the back doors, since in the CO case
they were not forced open. The perp bought a ticket, then went out the
back door, pretending to talk on a cell phone as cover, propped the door
open, went to his car to get weapons and then returned.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-07-21, Pete C. wrote:

back door, pretending to talk on a cell phone as cover, propped the door

I certainly have no problem with outlawing all cell phones! Better
yet, make it legal for CCW ppl to shoot annoying cell phone users.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 07:58:12 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
" wrote:

Yet the same theater chain is checking all packages for weapons today.

I wonder if they are checking them all at the back entrance after it is
forced open. A local single theatre company in Indy is talking about
metal detectors.

Lot of good that'll do; shoot the person manning the metal detector and walk
through. It'll give them a good excuse to raise the price of popcorn, though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in
m:

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I agee. Sadly, the theaters, or maybe thier insurance, mandates a
"no firearms allowed" sign. Which is about as effective as laws
against crime. There were probably dozen or more CHL holders, whose
guns were in the trunk
of the car, or back home.

Oh ****, I never thought about them. I hope no one had to bear that
remorse.

Something like that hapened years ago in a Texas restrurant. A woman
left her handgun in her car and had to watch as a gunman killed her
mon and dad. I think the law was changed with her help.

Luby's Restaurant,Killeen TX. Suzanne Gratia-Hupp was the lady.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pete C." wrote in
.com:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

A good CHL, knowing s/he is going to a dark place, carries a high
intensity flash light.

And a gas mask? And a ladder to get up high enough to target the
perpetrator over the herds of people trying to escape? And what about
the herds of people trampling the CHL (or Cop)? Face it, it was a
relatively hopeless situation, a theater is essentially fish in a
barrel, and if the perpetrator didn't have a gun and instead lobbed
firebombs or rammed the theater with a stolen semi the results would
be about the same casualty wise.

who says all the people were running around?
Maybe they were all hunkering down,trying to "look small" and hope to not
be noticed by the murderer,or playing dead.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair

G. Morgan wrote in
:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Actually, about two million times a year, law abiding US citizens
protect themselves from violence, using personally owned fire arms.
The answer is to reduce the laws on the law abiding.

Do you have a link for that Chris? I really need to show it to
someone.

here's another good quote for you;

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and
law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own
conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the
law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the
lawless will allow...
For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to
accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals.
Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate
themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding."
---------- Jeff Snyder

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
.com:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

A good CHL, knowing s/he is going to a dark place, carries a high
intensity flash light.

And a gas mask? And a ladder to get up high enough to target the
perpetrator over the herds of people trying to escape? And what about
the herds of people trampling the CHL (or Cop)? Face it, it was a
relatively hopeless situation, a theater is essentially fish in a
barrel, and if the perpetrator didn't have a gun and instead lobbed
firebombs or rammed the theater with a stolen semi the results would
be about the same casualty wise.

who says all the people were running around?
Maybe they were all hunkering down,trying to "look small" and hope to not
be noticed by the murderer,or playing dead.

Certainly some were, but all the reports indicate a substantial stampede
of those trying to flee. I have two CHLs and I'm all for allowing carry
everywhere, but I still think the theater is to a very large extent a
hopeless fish in a barrel scenario. From the latest reports it's unclear
whether the perp actually had armor or just "tacticool" gear though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 20, 2012 11:03:59 PM UTC-5, Doug wrote:

I won't go that far. The problem is news like CNN and the like only
like to broadcast the bad types, rarely the good types so you begin to
think almost everyone is bad. The truth is the small minority are
nuts but they get all the publicity because the good people don't want
or need the publicity.

I agree but I wasn't talking about CNN. I was talking about the morbid subject line on this post; and the fact that quite a few folks joined in the revelry before someone finally put some kind of serious slant on the conversation. I was talking about us, not CNN!

RonB

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pete C." wrote in
.com:

Jim Yanik wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
.com:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

A good CHL, knowing s/he is going to a dark place, carries a high
intensity flash light.

And a gas mask? And a ladder to get up high enough to target the
perpetrator over the herds of people trying to escape? And what
about the herds of people trampling the CHL (or Cop)? Face it, it
was a relatively hopeless situation, a theater is essentially fish
in a barrel, and if the perpetrator didn't have a gun and instead
lobbed firebombs or rammed the theater with a stolen semi the
results would be about the same casualty wise.

who says all the people were running around?
Maybe they were all hunkering down,trying to "look small" and hope to
not be noticed by the murderer,or playing dead.

Certainly some were, but all the reports indicate a substantial
stampede of those trying to flee.

that may or may not block an ODC from returning fire.
one could always stand on a seat and be over the fleeing crowd.
Or they could move to where they had a better shot.

I have two CHLs and I'm all for
allowing carry everywhere, but I still think the theater is to a very
large extent a hopeless fish in a barrel scenario. From the latest
reports it's unclear whether the perp actually had armor or just
"tacticool" gear though.

I'm wondering where he got all that armor,groin shield and
armor leggings,etc,AND the money for all the guns and armor,and bomb
materials in his apartment.
A dropout grad student? did he have a job?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

College kids get lots of pre approved credit card applications. The
statements may be in the mail, even now.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
4...

I'm wondering where he got all that armor,groin shield and
armor leggings,etc,AND the money for all the guns and armor,and bomb
materials in his apartment.
A dropout grad student? did he have a job?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
localnet
dot com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Waylon Bruc" wrote in message
b.com...
Just like the Toronto party, eh?

Or a couple of weekends in "gun-free" Chicago

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news

Forget the remorse. If, in fact, the theater affirmatively banned legally
concealed handguns, the theater implicitly took responsibility for the
safety of its patrons. That it failed in this duty is cause for mucho law
suits.

I wonder who will be the first to sue, and how soon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 20:28:16 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

Or a couple of weekends in "gun-free" Chicago

....more people died from gun fire in shytown than in our current war/

... the ..... tqo months.
__
A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for
dinner. Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb
contesting the vote. --- Anon
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
.com:

Jim Yanik wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
.com:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

[...]

Tried moving around a movie theater lately? It's difficult enough to
move around just carrying popcorn and a drink with the lights on.

I have two CHLs and I'm all for
allowing carry everywhere, but I still think the theater is to a very
large extent a hopeless fish in a barrel scenario. From the latest
reports it's unclear whether the perp actually had armor or just
"tacticool" gear though.

I'm wondering where he got all that armor,groin shield and
armor leggings,etc,AND the money for all the guns and armor,and bomb
materials in his apartment.
A dropout grad student? did he have a job?

I believe he was working for the university up until withdrawing. It's
not clear from the latest report whether he actually had armor or just
carrier vests. As for getting real armor, it's readily available in most
states if you have the money for it, and it's not that expensive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

As for the perpetrator, a 24yo neuroscience doctoral candidate from San
Diego, that sure fits the stereotype of a conservative, republican,
racist, redneck, gun nut doesn't it?

Gun control originates from democrats, has been forever and still
continues to this day. Talk about racist -- denying blacks of guns.

Look it up!

Funny thing that most of my darker skinned cousins don't know or refuse
to believe, The KKK is a Democrat spawned organization. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/21/2012 4:49 PM, RonB wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2012 11:03:59 PM UTC-5, Doug wrote:

I won't go that far. The problem is news like CNN and the like only
like to broadcast the bad types, rarely the good types so you begin to
think almost everyone is bad. The truth is the small minority are
nuts but they get all the publicity because the good people don't want
or need the publicity.

I agree but I wasn't talking about CNN. I was talking about the morbid subject line on this post; and the fact that quite a few folks joined in the revelry before someone finally put some kind of serious slant on the conversation. I was talking about us, not CNN!

RonB

For some reason lots of folks here really need to stay in touch and have
frequent dialogue and rewarding conversations with their buddy from
Canada....
Posted to alt.home.repair

Don't worry, the perp had a gas mask.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

I watch all the old and new movies on my computer. I haven't been to a
movie theater in years and couldn't sit still in one anyway, Mr. Bladder
won't let me. The noxious green fog I often produce would wipe out half
the patrons if I sat there for any length of time. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I went back and looked. Hebe Bub's text was indented with chicken scratches.

So you fix it manually before sending!

Below, you can see the double indents, that's not your text.

Duh! That's what I'm complaining about. Indents mean nothing unless
the attribution is with it.

And the sig. on top thing - come on man. Why won't you just follow
convention and keep everything consistent like hundreds of other
participants of this group do?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

This guy _knows_ all this. He has been told about it by me and others
here. It confounds the chronology of the thread. Like reading a thread
from bottom to top vs top to bottom. With facts snipped out.

He has to *make* sure his religion is on his sleeve, not caring about
what you or others think. AS long as his sig is on TOP. He was told
how to put his sig at the bottom and offered help to do so.

This is the 3rd or 4th time I've asked politely in a couple of groups.

I have his incoming posts marked 'read', just so he won't mess up
threading on *my* end.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's interesting reading all the anguish about this tragedy. We have
a horror like this about once every 10 years. In the middle east,
they have something like this happen about every 10 minutes but they
keep on truckin'.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

"fair game" means that law abiding citizens can carry legal private
property?

Yup. Unless the sign is posted clearly up front on the door (before you
enter), with verbatim wording I posted before; it's legal to carry
inside. They might be able to cancel your (Costco) membership, but
that's it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Marina wrote:

well, my heart goes out to all the people killed and wounded and
their loved ones.

Mine doesn't.

They weren't killed because of an accident. Some act of weather,
earthquake, flood, transportation accident, infection or virus, cancer,
food poisioning, etc.

You people have to sit back and take these events, these fire-arm
deaths, and not complain about them.

You sit there and shut up and take it.

And it will happen again and it will keep happening.

If you want to allow these dangerous consumer products to exist as part
of your retail landscape, then you must live with the consequences of
their use. Regardless if their use is "illegal" or improper. Because
people are people, and there will always be enough unstable,
short-tempered or mentally defective, socially deranged people, or
people under the influence of drugs or alcohol, that will cause harm to
others and will do so with what-ever they can get their hands on. And
as this case shows, you simply can't spot them before they buy their
guns. They don't always give themselves away.

So you children - go and enjoy your guns.

Brag and clean and polish and load and point and fantasize and dream
about your guns.

Because if you live by the gun, you die by the gun.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 09:00:36 -0400, God wrote in
Re I heard you guys had a party
in Aurora Colorado last night...:

So you children - go and enjoy your guns.

We need our guns to defend ourselves in case we are ever invaded by
Canada or the British. Although realistically, just plain old water
pistols would probably be all we need.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/22/2012 10:45 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 05:59:07 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

" wrote:

Yet the same theater chain is checking all packages for weapons today.

I wonder if they are checking them all at the back entrance after it is
forced open. A local single theatre company in Indy is talking about
metal detectors.

Lot of good that'll do; shoot the person manning the metal detector and walk
through. It'll give them a good excuse to raise the price of popcorn, though.

I watch all the old and new movies on my computer. I haven't been to a
movie theater in years

$20 for tickets and another $11 for a couple of sodas (another $10 for one
popcorn but I have my limits) turns me off. When tickets were half that (they
had a geezers age down to 55 until last year) we went once a month or so. Now
it's more like once a year, and that's a matinee. It's not the money, really,
just what they're showing isn't worth what they're charging.

and couldn't sit still in one anyway, Mr. Bladder
won't let me. The noxious green fog I often produce would wipe out half
the patrons if I sat there for any length of time. O_o

A noxious green fog from your bladder? Oh, that is bad. ;-)

No, no, no, my tailpipe, I'm an early model without a factory installed
catalytic converter. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/22/2012 8:00 AM, God wrote:
Marina wrote:

[...]

I actually support crazy people control laws, those make more sense to
me. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

RonB wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2012 11:03:59 PM UTC-5, Doug wrote:

I won't go that far. The problem is news like CNN and the like
only like to broadcast the bad types, rarely the good types so you
begin to think almost everyone is bad. The truth is the small
minority are
nuts but they get all the publicity because the good people
don't want or need the publicity.

I agree but I wasn't talking about CNN. I was talking about the
morbid subject line on this post; and the fact that quite a few folks
joined in the revelry before someone finally put some kind of serious
slant on the conversation. I was talking about us, not CNN!

Personally, I thought about saying something, but chose not to "feed the troll".

Posted to alt.home.repair

"God" wrote in message
Marina wrote:

well, my heart goes out to all the people killed and wounded and
their loved ones.

Mine doesn't.

They weren't killed because of an accident. Some act of weather,
earthquake, flood, transportation accident, infection or virus, cancer,
food poisioning, etc.

They were NOT killed by a gun either, moron
They were killed by an idiot, not much different from you

rest of blood dancing snipped

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

As for the perpetrator, a 24yo neuroscience doctoral candidate from San
Diego, that sure fits the stereotype of a conservative, republican,
racist, redneck, gun nut doesn't it?

Gun control originates from democrats, has been forever and still
continues to this day. Talk about racist -- denying blacks of guns.

Look it up!

Funny thing that most of my darker skinned cousins don't know or refuse
to believe, The KKK is a Democrat spawned organization. ^_^

TDD

I rest my case. Even before the klan, Democrats favored and caused
gun control. Blacks were not allowed to arm and defend themselves.

As a young man I was surrounded by Democrats that didn't know stuff.
You grew up during the "Colored Only" times. So did I.

I drained the pond and moved :-|