Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default I heard you guys had a party in Aurora Colorado last night...

"Pete C." wrote in
.com:

Jim Yanik wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
.com:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

A good CHL, knowing s/he is going to a dark place, carries a high
intensity flash light.

And a gas mask? And a ladder to get up high enough to target the
perpetrator over the herds of people trying to escape? And what
about the herds of people trampling the CHL (or Cop)? Face it, it
was a relatively hopeless situation, a theater is essentially fish
in a barrel, and if the perpetrator didn't have a gun and instead
lobbed firebombs or rammed the theater with a stolen semi the
results would be about the same casualty wise.

who says all the people were running around?
Maybe they were all hunkering down,trying to "look small" and hope to
not be noticed by the murderer,or playing dead.

Certainly some were, but all the reports indicate a substantial
stampede of those trying to flee.

that may or may not block an ODC from returning fire.
one could always stand on a seat and be over the fleeing crowd.
Or they could move to where they had a better shot.

I have two CHLs and I'm all for
allowing carry everywhere, but I still think the theater is to a very
large extent a hopeless fish in a barrel scenario. From the latest
reports it's unclear whether the perp actually had armor or just
"tacticool" gear though.

I'm wondering where he got all that armor,groin shield and
armor leggings,etc,AND the money for all the guns and armor,and bomb
materials in his apartment.
A dropout grad student? did he have a job?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik