Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting - New News

On 3/29/2012 4:14 PM, ChairMan wrote:
"gonjah"gonjah.net wrote in message
On 3/29/2012 3:34 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 13:30:59 -0500,
wrote:

Break a nose and no blood on the shirt????
Sure. I've seen it happen. Even some young kid can box his friends in
the driveway.

You can get your nose twisted with a left hook. Watch out for that.

You guys may want to take a clue from Fox News on this one....

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/...cept-fox-news/

...and move on.

They are lying, I've seen it all over Fox, hell, it's even been covered on
Fox business channel.
You might want to find better sources for your news.

I don't usually watch Fox but I did watch it for about 45 min this
afternoon (out of curiosity) and the TM shooting was mentioned once
during an interview with the FL Guv. CNN's coverage was almost 24/7 for
awhile.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:35:29 -0500, G. Morgan
wrote:

I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans,
because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time.
You don't have to fry them again after all. -Mitch Hedberg

If you don't like fried beans the first time, why you would you refry
them?

I miss something?
Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah gonjah.net wrote in
:

wrote:

Break a nose and no blood on the shirt????

Sure. I've seen it happen. Even some young kid can box his friends
in the driveway.

You can get your nose twisted with a left hook. Watch out for that.

You guys may want to take a clue from Fox News on this one....

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/...r-news-outlets
-cover-trayvon-martin-tragedy-except-fox-news/

...and move on.

thinkprogress is a Soros organization,they can't be trusted.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting

Jim Yanik wrote:

Generally,the places where concealed carry is allowed in bars it's
predicated on the person NOT consuming any alcohol.
Not so for restaurants that serve alcohol.

Right. My state tries to distinguish between a bar that serves pickled pig's
feet (carry prohibited) and a restaurant that serves wine (carry permitted).
In those places where carry is permitted, consuming an adult beverage is
likewise permitted.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Norminn wrote:

The Orlando paper had a story about the Sanford neighborhood watch/PD
roles. Not only is NW NOT supposed to carry weapons, they are not
supposed to PATROL. There is an entirely separate group, trained by
PD and driving marked vehicles, who are supposed to patrol under their
program.

And if a member of the community DOES carry a weapon and DOES patrol, even
in a marked vehicle, what're the police to do? Taunt him a second time?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"gonjah" gonjah.net wrote in message
On 3/29/2012 12:35 PM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"gonjah" wrote in message
net...
On 3/29/2012 12:08 PM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"gonjah" wrote in message

The EMT's were first rate considering the guy was beat to within an
inch of his life. Even washed his clothes. Washed his moon walking
jacket too.

YAWN
How stupid !

If you believe Geo. Z you're right.

I don't need to "believe" anyone.
I try to look at what DATA is available, and how the data fits the
various possible scenarios

1) The video image was Black & White, and of poor quality
NO way to really tell the extent of injuries
2) Contusions and lacerations to the back of the head do NOT always
cause profuse bleeding
3) Ditto for the face.
4) Ditto for the nose
5) It is quite easy to clean up someone who has stopped bleeding.
PARTICULARLY when the bleeding was minimal.

The video is at best non-indicative

But thank your for letting me demonstrate YOUR stupidity.

Listen! It's the sound of Attila.Iskander squirming.

That response is the response of a loser realizing it's been bitch-slapped.
Learn to enjoy it, slappy..
It's probably not the first time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:35:01 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

stnet...

"gonjah" wrote in message

[...]

Depends on how the nose is broken
Not all broken noses bleed
Sometimes they bleed so little that people don't even realize it's broken.

Ex EMT - Been there, Done that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:40:19 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:35:01 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

astnet...

[...]

Ok. I guess you should know grin.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Break a nose and no blood on the shirt????
Sure. I've seen it happen. Even some young kid can box his friends in
the driveway.

You can get your nose twisted with a left hook. Watch out for that.
You guys may want to take a clue from Fox News on this one....

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/...cept-fox-news/

...and move on.

They are lying, I've seen it all over Fox, hell, it's even been covered on
Fox business channel.
You might want to find better sources for your news.

I don't usually watch Fox but I did watch it for about 45 min this
afternoon (out of curiosity) and the TM shooting was mentioned once
during an interview with the FL Guv. CNN's coverage was almost 24/7 for
awhile.

Usually I watch CNN tho I now watch a little of Fox News at times
because CNN bores me with too much over analyzing news stores. I bet
they wouldn't like to hear this but that's how I feel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

[...]

A broken nose will "most likely" bleed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

[...]

I thought so too but I'm not going to argue with a EMT or doctor. I'll
just take his word for it.

The other thing I noticed is that zimmerman is getting out of the
police car on his own power and looks comfortable or pain free to me.
I would think the injuries would bother you and I'd think a broken
nose would hinder your breathing to some degree???? Of course I'm
still no authority on this stuff so maybe I'm wrong.

Still not going to draw any conclusions as to who is guilty and I'm
tired of the race card. From my experience I once knew a wannabe
police man and he had a mucho type attitude then. I won't go into
detail about him but my guess is that this incident isn't a race issue
but more of a macho attitude gone wrong.
Posted to alt.home.repair

*wrote:

news:AoudnWthHPCPBOnSnZ2dnUVZ_hidnZ2d@posted. toastnet...
*wrote in message

[...]

He was walking on his feet, not his head. What exactly was
he supposed to do to evidence pain from his injuries?
Ever wath COPS onb TV? There are all kinds of banged
up people put into or taken out of cop cars. Except for
tall ones having difficulty because of their height, or
ones deliberately resisting, they all seem to get in and
out of the car just fine.

Still not going to draw any conclusions as to who is guilty and I'm
tired of the race card. * From my experience I once knew a wannabe
police man and he had a mucho type attitude then. *I won't go into
detail about him but my guess is that this incident isn't a race issue
but more of a macho attitude gone wrong. *- Hide quoted text -

And there you go drawing the conclusions.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Norminn wrote:

The Orlando paper had a story about the Sanford neighborhood watch/PD
roles. Not only is NW NOT supposed to carry weapons, they are not
supposed to PATROL. There is an entirely separate group, trained by
PD and driving marked vehicles, who are supposed to patrol under their
program.

And if a member of the community DOES carry a weapon and DOES patrol, even
in a marked vehicle, what're the police to do? Taunt him a second time?

Farting in his general direction is generally viewed as a violation of
air quality laws.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 29, 5:35*pm, G. Morgan wrote:
Norminn wrote:
Some cops lie...some are racist *******s...

aside

What ****es me off is that cops are allowed to lie and deceive the
suspect during questioning, but if the suspect lies he's guilty of
"obstruction of justice" (even if he had nothing to do with the
crime he's being questioned about).

No need to get upset or feel for the bad guys. The reasoning
is simple. When the cops lie, the motive is to find out the TRUTH,
so that justice can prevail. When the suspect or one of his
cohorts lies, it's to avoid prosecution and justice. Their motive
is corrupt and hence they may be charged with obstruction
of justice.

Don't talk to cops...

If you're a criminal being questioned about your crime, that is
usually good advice. If you're not, then it doesn't apply. In fact,
it could be very bad advice. For example, let's say your
friends BooBoo and Slim pick you up for what you think is
just a ride to a friends house. Along the way, they make a
stop somewhere else, tell you to wait in the car. They go
inside, you hear shots and a few minutes later they run
back to the car. In that case, if you come forward
immediately with your honest story, you will likely
not be charged because
you are innocent. But if the police finally figure out
who all was in that car because they have a witness
and come find you a week later, you could be in a position
that is much harder to defend.

Posted to alt.home.repair

news
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:35:01 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

oastnet...

"gonjah" wrote in message

[...]

Most recent case was a (soccer) teammate of my 12 year old son
Took a clearing shot to the face from less than 6 feet.
Got knocked off his feet.
Jumped up - kept playing for another couple of minutes until his nose
swelled up the size of an orange.
Came off because he couldn't breathe
Ice pack, gentle palpation
You could feel the break under the swelling
Off to the hospital
Break confirmed by X-RAY
Tough guy didn't want pain killer before doctor re-aligned broken parts
Had a HUGE "OW" moment !
According to dad, mom nearly fainted at the sound of her "baby" screaming in
pain
Wanted to do facial reconstruction of doctor with nails
Son interceded that he had declined pain killer

Headline read:
Doctor Saved From Irate Mom By Macho 12 Year-Old .
Details at 6:00 pm.

Oh yeah.
Not enough visible blood to be sent off field by referee following
original contact with ball.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

[...]

sigh
Always funny to have an example of people making an argument and ignoring
the words they use to make it
"most likely" is very different from "will"...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

[...]

There is a complete lack of good data
Zimmerman's dad indicated that there was a lot of data that was not made
public that would eliminate most of the rumors/speculation going around.
That would be typical of any ongoing police investigation, where they will
release tidbits to satisfy the news rats but not give away the game.

I did look at the video of Zimmerman at the Police station too.
The image quality, and the angle of view is not good enough to discern
bruises or lacerations, front or back.
Also remember that bruises and lacerations do not necessarily mean big
purple blob or scratch from eye to chin. They could mean a collection of
very small injuries that would only be visible on close inspection.

So when people expected him to get out of cruiser with bandages and ice
pack, and saw nothing of the sort, it's understandable they immediately
dismissed an reports of injury.
As to bits of grass, since officers are often responsible or keeping their
cruisers clean, some have a real aversion to putting someone grubby, covered
with dirt and grass bits into the car before cleaning them off.

Case in point, I was flying down the NY State Thruway on my motorcycle, from
Montreal to NYC, in the middle of the night, in driving rain doing about 95
when the 55 double-nickel was still in force.
State trooper pulled up next to me, turned on all his lights, including the
inside ones, and just waved at me to slow down.
At under 65 mph , he gave me a thumbs-up and shut down his lights and drove
on.
I'm pretty sure that he was trying to avoid getting a soaking-wet
motorcyclist in the back of his pristine cruiser.
Note:, that he did hide under a bridge will all lights off, about 30 miles
down the road, to see if I stayed at around 60-65. When I passed in front of
him, I blipped my high beams, and he did the same. Which I believe confirmed
my impression.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

CNN has a real problem that they get stuck chewing the same meat for hours
on end
They also need to be "sensational" to keep their audience listening.

Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah gonjah.net wrote in
news

wrote in message

[...]

If you're punched in the nose and you immediately fall down on your
back,blood may not get on your shirt.

some folks clot faster than others,too.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

[...]

I guess you forgot that the police said his nose was bleeding.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:01:26 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

.. .

wrote in message

[...]

That's funny. I made the same drive but going from NYC to Montreal
and got pulled over by a state trooper. Long funny story but he let
me go when I explained.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

Anderson Cooper did a very good job of questioning one of the eye
witnesses yesterday. The witness seemed to contradict Geo Z's father's
account of the story Geo told the father. Of course the father could
have gotten the story wrong or Geo could be lying to make it sound like
he was the victim, which to me, is the most logical conclusion.

The police said Geo's nose was bleeding. The reason so many (of the
doubters) thought it was odd there was no blood on the shirt is they
wanted to see some confirmation of his story. Of course, it is possible,
the nose only bleed a little, but what we're looking for is something to
tie his story together. So far, I'm not finding it.

I have no bias against the police. In general, I've always had a lot of
respect for cops. Maybe too much. From what I gathered, the police
wanted to arrest Geo that night but the prosecutor released him because
of the SYG law.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I think that could be said of all 24/7 news channels.

I enjoyed watching Fox as a change of pace. It's the editorials I don't
care for and that goes for CNN and MSNBC too IMHO. I don't like either
side telling me how I should think.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Mar 30, 11:33*am, gonjah gonjah.net wrote:

Anderson Cooper did a very good job of questioning one of the eye
witnesses yesterday. The witness seemed to contradict Geo Z's father's
account of the story Geo told the father. Of course the father could
have gotten the story wrong or Geo could be lying to make it sound like
he was the victim, which to me, is the most logical conclusion.

Not much of a witness IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoJPIAGdBE4

The police said Geo's nose was bleeding. The reason so many (of the
doubters) thought it was odd there was no blood on the shirt is they
wanted to see some confirmation of his story. Of course, it is possible,
the nose only bleed a little, but what we're looking for is something to
tie his story together. So far, I'm not finding it.

The question that I have that I can't believe people like Nancy Grace
haven't brought up is...If in fact Zimmerman was on his back defending
himself and then shot Martin while he was on top of him, how come no
blood from Martin on Zimmerman's shirt?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 1:33*pm, Ron wrote:
On Mar 30, 11:33*am, gonjah gonjah.net wrote:

Anderson Cooper did a very good job of questioning one of the eye
witnesses yesterday. The witness seemed to contradict Geo Z's father's
account of the story Geo told the father. Of course the father could
have gotten the story wrong or Geo could be lying to make it sound like
he was the victim, which to me, is the most logical conclusion.

Not much of a witness IMO.

And not much of an interviewer either. This witness says he
heard and saw some of the event from his window. Yet, Anderson
Cooper never asks "What did you hear them saying?" Nor
does he ask how far away the witness was when he was
watching through a window at night. Witness says he
heard the beginning of the confrontation, then went away
and later returned to open the window and watch. No answer
as to how long that interval was. The most the witness says
is something like "I went off to do something else". Cooper,
being the great interviewer, doesn't even ask what that
something else was or how long it took.

IMO, the witness is giving mostly opinion, little as to facts
that bring any new information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoJPIAGdBE4

The police said Geo's nose was bleeding. The reason so many (of the
doubters) thought it was odd there was no blood on the shirt is they
wanted to see some confirmation of his story. Of course, it is possible,
the nose only bleed a little, but what we're looking for is something to
tie his story together. So far, I'm not finding it.

The question that I have that I can't believe people like Nancy Grace
haven't brought up is...If in fact Zimmerman was on his back defending
himself and then shot Martin while he was on top of him, how come no
blood from Martin on Zimmerman's shirt?

At least two possibilites:

1 - There is blood. AFAIK, nothing concrete about that has
been released by the police. The police did keep his clothing.

2 - There wasn't much blood, if any, from the entrance wound in
the short amount of time they were still together.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I stopped watching "news" reports a long time ago.
Even before Rather-gate
There are so many other sources that are not under pressure to sell
themselves to the audience for advertising money, that it has made my life
much more pleasant while being better informed too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug wrote:

That's funny. I made the same drive but going from NYC to Montreal
and got pulled over by a state trooper. Long funny story but he let
me go when I explained.

Here's an explanation for you:

Driving down the freeway in my unmarked car at 3:00am, I was passed by a
Pontiac doing at least 100! Wow! In about ten seconds a Houston police
cruiser passed me doing the same speed.

After a mile or so, I saw the cruiser had the Pontiac stopped. I pulled in
behind with my grill lights on. I exited my car just in time to hear on
Houston officer command the Pontiac driver to step out of the vehicle.

This GIANT black man got out of the car. I thought, honest-to-god, he must
be a defensive linebacker for the Houston Oilers.

"Why are you going so fast?" asked one of the Houston cops.

"Pussy, man!" said the driver.

The two Houston cops looked at each other. They both looked at me. I
shrugged. They slowly turned back to the driver. One cop asked: "Say what?"

"Pussy man!" the Pontiac driver repeated. "My old lady called. Said she was
in the mood and for me to get my black ass over to her place!" the driver
explained. He finished up with "...and she ain't in the mood all that often,
officers!"

We three cops looked at each other again. Finally the lead Houston cop said:
"Well, we can't rightly give you a ticket for that. Go on, get outta here,
but take it easy."

" 'preciate it officers," said the Pontiac driver as he left black marks on
the pavement driving away.

We three stood on the side of the freeway for a moment, feeling good that,
in one small way, we made the world a better place.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:28:15 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Doug wrote:

[...]

Wow Well if not better, happier for one couple at least. My
story was competely different and during daylight hours. BTW, I live
in a Houston suburb now so I'll try to remember your story in case I
get pulled over for speeding grin.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - More

"Ron" wrote in message
On Mar 26, 5:47 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

The little snowflake, Trayvon Martin, has some skeletons:

* He was on suspension from school for graffiti, after being found with a
bag of woman's jewelry and burglar tools
* Another suspension for possession of Marijuana
* Another suspension for tardiness and truancy

All of this is, of course, irrelevant to his fatal altercation in a
burglary-ridden sub-division.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...-expected-at-t...

So does Zimmerman.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/bq4c8qj

Interesting article. It appears that he might have been close to losing his
gun because of the domestic violence beef the Sentinel article discusses.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...pagewanted=all

Neither of them appears to be an "angel" which is no surprise to me.
Zimmerman's father nailed it when he said ""George is going to suffer for
years and years," he said." Unfortunately, he or his loved ones could
easily wind up dead as the hunter becomes the hunted. No one comes out a
winner in Sanford. Zimmerman will undoubtedly face a wrongful death civil
suit funded by some very deep pockets.

--
Bobby G.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Further, you are completely wrong in your #3 above. The SYG law

specifically
permits lethal force to defend yourself, irrespective of where you are
located or your (lawful) reason for being there. Presuming you have a

right
to walk down the sidewalk, without regard for your motive in so doing, you
are covered. Specifically, if I follow you, and you don't like it, you own
the problem, not me*.

In the case I just outlined, while my following you may rile your anger,
provocation is not an excuse for you to attack me. And if you DO attack

me,
I will blow your ass away.

It all depends. In Maryland, for instance, if you were on your way to make
the night deposit at the bank's night depository and were being closely
followed, you could easily claim you felt "apprehended danger" and the
person following you could possibly be blown away without legal penalty.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=26851

It's a very sticky issue here. I wouldn't advise anyone that it's OK to
closely follow another person, especially at night. As Zimmerman proved,
that's just asking for trouble.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Green" wrote in message
"Ron" wrote in message
On Mar 26, 5:47 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

[...]

Wonderful place America. I expect the next thing will be that Zimmerman
knew all this before he shot him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You mean like this?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...g.html?hpid=z6
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/1/2012 11:34 AM, harryagain wrote:
"Robert wrote in message
wrote in message

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-20/news/os-trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-20120320_1_robert-zimmerman-domestic-violence-online-petition?pagewanted=all

Neither of them appears to be an "angel" which is no surprise to me.
Zimmerman's father nailed it when he said ""George is going to suffer for
years and years," he said." Unfortunately, he or his loved ones could
easily wind up dead as the hunter becomes the hunted. No one comes out a
winner in Sanford. Zimmerman will undoubtedly face a wrongful death civil
suit funded by some very deep pockets.

Wonderful place America. I expect the next thing will be that Zimmerman
knew all this before he shot him.

This thing stinks like old fish:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-2-experts-say

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Robert Green wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message
On Mar 26, 5:47 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

[...]

Check this out

http://www.flcourts.org/gen_public/f...ce%20Guide.pdf

I think he will be charged with *something*, convicted is another story.

--
Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

gonjah wrote:

This thing stinks like old fish:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-2-experts-say

Yes, it does!

--
Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 14:02:02 -0400, Ron wrote:

This thing stinks like old fish:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-2-experts-say

Yes, it does!

.... and then:

"But he also said he could not confirm the voice as Trayvon's, because
he didn't have a sample of the teen's voice.

So this expert just uses one side of the evidence?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/1/2012 1:40 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 14:02:02 -0400, wrote:

This thing stinks like old fish:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-2-experts-say

Yes, it does!

... and then:

"But he also said he could not confirm the voice as Trayvon's, because
he didn't have a sample of the teen's voice.

So this expert just uses one side of the evidence?

I wonder why the experts aren't using the phone conversation that
Trayvon had with his gf? To me, the scream sounds like a younger man.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 14:00:55 -0400, Ron wrote:

Check this out

http://www.flcourts.org/gen_public/f...ce%20Guide.pdf

I think he will be charged with *something*, convicted is another story.

No matter what an investigation show, Florida authorities are under a
lot of pressure from assorted protest groups. They may charge him
just to appease them. I would hope they still go by facts of the case
though, not political pressure.

We had a shooting! harry Home Repair 22 October 11th 11 02:29 AM
Machine Thread to Wood Thread Dowel Screw Fred UK diy 6 August 30th 10 08:46 PM
Another 4-start thread question - 1/4" internal thread SJ Metalworking 5 April 19th 06 07:53 AM
Questions regarding thread diameter and pitch for special design case with limited thread length John2005 Metalworking 14 January 21st 06 04:28 AM