Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default The OT - New thread on Florida shooting - New News

Oren wrote in
:

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:03:35 -0500, Michael Dobony
wrote:

The
victim shot his assailants and one was paralyzed. In a civil case the
mugger won, claiming he can't work because of the victim's response to
his assault.

There should've been a law like SYG in Florida. Immunity from any
civil liability.

I don't think Bernie had a license for his gun.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Apr 2012 00:20:50 GMT, Han wrote:

Oren wrote in news:uciuo7d6kfmq3njpe4akf59reblsis50d6@
4ax.com:

On 18 Apr 2012 16:41:14 GMT, Han wrote:

Please, no guns in the subways and buses of NYC, except for
well-trained professionals.

Almost right. Issue a gun to each passenger when they board the
train. Collect the guns when the passenger disembarks the train.

Cuts down on all the havoc, so people are treated "fair".

Have you ever tried to get something from a native New Yorker what he
really didn't want to give up?

No. One day I was the tallest man in Chinatown, carrying a knife in my
pocket. Everybody should visit NYC, once. then go back home and enjoy
a good life.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/18/2012 7:19 PM, Han wrote:
The Daring wrote in news:jmng2g$kr6$1
@dont-email.me:

From what I've heard, well trained professionals are more prone to
shoot innocent bystanders than citizens with a concealed carry license.
Figure that one out. o_O

That sounds like a contradiction. If they are indeed well-trained
professionals, then they should be better than or equivalent to citizens
with conceiled carry licenses, obviously given equivalent conditions.
Maybe (no, surely) some well-trained professionals need more training.

Time and time again I've read of police firing multiple rounds into
someone then "OOPS! That wasn't a gun, it was his wallet. Darn! This
means We'll be working late filling out paperwork!" o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Apr 2012 00:22:21 GMT, Han wrote:

Oren wrote in
:

wrote:

The
victim shot his assailants and one was paralyzed. In a civil case the
mugger won, claiming he can't work because of the victim's response to
his assault.

There should've been a law like SYG in Florida. Immunity from any
civil liability.

I don't think Bernie had a license for his gun.

Oh well. The state prevented a permit?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Han" wrote in message
The Daring Dufas wrote in news:jmng2g$kr6$1
@dont-email.me:

From what I've heard, well trained professionals are more prone to
shoot innocent bystanders than citizens with a concealed carry license.
Figure that one out. o_O

That sounds like a contradiction. If they are indeed well-trained
professionals, then they should be better than or equivalent to citizens
with conceiled carry licenses, obviously given equivalent conditions.
Maybe (no, surely) some well-trained professionals need more training.

Many police departments had to build their own ranges, because local ranges
did NOT want to have the police shooting there.
At some ranges, when the police show up, the serious gunners pack up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Han" wrote in message
Oren wrote in
:

wrote:

The
victim shot his assailants and one was paralyzed. In a civil case the
mugger won, claiming he can't work because of the victim's response to
his assault.

There should've been a law like SYG in Florida. Immunity from any
civil liability.

I don't think Bernie had a license for his gun.

Getting a license to carry in NYC, requires EXTREMELY GOOD political
contacts.
Otherwise, even owning a gun is a problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:41:11 -0700, Oren wrote:

On 19 Apr 2012 00:20:50 GMT, Han wrote:

Oren wrote in news:uciuo7d6kfmq3njpe4akf59reblsis50d6@
4ax.com:

On 18 Apr 2012 16:41:14 GMT, Han wrote:

Please, no guns in the subways and buses of NYC, except for
well-trained professionals.

Almost right. Issue a gun to each passenger when they board the
train. Collect the guns when the passenger disembarks the train.

Cuts down on all the havoc, so people are treated "fair".

Have you ever tried to get something from a native New Yorker what he
really didn't want to give up?

No. One day I was the tallest man in Chinatown, carrying a knife in my
pocket. Everybody should visit NYC, once. then go back home and enjoy
a good life.

Amen to that! NYC sucks. The entire NE sucks, but NYC is where it's sucking
to.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Only the law abiding follow laws. If you make it illegal to carry guns, then
only the criminals will be armed. Having law abiding citizens armed, helps
keep the criminals under control.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 4/18/2012 11:41 AM, Han wrote:

Nonsense. Yes, Bernie's assailants got what they deserved, but given the
crime rate in the NYC subway system (rather low since the crackdown on
petty criminals/harassers) it would have happened more often since and
before Bernie, if it was effective. OTOH, given how crowded the subways
are, shootings inside cars would really create tremendous collateral
damage. Please, no guns in the subways and buses of NYC, except for
well-trained professionals.

From what I've heard, well trained professionals are more prone to
shoot innocent bystanders than citizens with a concealed carry license.
Figure that one out. o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've heard of very few cases of law abiding citizens with privately owned
arms, making mistakes like the cops do.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

That sounds like a contradiction. If they are indeed well-trained
professionals, then they should be better than or equivalent to citizens
with conceiled carry licenses, obviously given equivalent conditions.
Maybe (no, surely) some well-trained professionals need more training.

Time and time again I've read of police firing multiple rounds into
someone then "OOPS! That wasn't a gun, it was his wallet. Darn! This
means We'll be working late filling out paperwork!" o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Only the law abiding follow laws. If you make it illegal to carry
guns, then only the criminals will be armed. Having law abiding
citizens armed, helps keep the criminals under control.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/egim4...gallerycontent

Safer "cities" according to this ranking I would consider more like wealthy
suburbs or minor cities. Plano, TX is not a major metropolitan area.

Oh, yes, it is illegal to carry a gun without a license in NYC, or almost
anywhere in the NE.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Oren wrote in news:ignuo7dsmmdlin5gcmuf399h42196dbn0e@
4ax.com:

On 19 Apr 2012 00:20:50 GMT, Han wrote:

Oren wrote in news:uciuo7d6kfmq3njpe4akf59reblsis50d6@
4ax.com:

On 18 Apr 2012 16:41:14 GMT, Han wrote:

Please, no guns in the subways and buses of NYC, except for
well-trained professionals.

Almost right. Issue a gun to each passenger when they board the
train. Collect the guns when the passenger disembarks the train.

Cuts down on all the havoc, so people are treated "fair".

Have you ever tried to get something from a native New Yorker what he
really didn't want to give up?

No. One day I was the tallest man in Chinatown, carrying a knife in my
pocket. Everybody should visit NYC, once. then go back home and enjoy
a good life.

See my reply to Stormy.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

" wrote in
:

[...]

See my reply to Stormy

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Oren wrote in
:

On 19 Apr 2012 00:22:21 GMT, Han wrote:

Oren wrote in
m:

wrote:

The
victim shot his assailants and one was paralyzed. In a civil case
the mugger won, claiming he can't work because of the victim's
response to his assault.

There should've been a law like SYG in Florida. Immunity from any
civil liability.

I don't think Bernie had a license for his gun.

Oh well. The state prevented a permit?

Whether or not you agree with Bernie, he did violate the local law.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"Attila.Iskander" wrote in news:jmnpfp$8sf$2
@dont-email.me:

"Han" wrote in message
Oren wrote in
:

wrote:

The
victim shot his assailants and one was paralyzed. In a civil case the
mugger won, claiming he can't work because of the victim's response

his assault.

There should've been a law like SYG in Florida. Immunity from any
civil liability.

I don't think Bernie had a license for his gun.

Getting a license to carry in NYC, requires EXTREMELY GOOD political
contacts.
Otherwise, even owning a gun is a problem.

NYC is the safest major metropolitan area
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/egim4...gallerycontent

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Apr 2012 12:27:13 GMT, Han wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
m:

Only the law abiding follow laws. If you make it illegal to carry
guns, then only the criminals will be armed. Having law abiding
citizens armed, helps keep the criminals under control.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/egim4...gallerycontent

Safer "cities" according to this ranking I would consider more like wealthy
suburbs or minor cities. Plano, TX is not a major metropolitan area.

Is Houston a major city? How about Dallas? Atlanta?

Oh, yes, it is illegal to carry a gun without a license in NYC, or almost
anywhere in the NE.

Your argument is nonsensical (as usual).

Vermont is the obvious exception. Note that there are only three states where
it's legal to carry a gun without a license but there are a lot more where
it's the governments duty to issue a license to anyone meeting minimal
requirements.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Apr 2012 12:29:24 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

[...]

I did. Complete nonsense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Apr 2012 12:30:53 GMT, Han wrote:

Oren wrote in
:

wrote:

The
victim shot his assailants and one was paralyzed. In a civil case
the mugger won, claiming he can't work because of the victim's
response to his assault.

There should've been a law like SYG in Florida. Immunity from any
civil liability.

I don't think Bernie had a license for his gun.

Oh well. The state prevented a permit?

Whether or not you agree with Bernie, he did violate the local law.

No one argued differently. The point was that those laws do nothing but help
perps and make more victims. You folks like that, though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Han" wrote in message
"Attila.Iskander" wrote in news:jmnpfp$8sf$2
@dont-email.me:

"Han" wrote in message
Oren wrote in
:

wrote:

The
victim shot his assailants and one was paralyzed. In a civil case the
mugger won, claiming he can't work because of the victim's response

his assault.

There should've been a law like SYG in Florida. Immunity from any
civil liability.

I don't think Bernie had a license for his gun.

Getting a license to carry in NYC, requires EXTREMELY GOOD political
contacts.
Otherwise, even owning a gun is a problem.

NYC is the safest major metropolitan area
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/egim4...gallerycontent

That would depend on your definition of "safest"
Having lived on the periphery and worked in the city, I disagree with you

And yet it doesn't even rank in the top 100
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nei.../top100safest/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

" wrote in
:

On 19 Apr 2012 12:27:13 GMT, Han wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Only the law abiding follow laws. If you make it illegal to carry
guns, then only the criminals will be armed. Having law abiding
citizens armed, helps keep the criminals under control.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/egim4.../#galleryconte
nt

Safer "cities" according to this ranking I would consider more like
wealthy suburbs or minor cities. Plano, TX is not a major
metropolitan area.

Is Houston a major city? How about Dallas? Atlanta?

In the Forbes listing mentioned:
1 Plano, TX
2 Henderson, NV
3 Honolulu, HI
4 Santa Ana, CA
5 Lincoln, NE
6 San Jose, CA
7 Mesa, AZ
8 Colorado Springs, CO
9 Aurora, CO
10 New York, NY

Dallas and Atlanta are notoriously less safe than New York.

Oh, yes, it is illegal to carry a gun without a license in NYC, or
almost anywhere in the NE.

Your argument is nonsensical (as usual).

Vermont is the obvious exception. Note that there are only three
states where it's legal to carry a gun without a license but there are
a lot more where it's the governments duty to issue a license to
anyone meeting minimal requirements.

I said almost anywhere, and indeed, the mostly rural state of Vermont is
an exception. I didn't think, though, that you'd like anything coming
from the state of Vermont, which has Bernie Sanders and Patrick Leahy as
Senators ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

On 4/19/2012 7:30 AM, Han wrote:
The Daring wrote in
:

On 18 Apr 2012 16:41:14 GMT, wrote:

Please, no guns in the subways and buses of NYC, except for
well-trained professionals.

Almost right. Issue a gun to each passenger when they board the
train. Collect the guns when the passenger disembarks the
train.

Cuts down on all the havoc, so people are treated "fair".

Have you ever tried to get something from a native New Yorker
what he really didn't want to give up?

No. One day I was the tallest man in Chinatown, carrying a knife
in my pocket. Everybody should visit NYC, once. then go back home
and enjoy a good life.

Amen to that! NYC sucks. The entire NE sucks, but NYC is where
it's sucking to.

My late mother was a naturalized Southerner from Brooklyn, she left
after WWII when my dad rescued her from New York. I have lots of
crazy Italian relatives running around the North East. ^_^

TDD

See my reply to Stormy.

You must understand that many of my relatives on that side of the
family are only spoken about in hushed tones if you don't want your
tongue pulled out through your nose. ^_^

TDD

We all have our crosses to bear ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

" wrote in
:

[...]

New York City tourism is alive and well. More and more people still like
to come and live there. I still think it's great to walk around
Manhattan and see how almost every block is unique and interesting.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

" wrote in
:

wrote:

The
victim shot his assailants and one was paralyzed. In a civil case
the mugger won, claiming he can't work because of the victim's
response to his assault.

There should've been a law like SYG in Florida. Immunity from any
civil liability.

I don't think Bernie had a license for his gun.

Oh well. The state prevented a permit?

Whether or not you agree with Bernie, he did violate the local law.

No one argued differently. The point was that those laws do nothing
but help perps and make more victims. You folks like that, though.

See again my list of 10 safest "cities" according to Forbes. I couldn't
easily find statistics that say New York City is NOT among the safest.
As with any city, there are areas that aren't so safe, and as anywhere,
it does no one any good to be a victim of a crime even if it happens in
the safest city.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"Attila.Iskander" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
"Attila.Iskander" wrote in
news:jmnpfp$8sf$2 @dont-email.me:

"Han" wrote in message
Oren wrote in
:

wrote:

The
victim shot his assailants and one was paralyzed. In a civil case
the mugger won, claiming he can't work because of the victim's
response

his assault.

There should've been a law like SYG in Florida. Immunity from any
civil liability.

I don't think Bernie had a license for his gun.

Getting a license to carry in NYC, requires EXTREMELY GOOD political
contacts.
Otherwise, even owning a gun is a problem.

NYC is the safest major metropolitan area
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/egim4...y/#gallerycont
ent

That would depend on your definition of "safest"
Having lived on the periphery and worked in the city, I disagree with
you

And yet it doesn't even rank in the top 100
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nei...rates/top100sa
fest/

Of course if you go looking for small areas of only 25,000 people or so,
you can find many little neighborhoods that are safer than NYC is on
average. I worked in Manhattan for 34 years, living at a 1 to 1 1/2 hr
commuting distance in Queens, nearby Long Island, and New Jersey. I
never really felt unsafe. We moved twice in that time. Once from a
rental that was going condo and which rental units were not well
maintained then. Later we decided to move close to my daughter's to be
able to be closer to our granddaughters.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Apr 2012 18:05:23 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

[...]

Idiot. I lived in VT for fifteen years, and voted against both of those
assholes, several times.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Apr 2012 18:08:56 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

[...]

Of course it is. People love to see the decadence. It's fun to see hookers
get busted in the middle of Times Square (the penalty for not working three
blocks over, where they belong). It great fun to see a cess pool, and then go
home to a normal living. People go to Africa for vacations, too.

More and more people still like
to come and live there. I still think it's great to walk around
Manhattan and see how almost every block is unique and interesting.

Unique nice

What a sewer!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Apr 2012 18:15:32 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On 19 Apr 2012 12:30:53 GMT, Han wrote:

Oren wrote in
:

On 19 Apr 2012 00:22:21 GMT, Han wrote:

Oren wrote in
om:

wrote:

[...]

Check out the facts behind the facts, though. IIRC, you were more likely to
be killed by someone you don't know in NYC than any other city in the US. It's
a sewer, plain and simple. Smells like it, too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Apr 2012 18:05:23 GMT, Han wrote:

2 Henderson, NV

Chuckle. In "Hendertucky" you are more likely to be pulled from the
car by police, while in a diabetic shock, thought to be a drunk at a
red light and stomped in the ground by multiple cops with pairs of
sized 12 boots.

Being a safe minded person, I avoid Las Vegas and "Hendertucky" cops.

They can make your head hurt or shoot you. Crooks don't bother me or
get in my face. They will suffer the wrath of Oren.

Such is mentioned in the _Book of Orenthians_, in the red letters.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

" wrote in
:

[...]

Well, lot of good you did there grin.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

" wrote in
:

[...]

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I believe. Not everything
everywhere can be "nice".

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

" wrote in
:

news:c8huo79hcm596vbqkcgjldrup195oh3opf@4ax. com:

wrote:

[...]

You've been away too long. It got a LOT better since the late 70's.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 20 Apr 2012 00:30:14 GMT, Han wrote:

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I believe. Not everything
everywhere can be "nice".

Be careful in a bar at closing time. Those girls can begin to look
like Cinderella. Go to bed with a 10 and wake up with a 2.

"Who the hell are you?!"

"I don't know today, last night I was the Yellow Rose of Texas!."

close one eye

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 20 Apr 2012 00:31:09 GMT, Han wrote:

Check out the facts behind the facts, though. IIRC, you were more
likely to be killed by someone you don't know in NYC than any other
city in the US. It's a sewer, plain and simple. Smells like it, too.

You've been away too long. It got a LOT better since the late 70's.

The same can be said for Miami, depending who you talk too. I'll never
live there again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

There is a large gap between "nice" and a sewer. You prefer the sewer.
Lefties are like that - go figure.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Living in New Jersey, it's no wonder your olfactory glands are dead.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On 20 Apr 2012 00:30:14 GMT, Han wrote:

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I believe. Not everything
everywhere can be "nice".

Be careful in a bar at closing time. Those girls can begin to look
like Cinderella. Go to bed with a 10 and wake up with a 2.

"Who the hell are you?!"

"I don't know today, last night I was the Yellow Rose of Texas!."

close one eye

The girls all get prettier at closing time... they all begin to look
like movie stars. (g)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 23:08:58 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On 20 Apr 2012 00:30:14 GMT, Han wrote:

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I believe. Not everything
everywhere can be "nice".

Be careful in a bar at closing time. Those girls can begin to look
like Cinderella. Go to bed with a 10 and wake up with a 2.

"Who the hell are you?!"

"I don't know today, last night I was the Yellow Rose of Texas!."

close one eye

The girls all get prettier at closing time... they all begin to look
like movie stars. (g)

Until you wake up in the morning. Then silently chewing your arm off,
so you don't wake the truck driving creature up.

We had a shooting! harry Home Repair 22 October 11th 11 02:29 AM
Machine Thread to Wood Thread Dowel Screw Fred UK diy 6 August 30th 10 08:46 PM
Another 4-start thread question - 1/4" internal thread SJ Metalworking 5 April 19th 06 07:53 AM
Questions regarding thread diameter and pitch for special design case with limited thread length John2005 Metalworking 14 January 21st 06 04:28 AM