Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default The OT - New thread on Florida shooting - New News

" wrote in
news
On 20 Apr 2012 00:31:09 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
m:

On 19 Apr 2012 18:15:32 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
m:

On 19 Apr 2012 12:30:53 GMT, Han wrote:

Oren wrote in
news:itouo7ds7srvf09irjphl7algmv02oi6pt@4ax. com:

On 19 Apr 2012 00:22:21 GMT, Han wrote:

Oren wrote in
news:c8huo79hcm596vbqkcgjldrup195oh3opf@4a x.com:

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:03:35 -0500, Michael Dobony
wrote:

The
victim shot his assailants and one was paralyzed. In a civil
case the mugger won, claiming he can't work because of the
victim's response to his assault.

There should've been a law like SYG in Florida. Immunity from
any civil liability.

I don't think Bernie had a license for his gun.

Oh well. The state prevented a permit?

Whether or not you agree with Bernie, he did violate the local
law.

No one argued differently. The point was that those laws do
nothing but help perps and make more victims. You folks like
that, though.

See again my list of 10 safest "cities" according to Forbes. I
couldn't easily find statistics that say New York City is NOT among
the safest. As with any city, there are areas that aren't so safe,
and as anywhere, it does no one any good to be a victim of a crime
even if it happens in the safest city.

Check out the facts behind the facts, though. IIRC, you were more
likely to be killed by someone you don't know in NYC than any other
city in the US. It's a sewer, plain and simple. Smells like it,
too.

You've been away too long. It got a LOT better since the late 70's.

Living in New Jersey, it's no wonder your olfactory glands are dead.

Right now, it's hayfever time, but I can still smell the flowers here.
Just look around this site. The homes are indeed close together, but
we're right on one of the parks: http://radburn.org That's a footpath
under the overpass.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 19, 6:51*pm, "
wrote:
On 19 Apr 2012 18:08:56 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On 19 Apr 2012 12:29:24 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:41:11 -0700, Oren wrote:

On 19 Apr 2012 00:20:50 GMT, Han wrote:

Oren wrote in
news:uciuo7d6kfmq3njpe4akf59reblsis50d6@ 4ax.com:

On 18 Apr 2012 16:41:14 GMT, Han wrote:

Please, no guns in the subways and buses of NYC, except for
well-trained professionals.

Almost right. *Issue a gun to each passenger when they board the
train. *Collect the guns when the passenger disembarks the train.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 07:04:43 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Apr 19, 6:51*pm, "
wrote:
On 19 Apr 2012 18:08:56 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On 19 Apr 2012 12:29:24 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:41:11 -0700, Oren wrote:

On 19 Apr 2012 00:20:50 GMT, Han wrote:

Oren wrote in
news:uciuo7d6kfmq3njpe4akf59reblsis50d6@ 4ax.com:

On 18 Apr 2012 16:41:14 GMT, Han wrote:

Please, no guns in the subways and buses of NYC, except for
well-trained professionals.

Almost right. *Issue a gun to each passenger when they board the
train. *Collect the guns when the passenger disembarks the train.

Cuts down on all the havoc, so people are treated "fair".

Have you ever tried to get something from a native New Yorker what
he really didn't want to give up?

No. One day I was the tallest man in Chinatown, carrying a knife in
my pocket. Everybody should visit NYC, once. then go back home and
enjoy a good life.

Amen to that! *NYC sucks. *The entire NE sucks, but NYC is where
it's sucking to.

See my reply to Stormy

I did. *Complete nonsense.

New York City tourism is alive and well.

Of course it is. *People love to see the decadence. *It's fun to see hookers
get busted in the middle of Times Square (the penalty for not working three
blocks over, where they belong). *It great fun to see a cess pool, and then go
home to a normal living. *People go to Africa for vacations, too.

More and more people still like
to come and live there. *I still think it's great to walk around
Manhattan and see how almost every block is unique and interesting.

Unique nice

What a sewer!- Hide quoted text -

I think you're stuck in the NYC of 70s. Have you even been
to Times Square in the last 15 years?

Yes. The whores were thick as Louisiana flies. Garbage was rotting on the
curbs. What a sewer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 20 Apr 2012 12:03:10 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
news
On 20 Apr 2012 00:31:09 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On 19 Apr 2012 18:15:32 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
om:

wrote:

[...]

The whole state is a toxic waste dump. I'm always surprised that anything but
lefties grow there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Michael Dobony wrote:

remember the charges in the subway shooting case about a decade
ago? The victim shot his assailants and one was paralyzed. In a
civil case the mugger won, claiming he can't work because of the
victim's response to his assault.

Another good reason for SYG to be universal.

SYG is for criminal cases. Civil cases are won not by point of law,
but many times by stupid jurors being convinced that the law failed.

Some Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine statutes confer immunity for
civil process on the person invoking the defense. That's the case in my
state.

"Sec. 83.001. CIVIL IMMUNITY [AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE]. A defendant who uses
force is immune from civil liability for personal injury or death that
results from the defendant's use of force or deadly force, as applicable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:42:35 -0500, Michael Dobony
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:32:02 -0400, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:03:35 -0500, Michael Dobony
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 18:13:11 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 20:52:30 -0400, "
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 14:52:58 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 16:11:54 -0500, Michael Dobony
wrote:

As I recall witness saw M on top of Z in the general vicinity of Z's
vehicle, NOT stalking M. This puts serious doubts of second degree murder
and strong evidence for self defense. Realistically, the only ones who will
have all the facts are the prosecutors and the defense attorneys. Too many
times one party or the other demands and gets evidence removed from the
courtroom. The press will of course twist the evidence as they did in the
Kobe Bryant and the Duke Lacrosse rape cases.

Z will get two bites of the self defense apple.

1st bite will be at the hearing claiming immunity before the judge.
The judge can toss the case or bind it to trial.

2nd bite is his claim of self defense before the jury.

I read numerous legal minds are shocked or surprised charges were
brought forth in the first place, based on the charging document.

Alan Dershowitz' comments were priceless.

"..."It's a stretch charge," from a Miami attorney. Similar from an
Orlando attorney... ""I don't really think that there's probable cause
to support [second-degree murder] at all," Hornsby said. He said the
charge looks like an attempt to "appease the public" and create
leverage for the state."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-14/news/os-george-zimmerman-2nd-degree-murder-20120414_1_manslaughter-charge-craig-sandhaus-second-degree-murder

No worry, HLN's Nancy Grace is on the case!

remember the charges in the subway shooting case about a decade ago? The
victim shot his assailants and one was paralyzed. In a civil case the
mugger won, claiming he can't work because of the victim's response to his
assault.

Another good reason for SYG to be universal.

SYG is for criminal cases. Civil cases are won not by point of law, but
many times by stupid jurors being convinced that the law failed.

Why do you make such obviously false statements, particularly when the there's
the likes of Google?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 20 Apr 2012 16:08:31 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

news:3u30p7hlonvku0c18brd8b1pjsar5ikqmo@4ax .com:

wrote:

[...]

Bergen County now has a Republican county executive. She is supposedly
"cleaning up" things. Latest (unrelated) news tidbit was that her son was
arrested for drug use.

....and your point would be? Wasn't it AlBore's kid who was arrested for
drugs? How about that nice, mild-mannered, former Presidential candidate John
Edwards? You really are a creep.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

" wrote in
:

news:rn51p7hb8phehriflldk2ulisl8kn5fdlq@4ax. com:

wrote:

[...]

You ARE an asshole is what you want me to say? I won't say the obvious,
it's you who keeps saying denigrating things.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 21 Apr 2012 13:14:26 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Subject change noted.

I won't say the obvious, it's you who keeps saying denigrating things.

You are a "thing"? Ok, I call a spade a ****ing shovel, so? If you insist on
making yourself out to be an idiot, I'll call you on it. It's really that
simple.

We had a shooting! harry Home Repair 22 October 11th 11 02:29 AM
Machine Thread to Wood Thread Dowel Screw Fred UK diy 6 August 30th 10 08:46 PM
Another 4-start thread question - 1/4" internal thread SJ Metalworking 5 April 19th 06 07:53 AM
Questions regarding thread diameter and pitch for special design case with limited thread length John2005 Metalworking 14 January 21st 06 04:28 AM