Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting - New News

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:01:26 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 23:48:12 -0500, gonjah gonjah.net wrote:

On 3/29/2012 11:19 PM, Doug wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:40:19 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

wrote in message
news On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:35:01 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

wrote in message
net...
On 3/29/2012 12:08 PM, Attila.Iskander wrote:
wrote in message

The EMT's were first rate considering the guy was beat to within
an
inch
of his life. Even washed his clothes. Washed his moon walking
jacket
too.
YAWN
How stupid !
If you believe Geo. Z you're right.

I don't need to "believe" anyone.
I try to look at what DATA is available, and how the data fits the
various
possible scenarios

1) The video image was Black& White, and of poor quality
NO way to really tell the extent of injuries
2) Contusions and lacerations to the back of the head do NOT
always
cause
profuse bleeding
3) Ditto for the face.
4) Ditto for the nose
5) It is quite easy to clean up someone who has stopped bleeding.
PARTICULARLY when the bleeding was minimal.

The video is at best non-indicative

But thank your for letting me demonstrate YOUR stupidity.

Break a nose and no blood on the shirt????
Depends on how the nose is broken
Not all broken noses bleed
Sometimes they bleed so little that people don't even realize it's
broken.

Ex EMT - Been there, Done that.

Ok. I guess you should knowgrin.

A broken nose will "most likely" bleed.

I thought so too but I'm not going to argue with a EMT or doctor. I'll
just take his word for it.

The other thing I noticed is that zimmerman is getting out of the
police car on his own power and looks comfortable or pain free to me.
I would think the injuries would bother you and I'd think a broken
nose would hinder your breathing to some degree???? Of course I'm
still no authority on this stuff so maybe I'm wrong.

Still not going to draw any conclusions as to who is guilty and I'm
tired of the race card. From my experience I once knew a wannabe
police man and he had a mucho type attitude then. I won't go into
detail about him but my guess is that this incident isn't a race issue
but more of a macho attitude gone wrong.

There is a complete lack of good data
Zimmerman's dad indicated that there was a lot of data that was not made
public that would eliminate most of the rumors/speculation going around.
That would be typical of any ongoing police investigation, where they will
release tidbits to satisfy the news rats but not give away the game.

I did look at the video of Zimmerman at the Police station too.
The image quality, and the angle of view is not good enough to discern
bruises or lacerations, front or back.
Also remember that bruises and lacerations do not necessarily mean big
purple blob or scratch from eye to chin. They could mean a collection of
very small injuries that would only be visible on close inspection.

So when people expected him to get out of cruiser with bandages and ice
pack, and saw nothing of the sort, it's understandable they immediately
dismissed an reports of injury.
As to bits of grass, since officers are often responsible or keeping their
cruisers clean, some have a real aversion to putting someone grubby, covered
with dirt and grass bits into the car before cleaning them off.

Case in point, I was flying down the NY State Thruway on my motorcycle, from
Montreal to NYC, in the middle of the night, in driving rain doing about 95
when the 55 double-nickel was still in force.
State trooper pulled up next to me, turned on all his lights, including the
inside ones, and just waved at me to slow down.
At under 65 mph , he gave me a thumbs-up and shut down his lights and drove
on.
I'm pretty sure that he was trying to avoid getting a soaking-wet
motorcyclist in the back of his pristine cruiser.
Note:, that he did hide under a bridge will all lights off, about 30 miles
down the road, to see if I stayed at around 60-65. When I passed in front of
him, I blipped my high beams, and he did the same. Which I believe confirmed
my impression.

That's funny. I made the same drive but going from NYC to Montreal
and got pulled over by a state trooper. Long funny story but he let
me go when I explained.