Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting

"HeyBub" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Further, you are completely wrong in your #3 above. The SYG law

specifically
permits lethal force to defend yourself, irrespective of where you are
located or your (lawful) reason for being there. Presuming you have a

right
to walk down the sidewalk, without regard for your motive in so doing, you
are covered. Specifically, if I follow you, and you don't like it, you own
the problem, not me*.

In the case I just outlined, while my following you may rile your anger,
provocation is not an excuse for you to attack me. And if you DO attack

me,
I will blow your ass away.

It all depends. In Maryland, for instance, if you were on your way to make
the night deposit at the bank's night depository and were being closely
followed, you could easily claim you felt "apprehended danger" and the
person following you could possibly be blown away without legal penalty.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=26851

It's a very sticky issue here. I wouldn't advise anyone that it's OK to
closely follow another person, especially at night. As Zimmerman proved,
that's just asking for trouble.

--
Bobby G.