Old January 15th 11, 09:49 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default A good household air freshener / deoderant

With the cold in the winter, the house doesn't get opened much and household
odors accumulate; cooking odors, doggie odors, bathroom odors, etc. I'm
looking for some good suggestions for room deodorizers, air fresheners,
deodorants, candles, or whatever. We have tried some of the grocery store
stuff without being very satisfied. Some put out rather strong and nearly
objectionable odors, almost making things worse.

I'm not saying we stink (smile), we just like a fresh clean smelling house
like one gets in the springtime when doors and windows are open. I know
that's probably not completely possible, but you see what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance for any good ideas.

Bob-tx

Old January 15th 11, 10:10 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Some folks I know like Febreze. Sold in Walmart,
near the other air fresheners. I'd suggest you buy
a can or bottle of each. Try each one for a week,
and settle on what works.

Also visit the auto secton of Walmart. Look for a
blue and white striped can called OZIUM and try
that. Give it a very brief squirt when you get home,
the stuff is very powerful.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

. ..

Old January 15th 11, 11:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Bob-tx wrote:

With the cold in the winter, the house doesn't get opened much and household
odors accumulate; cooking odors, doggie odors, bathroom odors, etc. I'm
looking for some good suggestions for room deodorizers, air fresheners,
deodorants, candles, or whatever. We have tried some of the grocery store
stuff without being very satisfied. Some put out rather strong and nearly
objectionable odors, almost making things worse.

I'm not saying we stink (smile), we just like a fresh clean smelling house
like one gets in the springtime when doors and windows are open. I know
that's probably not completely possible, but you see what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance for any good ideas.

Bob-tx

Search "Heat recovery ventilator".
Old January 15th 11, 11:35 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Bob-tx wrote:
With the cold in the winter, the house doesn't get opened much and household
odors accumulate; cooking odors, doggie odors, bathroom odors, etc. I'm
looking for some good suggestions for room deodorizers, air fresheners,
deodorants, candles, or whatever. We have tried some of the grocery store
stuff without being very satisfied. Some put out rather strong and nearly
objectionable odors, almost making things worse.

I'm not saying we stink (smile), we just like a fresh clean smelling house
like one gets in the springtime when doors and windows are open. I know
that's probably not completely possible, but you see what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance for any good ideas.

Bob-tx

Try to get a heat-exchanger, and improve your ventilation.
Old January 15th 11, 11:54 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob-tx" No Spam no contact wrote in message
. ..
With the cold in the winter, the house doesn't get opened much and
household odors accumulate; cooking odors, doggie odors, bathroom odors,
etc. I'm looking for some good suggestions for room deodorizers, air
fresheners, deodorants, candles, or whatever. We have tried some of the
grocery store stuff without being very satisfied. Some put out rather
strong and nearly objectionable odors, almost making things worse.

I'm not saying we stink (smile), we just like a fresh clean smelling house
like one gets in the springtime when doors and windows are open. I know
that's probably not completely possible, but you see what I'm talking
about.

Thanks in advance for any good ideas.

Bob-tx

1) Is your stove located on an outside wall? Plan on installing a
through-wall fan to the outside when the weather's good for making large
holes in the house.

2) Get rid of the dog. In more highly developed countries, they think we're
weird for keeping outdoor animals in the house. They're right.

Old January 16th 11, 12:05 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Bob-tx wrote:
With the cold in the winter, the house doesn't get opened much and
household odors accumulate; cooking odors, doggie odors, bathroom odors,
etc. I'm looking for some good suggestions for room deodorizers, air
fresheners, deodorants, candles, or whatever. We have tried some of the
grocery store stuff without being very satisfied. Some put out rather
strong and nearly objectionable odors, almost making things worse.

I'm not saying we stink (smile), we just like a fresh clean smelling
house like one gets in the springtime when doors and windows are open.
I know that's probably not completely possible, but you see what I'm
talking about.

Thanks in advance for any good ideas.

Bob-tx

There is a website called Wacky Uses. One of their suggestions is
a bar of Irish Spring soap. Another old trick is baking soda.
Then there is stuff like this: http://tinyurl.com/35d75ra.
Old January 16th 11, 12:12 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 15, 4:49*pm, "Bob-tx" No Spam no contact wrote:
With the cold in the winter, the house doesn't get opened much and household
odors accumulate; cooking odors, doggie odors, bathroom odors, etc. *I'm
looking for some good suggestions for room deodorizers, air fresheners,
deodorants, candles, or whatever. *We have tried some of the grocery store
stuff without being very satisfied. *Some put out rather strong and nearly
objectionable odors, almost making things worse.

I'm not saying we stink (smile), we just like a fresh clean smelling house
like one gets in the springtime when doors and windows are open. *I know
that's probably not completely possible, but you see what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance for any good ideas.

Bob-tx

OZONE GENERATOR. follow directions on device

Jimmie
Old January 16th 11, 01:49 AM posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Jan 15, 3:49*pm, "Bob-tx" No Spam no contact wrote:
With the cold in the winter, the house doesn't get opened much and household
odors accumulate; cooking odors, doggie odors, bathroom odors, etc. *I'm
looking for some good suggestions for room deodorizers, air fresheners,
deodorants, candles, or whatever. *We have tried some of the grocery store
stuff without being very satisfied. *Some put out rather strong and nearly
objectionable odors, almost making things worse.

I'm not saying we stink (smile), we just like a fresh clean smelling house
like one gets in the springtime when doors and windows are open. *I know
that's probably not completely possible, but you see what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance for any good ideas.

Bob-tx

A simmering pot of water with orange peels, whole cloves, and a few
cinnamon sticks. Re-add water as necessary. Real spices smell much
better than artificial scents.

Old January 16th 11, 03:21 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/15/2011 3:49 PM, Bob-tx wrote:
With the cold in the winter, the house doesn't get opened much and
household odors accumulate; cooking odors, doggie odors, bathroom odors,
etc. I'm looking for some good suggestions for room deodorizers, air
fresheners, deodorants, candles, or whatever. We have tried some of the
grocery store stuff without being very satisfied. Some put out rather
strong and nearly objectionable odors, almost making things worse.

I'm not saying we stink (smile), we just like a fresh clean smelling
house like one gets in the springtime when doors and windows are open. I
know that's probably not completely possible, but you see what I'm
talking about.

Thanks in advance for any good ideas.

Bob-tx

Ace odor neutralizer is sold by HVAC supply houses including Johnstone
Supply if there is a branch in your area. The product is in what is like
a small paint can that you pry the lid off. The open can is placed in
the return air of your HVAC system where is helps neutralize odors.

http://www.atlanticchemical.com/product.php?pid=56

I've had good luck with the product in situations where a customer has
foul smelling air from the HVAC system.

TDD
Old January 16th 11, 03:34 AM posted to alt.home.repair

?
"Bob-tx" No Spam no contact wrote in message
. ..
With the cold in the winter, the house doesn't get opened much and
household odors accumulate; cooking odors, doggie odors, bathroom odors,
etc. I'm looking for some good suggestions for room deodorizers, air
fresheners, deodorants, candles, or whatever. We have tried some of the
grocery store stuff without being very satisfied. Some put out rather
strong and nearly objectionable odors, almost making things worse.

I'm not saying we stink (smile), we just like a fresh clean smelling house
like one gets in the springtime when doors and windows are open. I know
that's probably not completely possible, but you see what I'm talking
about.

Thanks in advance for any good ideas.

Bob-tx

There is a spray called "What Odor?" available mail order, Amazon, etc. It
really eliminates the odor, not just cover it up. It does have an odor of
its own for a few minutes, then all odor is gone.

Next would be to consider a dietary change. Less cabbage, beans.

(household) appliances D Yuniskis Electronics Repair 5 October 18th 10 03:12 PM
Household Grease Martin[_2_] UK diy 11 August 19th 07 02:32 PM
Household AC Ventilation bigb Home Repair 1 May 9th 07 05:34 PM
Household recycling Chris Home Ownership 37 January 7th 07 02:19 AM
Household plumbing insurance cover - any good ? [email protected] UK diy 4 January 3rd 07 03:52 PM