Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A good household air freshener / deoderant

On 1/15/2011 3:49 PM, Bob-tx wrote:
With the cold in the winter, the house doesn't get opened much and
household odors accumulate; cooking odors, doggie odors, bathroom odors,
etc. I'm looking for some good suggestions for room deodorizers, air
fresheners, deodorants, candles, or whatever. We have tried some of the
grocery store stuff without being very satisfied. Some put out rather
strong and nearly objectionable odors, almost making things worse.

I'm not saying we stink (smile), we just like a fresh clean smelling
house like one gets in the springtime when doors and windows are open. I
know that's probably not completely possible, but you see what I'm
talking about.

Thanks in advance for any good ideas.

Bob-tx

Ace odor neutralizer is sold by HVAC supply houses including Johnstone
Supply if there is a branch in your area. The product is in what is like
a small paint can that you pry the lid off. The open can is placed in
the return air of your HVAC system where is helps neutralize odors.

http://www.atlanticchemical.com/product.php?pid=56

I've had good luck with the product in situations where a customer has
foul smelling air from the HVAC system.

TDD