Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Surgeons who know how to use concrete saws!

So I'm watching CSI:NY the other night. The CSI's determine that there
is a body buried in a concrete slab at a construction site.

One of the characters is Dr. Sheldon Hawkes. Here's his character bio:
"Hawkes is a Medical Examiner with the NYC Office of the Chief Medical
Examiner (OCME). He was a child prodigy who graduated from college at
eighteen, and by 24 he was a fully board-licensed surgeon."

Guess what? Hawkes is also pretty good with one of these:

http://www.arpielleequipment.com/pro...ges/cc6500.jpg

To extract the body and take it back to the lab, Hawkes gets behind
one of those bad boys and cuts a perfect rectangle around the body.
These CSI guys can do anything!

They take the huge slab back to the lab and Hawkes begins to extract
the body with - ready for this? - a Dremel tool!

I was laughing my arse off.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 7 May 2010 21:25:55 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

So I'm watching CSI:NY the other night. The CSI's determine that there
is a body buried in a concrete slab at a construction site.

One of the characters is Dr. Sheldon Hawkes. Here's his character bio:
"Hawkes is a Medical Examiner with the NYC Office of the Chief Medical
Examiner (OCME). He was a child prodigy who graduated from college at
eighteen, and by 24 he was a fully board-licensed surgeon."

Guess what? Hawkes is also pretty good with one of these:

http://www.arpielleequipment.com/pro...ges/cc6500.jpg

To extract the body and take it back to the lab, Hawkes gets behind
one of those bad boys and cuts a perfect rectangle around the body.
These CSI guys can do anything!

They take the huge slab back to the lab and Hawkes begins to extract
the body with - ready for this? - a Dremel tool!

I was laughing my arse off.

CSI is something else again. That's certainly the best use of a
prodigy, a medical exxaminer. Not.

I've been to the NY Medical Examiner's office btw. It's a whole
building, 5 stories or more plus a couple levels of basement, and
pretty wide on First Avenue around 24th St. I guess they do the exams
for all five boroughs, the whole city, although I'm not sure of that.
I went there to watch an autopsy, but when I saw the guy, and he was
about my age, early 20's, I didn't like the idea so much. Years
earlier I'd seen an hour or two of an autopsy of a an old woman, who
died pretty much from natural causes, and I decided one autopsy was
enough. So I left and came back two hours later for my roommate.
(The earlier autopsy of the old woman, wasn't so bad, because she was
old. One interesting thing is that she smoked, and her lungs were two
colors, sort of pink in the center near the bronchial tubes, and the
outer circle, half the radius, much more than half of the volume, was
dark brown or black, without blood circulation, maybe even dead (I
don't know) but not rotting because it was inside her, because of all
her smoking.

I also had a law course taught by the Acting Chief Medical Examiner of
NYC. In forensic medicine or forensic law or whatever it was called.
How medical things related to the law. It was a pretty good course,
and really interesting, except for three class sessions. At them, he
showed slides of traffic accidents for almost 3 solid hours. About 30
minutes into the first class, I decided that I had already known
traffic accidents were bad and I wasn't learning any more than that
and I left. The next class I left after a minute or so of slides,
and I thought people would follow me, but none did. The third class,
I left after a minute or so, and again no one followed me, and if he
finished the slides and went back to course work, I don't know. I
think I got a decent grade in the class but the whole story would be a
lot better if I had actually graduated law school. I don't know if
the other students were more callous than I was/am, but they seemed to
me to be ready to pay any price to graduate with good grades, and were
afraid to walk out.

Though I still think they were bad for me, for my mental health, to
look at even the first half hour, I actually forgot most of the
pictures pretty quickly. But there is one I stilll remember 40 years
later and though it doesn't make me a safer driver, it still makes me
sick to think of. And while I thought the ACME was a very good guy in
a couple ways, and nothing wrong with him in all the other ways, and I
can see showing a half hour's worth to make us safer drivers, I still
wonder what would drive him to show 3 hours' worth. I think he taught
the same course for one semester every year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 5:25�am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
So I'm watching CSI:NY the other night. The CSI's determine that there
is a body buried in a concrete slab at a construction site.

One of the characters is Dr. Sheldon Hawkes. Here's his character bio:
"Hawkes is a Medical Examiner with the NYC Office of the Chief Medical
Examiner (OCME). He was a child prodigy who graduated from college at
eighteen, and by 24 he was a fully board-licensed surgeon."

Guess what? Hawkes is also pretty good with one of these:

http://www.arpielleequipment.com/pro...ges/cc6500.jpg

To extract the body and take it back to the lab, Hawkes gets behind
one of those bad boys and cuts a perfect rectangle around the body.
These CSI guys can do anything!

They take the huge slab back to the lab and Hawkes begins to extract
the body with - ready for this? - a Dremel tool!

I was laughing my arse off.

We get to see CSI here in the UK too (if you're that simple minded).
It started off fairly serious and realistic. However it has long
descended into typical America ********. I haven't watched it in
years.
Personally I think it should be banned, it twists the brains of the
stupid and credulous, especially all the inane violence.
Anyone who has visited America knows it's ******** within five
minutes, there are no fat ugly gits on CSI. 90% of Americans are fat
and/or ugly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 8:59�am, harry wrote:
[...]

and/or ugly.- Hide quoted text -

NB, I found that whining, skinny blonde especially irritating. If she
ever gets killed I will watch. I hope she dies a horrible death, she
deserves it. Concrete would be good. Or alligators. Pity it will
only be fictional.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
[...]

You may be correct about the fat and ugly part, darn those
English ancestors! We Americans know that TV and movies are
make believe, even most of mainstream Liberal news is faux.
I do like The BBC news programs, especially when they show
the harvesting of the spaghetti crop. Here in the U.S. we
have these things known as a channel selector on our TV sets,
perhaps UK sets lack them. I'm from The Southern part of the
country where we...... oh damn, I almost forgot, me and the
boys got a lynching to do this morning, gotta hurry. Y'all
come visit us, ya hear!

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On May 8, 8:59�am, harry wrote:
[...]

Are all you Limeys violent, vitriolic smeg heads?

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Be sure to stock an extra case of beer in the back of your
monster gas guzzling truck (with the air conditioning).
While you go mud running, and have an open pit barbecue
after the lynching. Burning plenty of charcoal, so you can
have a BIG carbon foot print.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
in message ...

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
So I'm watching CSI:NY the other night. The CSI's determine that there
is a body buried in a concrete slab at a construction site.

One of the characters is Dr. Sheldon Hawkes. Here's his character bio:
"Hawkes is a Medical Examiner with the NYC Office of the Chief Medical
Examiner (OCME). He was a child prodigy who graduated from college at
eighteen, and by 24 he was a fully board-licensed surgeon."

Guess what? Hawkes is also pretty good with one of these:

http://www.arpielleequipment.com/pro...ges/cc6500.jpg

To extract the body and take it back to the lab, Hawkes gets behind
one of those bad boys and cuts a perfect rectangle around the body.
These CSI guys can do anything!

They take the huge slab back to the lab and Hawkes begins to extract
the body with - ready for this? - a Dremel tool!

I was laughing my arse off.

When that show was new they actually used real professionals input and
advice to make it realistic. That didn't last long.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 2:47�pm, Tony wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

advice to make it realistic. �That didn't last long.- Hide quoted text -

Ah so that's the reason!
I have to say that during my visit to America (I visited an internet
friend in Iowa) everyone was very kind and generous towards me.
It was explained to me however that this would be true in the South
but folks on the East and West coasts were nasty. Is this in general
correct?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2010 3:59 AM, harry wrote:

We get to see CSI here in the UK too (if you're that simple minded).
It started off fairly serious and realistic. However it has long
descended into typical America ********. I haven't watched it in
years.
Personally I think it should be banned, it twists the brains of the
stupid and credulous, especially all the inane violence.

So you're in favor of banning entertainment that's fictional! OK, let's start
with performances of Shakespeare. Maybe you'd be more comfortable moving to
Afghanistan, where you could settle among the Taliban - who ban all music,
dancing, and images.

Anyone who has visited America knows it's ******** within five
minutes, there are no fat ugly gits on CSI. 90% of Americans are fat
and/or ugly.

And the Brits have such wonderful teeth!

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

harry wrote:

I have to say that during my visit to America (I visited an internet
friend in Iowa) everyone was very kind and generous towards me.
It was explained to me however that this would be true in the South
but folks on the East and West coasts were nasty. Is this in general
correct?

No, not really...Americans are as a general rule, quite open and
friendly to everybody all across the country.

However, there are degrees and regional differences that lead to the
stereotypical responses such as the above. Large city dwellers in
general (who are concentrated on the coasts, true) tend to be more
insular simply owing to the fact they're surrounded by millions of
people in close quarters routinely. That's no different in the US than
anywhere else in the world afaict.

Things do tend to move a little slower in the south and midwest than the
NE and "more casual" perhaps wouldn't be a bad way to describe the west
as compared to the east coasts metro areas.

"Amurricans" simply love the Brit and/or Aussie accent; it'll draw an
admiring crowd most anywhere. The more dropped aitches the better...
(Think of 'Enery 'Iggins or "the rain in Spain" for starters)

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

DerbyDad03 wrote:

eighteen, and by 24 he was a fully board-licensed surgeon."

Guess what? Hawkes is also pretty good with one of these:

http://www.arpielleequipment.com/pro...ges/cc6500.jpg

To extract the body and take it back to the lab, Hawkes gets behind
one of those bad boys and cuts a perfect rectangle around the body.
These CSI guys can do anything!

Of course....he simply took prior training in opening the chest cavity
for heart surgery to the task...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 11:43�am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
harry wrote:
[...]

TDD- Hide quoted text -

During my visit to Iowa, (not much geography there but nice folks) as
I was staying in a private house I got to experience American
culture. It was more interesting than I expected.
Who exactly are you going to lynch? (I have not experienced a
lynching)
Will it be a black person or a democrat?
Will members of the KKK be in attendance?
Are you a member of the KKK?

I have not seen a lynching though I have seen gunfights, also fights
with other weapons. This was not in America however.
I have to tell you spaghetti is not grown in the UK :-) We do
however hunt foxes and haggis though the former is now illegal.

99.99% of the population understands CSI is fiction, however a small
proportion of the population has their brain warped by watching such
crap. These are the ones that goes on to perpetrate various nasty
crimes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 3:27�pm, Peter wrote:
On 5/8/2010 3:59 AM, harry wrote:

We get to see CSI here in the UK too (if you're that simple minded).
It started off fairly serious and realistic. �However it has long
descended into typical America ********. �I haven't watched it in
years.
Personally I think it should be banned, it twists the brains of the
stupid and credulous, especially all the inane violence.

So you're in favor of banning entertainment that's fictional! �OK, let's start
with performances of Shakespeare. �Maybe you'd be more comfortable moving to
Afghanistan, where you could settle among the Taliban - who ban all music,
dancing, and images.

Anyone who has visited America knows it's ******** within five
minutes, there are no fat ugly gits on CSI. �90% of Americans are fat
and/or ugly.

And the Brits have such wonderful teeth!

True, all our dental care is free. My teeth are perfect.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , harry wrote:

I have to say that during my visit to America (I visited an internet
friend in Iowa) everyone was very kind and generous towards me.
It was explained to me however that this would be true in the South
but folks on the East and West coasts were nasty. Is this in general
correct?

No. Americans are in general kind and generous. More so in rural areas
and small towns. Somewhat less so in large cities.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 3:27�pm, Peter wrote:
On 5/8/2010 3:59 AM, harry wrote:

We get to see CSI here in the UK too (if you're that simple minded).
It started off fairly serious and realistic. �However it has long
descended into typical America ********. �I haven't watched it in
years.
Personally I think it should be banned, it twists the brains of the
stupid and credulous, especially all the inane violence.

So you're in favor of banning entertainment that's fictional! �OK, let's start
with performances of Shakespeare. �Maybe you'd be more comfortable moving to
Afghanistan, where you could settle among the Taliban - who ban all music,
dancing, and images.

Anyone who has visited America knows it's ******** within five
minutes, there are no fat ugly gits on CSI. �90% of Americans are fat
and/or ugly.

And the Brits have such wonderful teeth!

Shakespeare had talent. There are virtually no talented TV directors/
producers/writers. The talented ones work for the cinema industry.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 3:37�pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , harry wrote:

I have to say that during my visit to America (I visited an internet
friend in Iowa) everyone was very kind and generous towards me.
It was explained to me however that this would be true in the South
but folks on the East and West coasts were nasty. � Is this in general
correct?

No. Americans are in general kind and generous. More so in rural areas
and small towns. Somewhat less so in large cities.

We have some real nasty people in London. There exists a stereotype
of American tourists over here. They in general travel in small
frightened groups. There is some truth in this but not entirely so.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 11:46�am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 8, 8:59 am, harry wrote:
[...]

Smeg?????????????????
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2010 10:22 AM, harry wrote:

I have to say that during my visit to America (I visited an internet
friend in Iowa) everyone was very kind and generous towards me.
It was explained to me however that this would be true in the South
but folks on the East and West coasts were nasty. Is this in general
correct?

Cultural misperceptions abound! If your definition of "nasty" is a tendency to
be hurried and direct (blunt), then you could say, "yes". However, you can't
stereotype behaviors and/or attitudes in a highly multi-cultural, mobile society.

I lived all my life on the East coast, except for 2 years when I lived in the
mid-West in the mid-1960s. I found the mid-Westerners to be highly intolerant
of outsiders, highly defensive of their own way of life (although very quick to
voluteer that they had never traveled out of the state because "why should I;
this is the greatest place in the world!"), and having cultural values that were
at least 30 years behind most of the rest of the US (strongly prejudiced against
women, non-white skinned people, Catholics, Jews, intellectuals, anyone with
political opinions to the left of Attila the Hun).

I grew up in a major urban East coast city that felt as though it were a
miniature United Nations. Multiple accents, cooking smells, ethnic restaurants,
houses of worship, etc. bred tolerance and intellectual curiosity. Fast pace of
life, work fast, get out of work fast, play fast, talk fast, eat fast, etc. But
the citizens tend to be engaged and knowledgeable about issues pertaining to the
entire world - local, regional, national, and international. Nasty! The
nastiest people I ever met were in the mid-West.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2010 10:39 AM, harry wrote:
On May 8, 3:27�pm, wrote:
On 5/8/2010 3:59 AM, harry wrote:

[...]

Obviously you've never seen "The Sopranos", "Six Feet Under", "The Wire",
"Damages", "Nurse Jackie", or other television programs that have been produced
within the past decade. You are generalizing to an extreme. It is too facile
to select the worst examples in a society and use those examples as fully
representative.

For the record, I agree with you that the majority of what passes as popular
culture in the US today is dross. However, I can find more high quality
cultural creations than I have either time or money to enjoy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Peter wrote:
I grew up in a major urban East coast city that felt as though it were a
miniature United Nations. Multiple accents, cooking smells, ethnic
restaurants, houses of worship, etc. bred tolerance and intellectual
curiosity. Fast pace of life, work fast, get out of work fast, play
fast, talk fast, eat fast, etc.

When I spoke on the phone to internet friends in the UK and in Holland,
they both told me I didn't sound like they thought I would. They seem
to believe we all are fast talking city dwellers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 3:31�pm, dpb wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

When I was in Des Moines I got to do some volunteer work in a vets
hospital. (Pushing wheelchairs round &c.) The most interesting
Americans I met were working in the hospitals as volunteers (even
though they were republicans to a man.). Lots of people were
fascinated that a "Limey" was doing a bit of volunteer work in a vets
hospital.
They even gave me an enitrely undeserved medal for a half-days work.
Everybody had guns. My internet friend had a machine gun and lots of
handguns in the basement.
Also a Mexican themed bar. Everyone had a bar in the basement.
Strange.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On May 8, 2:47�pm, Tony wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

No, I don't think so. I think most of it depends on what part of your
country you come from and where in the US you visit as to how you will
perceive others.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 3:51�pm, Tony wrote:
Peter wrote:
I grew up in a major urban East coast city that felt as though it were a
miniature United Nations. �Multiple accents, cooking smells, ethnic
restaurants, houses of worship, etc. bred tolerance and intellectual
curiosity. �Fast pace of life, work fast, get out of work fast, play
fast, talk fast, eat fast, etc.

When I spoke on the phone to internet friends in the UK and in Holland,
they both told me I didn't sound like they thought I would. �They seem
to believe we all are fast talking city dwellers.

The trouble is, you send all this crap out into the world and people
take it as face value.
I think the most surprising thing to me was the poverty I saw in my
travels. And how no-one cares about it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 8, 8:59 am, harry wrote:
[...]

I read that and wondered if it has to do with "smegma".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/smegma

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 3:51�pm, Tony wrote:
Peter wrote:
I grew up in a major urban East coast city that felt as though it were a
miniature United Nations. �Multiple accents, cooking smells, ethnic
restaurants, houses of worship, etc. bred tolerance and intellectual
curiosity. �Fast pace of life, work fast, get out of work fast, play
fast, talk fast, eat fast, etc.

When I spoke on the phone to internet friends in the UK and in Holland,
they both told me I didn't sound like they thought I would. �They seem
to believe we all are fast talking city dwellers.

BTW forget the phone, use Skype, I do, it's free. I skype lots of
people in America.
In the UK we tend to think of Americans as rich, however it was
surprising to me how many are of modest means. I traveled around on
the buses, interesting who you can meet.
Never got to go to a religious nut festival, that would be
interesting. (Holy rollers???)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 8, 8:59 am, harry wrote:
[...]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/smegma- Hide quoted text -

I expect you're right. Never heard of it 'til now. Must be an
Americanism.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2010 10:58 AM, harry wrote:
On May 8, 3:51�pm, wrote:
Peter wrote:
I grew up in a major urban East coast city that felt as though it were a
miniature United Nations. �Multiple accents, cooking smells, ethnic
restaurants, houses of worship, etc. bred tolerance and intellectual
curiosity. �Fast pace of life, work fast, get out of work fast, play
fast, talk fast, eat fast, etc.

When I spoke on the phone to internet friends in the UK and in Holland,
they both told me I didn't sound like they thought I would. �They seem
to believe we all are fast talking city dwellers.

The trouble is, you send all this crap out into the world and people
take it as face value.
I think the most surprising thing to me was the poverty I saw in my
travels. And how no-one cares about it.

It goes along with the fact that you were among predominantly Republicans. The
term "social Darwinism" may be not politically correct and obsolete, but it is a
fairly accurate description of the Republican philosophy that everyone must be
responsible for their own circumstances and that the only real role for
government is national security. Unfortunately, the days of the large middle
class in the US are behind us. We are transforming into a nation that is more
typical of underdeveloped countries - a huge lower class and a plutocratic
wealthy minority. Visit the locales where you have been told people are "nasty"
and you will see much more social consciousness - although often not enough.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On May 8, 5:25�am, wrote:
[...]

We had a guy murdered on the perimeter of our companies buildings. Our
security was in viewing the video with two homicide detectives when one
of them asked the security person to freeze that frame, zoom in on the
truck license plate and then clear up the pixels so they can get the
plate number. After a short pause and lots of confused looks the cop
replied "Sorry, just a joke we have at the office).

I used to like CSI Los Vegas until this last season, now it seams to
have morphed into the same crap as the other ones.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 3:27 pm, �wrote:
On 5/8/2010 3:59 AM, harry wrote:

[...]

Never heard of them, tell me more! You mean to tell me there's worse
to come? Is that even possible?
We can only go on what you send us over!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2010 11:05 AM, harry wrote:
On May 8, 4:01�pm, wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 8, 11:46 am, The Daring
wrote:
harry wrote:

Are all you Limeys violent, vitriolic smeg heads?

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Smeg?????????????????

I read that and wondered if it has to do with "smegma".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/smegma- Hide quoted text -

I expect you're right. Never heard of it 'til now. Must be an
Americanism.

Only among those who use immature insults as a substitute for reasoned thoughts.
It is not a commonly used expression.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 3:51 pm, �wrote:
Peter wrote:
[...]

and you will see much more social consciousness - although often not enough.- Hide quoted text -

Hah! Interesting. I am now retired but once worked for the NHS as an
engineer. They [Iowans] were all totally bonkers about "socialized
medicine" even though they were recipients of it at the vets
hospital.
My republican friend still bombards me with "taking-the-****-out-of-
democrats email propaganda. Very witty a lot of it is. Incredible.
But I think he believes it all. Must take hours to think up and
compile.
He is supposed to be coming to visit me but he is afraid to come I
think. I have promised him a real good time. I live in the centre of
the UK, anywhere is within reach but he is afraid. And us a gunless
society!
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On May 8, 3:31�pm, dpb wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

LOL! Yes the bar in the basement is almost standard these days. They
say it has to do with stricter drunk driving laws, but I think most of
them just make it easier to drink more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2010 11:19 AM, Tony wrote:

LOL! Yes the bar in the basement is almost standard these days. They say
it has to do with stricter drunk driving laws, but I think most of them
just make it easier to drink more.

And we all know that it is a lot safer trying to walk up the stairs when drunk
than down the stairs! The only problem with my theory is that in a lot of these
"yee-haw" communities, the soil is hard clay and the houses are built on
concrete slabs - no basements. When the tornado sirens sound, I used to watch
my neighbors wobble out to the storm shelters, with a bottle in one hand and an
ice filled glass in the other.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 May 2010 07:22:12 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

On May 8, 2:47?pm, Tony wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

The South and Midwest are generally friendly, the West more indifferent than
nasty, the Northeast is decidedly nasty. Liberals (A.K.A. progressives) are
nasty people.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 4:24�pm, Peter wrote:
On 5/8/2010 11:19 AM, Tony wrote:

LOL! Yes the bar in the basement is almost standard these days. They say
it has to do with stricter drunk driving laws, but I think most of them
just make it easier to drink more.

And we all know that it is a lot safer trying to walk up the stairs when drunk
than down the stairs! �The only problem with my theory is that in a lot of these
"yee-haw" communities, the soil is hard clay and the houses are built on
concrete slabs - no basements. �When the tornado sirens sound, I used to watch
my neighbors wobble out to the storm shelters, with a bottle in one hand and an
ice filled glass in the other.

Gotta pass the time somehow I suppose. In Des Moines we went around
all the nieghbour's bars in the evenings. (It's toosday, muss be the
day we go to Henk's place) Heh! Heh! Miller light and Sol beer.
In the days we rode down the ruler straight, level highways on my
friends Harley. (At 65mph!!!!) It would frighten the **** out of him,
motorcycling our highways with hills, bends adverse camber etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2010 11:25 AM, harry wrote:

We have only a limited cable network over here. The BBC used to
provide high quality drama and wildlife films but it's all going to
the dogs. They'd sooner spend theri money on high salaries for
scumbag celebrities and CEOs. I now have a stellite dish so I can get
foreign programmes. Some of it is a lot better than ours. Esp.
news. There are some US news channels but they are as crap as ours,
maybe worse. The best is Aljazeera and France24. Both in English.

My wife and I watch a lot of BBC and other British TV produced mystery and drama
series on our public broadcasting stations. We especially love "A Touch of
Frost", "Midsomer Murders", "The Vicar of Dibley", "Rebus", "Love for Lyndia"
and of course the great "Upstairs, Downstairs" and "As Time Goes By" and
everything and anything with Dame Judie Dench! I am forgetting many more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 2:47?pm, Tony wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

nasty people.- Hide quoted text -

I never got to meet a liberal. And they were first to adopt Obama in
Iowa!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Peter wrote:
On 5/8/2010 11:19 AM, Tony wrote:

LOL! Yes the bar in the basement is almost standard these days. They say
it has to do with stricter drunk driving laws, but I think most of them
just make it easier to drink more.

And we all know that it is a lot safer trying to walk up the stairs when
drunk than down the stairs! The only problem with my theory is that in
a lot of these "yee-haw" communities, the soil is hard clay and the
houses are built on concrete slabs - no basements. When the tornado
sirens sound, I used to watch my neighbors wobble out to the storm
shelters, with a bottle in one hand and an ice filled glass in the other.

You got it again. A while ago where one brother lives in FL they were
having brush fires and most people evacuated. The die hards that stayed
were all having parties. At one point all the liquor stores within so
many miles were doing better than ever business until they were forced
to close. When they ran out of booze the die hards evacuated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2010 11:31 AM, harry wrote:
In Des Moines we went around
all the nieghbour's bars in the evenings. (It's toosday, muss be the
day we go to Henk's place) Heh! Heh! Miller light and Sol beer.
In the days we rode down the ruler straight, level highways on my
friends Harley. (At 65mph!!!!) It would frighten the **** out of him,
motorcycling our highways with hills, bends adverse camber etc.

Sounds like you got a good look at mittle Amerika. I thought you would make
some very well deserved negative comment about the majority of the US brewed
beverages most Americans think is beer. Carbonated urine is more accurate.

Floor Surgeons, Inc., Tampa, and Joe Greene are not recommended for floor refinishing [email protected] Home Repair 11 July 23rd 06 11:58 PM
YQ-95 II Saws type cement concrete road surface crack cleaning machine [email protected] Home Repair 1 June 4th 06 12:20 AM
How do SawStop Table Saws Compare as Saws? woodworker88 Woodworking 8 August 11th 05 04:42 AM
Concrete Saws twfsa Home Repair 4 January 30th 05 01:19 AM
Mitre saws, table saws, or flip saw? Tim Nicholson UK diy 6 May 9th 04 11:29 AM