Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Surgeons who know how to use concrete saws!

On May 8, 4:33�pm, Peter wrote:
On 5/8/2010 11:25 AM, harry wrote:

We have only a limited cable network over here. �The BBC used to
provide high quality drama and wildlife films but it's all going to
the dogs. �They'd sooner spend theri money on high salaries for
scumbag celebrities and CEOs. �I now have a stellite dish so I can get
foreign programmes. �Some of it is a lot better than ours. �Esp.
news. �There are some US news channels but they are as crap as ours,
maybe worse. �The best is Aljazeera and France24. Both in English.

My wife and I watch a lot of BBC and other British TV produced mystery and drama
series on our public broadcasting stations. �We especially love "A Touch of
Frost", "Midsomer Murders", "The Vicar of Dibley", "Rebus", "Love for Lyndia"
and of course the great "Upstairs, Downstairs" and "As Time Goes By" and
everything and anything with Dame Judie Dench! �I am forgetting many more.

Well, I have to tell you all the ones you mention are years old, the
newer stuff is crap. Utter crap even. Enjoy while you can. The stuff
you mention, some of it they won't broadcast over here now as it is
not Politically Correct. I hate these PC b****ds.
"Frost" BTW has recently made his last series and has retired, he is
70+
Posted to alt.home.repair

Peter wrote:
On 5/8/2010 11:05 AM, harry wrote:
On May 8, 4:01�pm, wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 8, 11:46 am, The Daring
wrote:
harry wrote:

Are all you Limeys violent, vitriolic smeg heads?

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Smeg?????????????????

I read that and wondered if it has to do with "smegma".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/smegma- Hide quoted text -

I expect you're right. Never heard of it 'til now. Must be an
Americanism.

Only among those who use immature insults as a substitute for reasoned
thoughts. It is not a commonly used expression.

No, thankfully we don't hear it often. The first time I even heard _of_
the word I was around 30+ years old. Someone was asking me "what is the
most disgusting word in the US language? Actually I've never heard it
used derogatorily, just joking and grossing people out. I can't say how
it was meant up above, hopefully in a joking way.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 May 2010 08:33:16 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

On May 8, 4:28?pm, "
wrote:
On Sat, 8 May 2010 07:22:12 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:
On May 8, 2:47?pm, Tony wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
So I'm watching CSI:NY the other night. The CSI's determine that there
is a body buried in a concrete slab at a construction site.

One of the characters is Dr. Sheldon Hawkes. Here's his character bio:
"Hawkes is a Medical Examiner with the NYC Office of the Chief Medical
Examiner (OCME). He was a child prodigy who graduated from college at
eighteen, and by 24 he was a fully board-licensed surgeon."

Guess what? Hawkes is also pretty good with one of these:

http://www.arpielleequipment.com/pro...ges/cc6500.jpg

To extract the body and take it back to the lab, Hawkes gets behind
one of those bad boys and cuts a perfect rectangle around the body.
These CSI guys can do anything!

They take the huge slab back to the lab and Hawkes begins to extract
the body with - ready for this? - a Dremel tool!

I was laughing my arse off.

When that show was new they actually used real professionals input and
advice to make it realistic. ?That didn't last long.- Hide quoted text -

Ah so that's the reason!
I have to say that during my visit to America (I visited an internet
friend in Iowa) everyone was very kind and generous towards me.
It was explained to me however that this would be true in the South
but folks on the East and West coasts were nasty. ? Is this in general
correct?

The South and Midwest are generally friendly, the West more indifferent than
nasty, the Northeast is decidedly nasty. ?Liberals (A.K.A. progressives) are
nasty people.- Hide quoted text -

I never got to meet a liberal.

Lucky you. I wouldn't want to meet one while on vacation, either.

And they were first to adopt Obama in Iowa!

You have to remember that was in the caucuses, where, in theory at least, only
the Democrats "voted". Yes, there are a lot of liberals in Iowa and Illinois,
but that's an exception. Large cities tend to be more leftist Democrat (which
is why they're all going down the tubes). My guess is that you didn't stay
right in Des Moines, rather a 'burb.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ned Flanders wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 8, 5:25�am, wrote:
So I'm watching CSI:NY the other night. The CSI's determine that there
is a body buried in a concrete slab at a construction site.

One of the characters is Dr. Sheldon Hawkes. Here's his character bio:
"Hawkes is a Medical Examiner with the NYC Office of the Chief Medical
Examiner (OCME). He was a child prodigy who graduated from college at
eighteen, and by 24 he was a fully board-licensed surgeon."

Guess what? Hawkes is also pretty good with one of these:

http://www.arpielleequipment.com/pro...ges/cc6500.jpg

To extract the body and take it back to the lab, Hawkes gets behind
one of those bad boys and cuts a perfect rectangle around the body.
These CSI guys can do anything!

They take the huge slab back to the lab and Hawkes begins to extract
the body with - ready for this? - a Dremel tool!

I was laughing my arse off.

We get to see CSI here in the UK too (if you're that simple minded).
It started off fairly serious and realistic. However it has long
descended into typical America ********. I haven't watched it in
years.
Personally I think it should be banned, it twists the brains of the
stupid and credulous, especially all the inane violence.
Anyone who has visited America knows it's ******** within five
minutes, there are no fat ugly gits on CSI. 90% of Americans are fat
and/or ugly.

We had a guy murdered on the perimeter of our companies buildings. Our
security was in viewing the video with two homicide detectives when one
of them asked the security person to freeze that frame, zoom in on the
truck license plate and then clear up the pixels so they can get the
plate number. After a short pause and lots of confused looks the cop
replied "Sorry, just a joke we have at the office).

LOL! That's great! Really great!

I used to like CSI Los Vegas until this last season, now it seams to
have morphed into the same crap as the other ones.

I think Miami is the all time worst one. I wanna have an ego like
Horacio (sp?) I'm surprised they can fit his head on the tv screen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Are all you Limeys violent, vitriolic smeg heads?

TDD

Nice try, but this *British* reference went right over their heads.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"DGDevin" wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Are all you Limeys violent, vitriolic smeg heads?

TDD

Nice try, but this *British* reference went right over their heads.

Apparently no Red Dwarf fans on the NG from that side of the Pond. (g)

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On May 8, 2:47�pm, Tony wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

It isn't the location as much as the perceived attitude of the visitor.

Just sayin'

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
(snip)
And the Brits have such wonderful teeth!

True, all our dental care is free. My teeth are perfect.

NOTHING is free. You may not be paying a direct bill, but you are still
paying for it, or somebody else is.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 May 2010 15:33:48 -0400, aemeijers
wrote:

harry wrote:
(snip)
And the Brits have such wonderful teeth!

True, all our dental care is free. My teeth are perfect.

NOTHING is free. You may not be paying a direct bill, but you are still
paying for it, or somebody else is.

"_NHS is world's biggest employer after Indian rail and Chinese Army_"

..."A total of 1,282,900 people in England have jobs with the NHS: 2
per cent of the 30 million people of working age.

Only the Chinese Army and the Indian State Railways are believed to
employ more people — with 2.3 million and 1.5 million staff
respectively — but both workforces represent a far smaller proportion
of the national populations. "

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1050197.ece

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...
In article ,

Are all you Limeys violent, vitriolic smeg heads?

TDD

Nice try, but this *British* reference went right over their heads.

Apparently no Red Dwarf fans on the NG from that side of the Pond. (g)

My wife got tired of me bemoaning that PBS hadn't put it back on the air so
she got me the box-set a couple of years back. She recently snagged the
box-set of Deadwood too, and for half-price--that woman is a keeper.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 May 2010 08:08:53 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

We can only go on what you send us over!

Look at Hulu...

http://www.hulu.com/channels

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony wrote:
Peter wrote:
On 5/8/2010 11:05 AM, harry wrote:
On May 8, 4:01�pm, wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 8, 11:46 am, The Daring
wrote:
harry wrote:

Are all you Limeys violent, vitriolic smeg heads?

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Smeg?????????????????

I read that and wondered if it has to do with "smegma".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/smegma- Hide quoted text -

I expect you're right. Never heard of it 'til now. Must be an
Americanism.

Only among those who use immature insults as a substitute for reasoned
thoughts. It is not a commonly used expression.

No, thankfully we don't hear it often. The first time I even heard _of_
the word I was around 30+ years old. Someone was asking me "what is the
most disgusting word in the US language? Actually I've never heard it
used derogatorily, just joking and grossing people out. I can't say how
it was meant up above, hopefully in a joking way.

Look up "Red Dwarf" and smeg. I thought you guys were Brits?

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"DGDevin" wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Are all you Limeys violent, vitriolic smeg heads?

TDD

Nice try, but this *British* reference went right over their heads.

Apparently no Red Dwarf fans on the NG from that side of the Pond. (g)

The British can do some things right every now and then. My
favorite was the backwards planet episode and the look on
The Cat's face after he came out of the bushes.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd be thinking of a saw used by orthopedists to remove
casts. I've been in a cast, and had one of them used.
Interesting, actually.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Surgeons and friendlies

I'm about six hours drive (by highway) from the east
coast. Most folks here are generally polite.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"harry" wrote in message

When that show was new they actually used real
professionals input and
advice to make it realistic. �That didn't last long.-

Ah so that's the reason!
I have to say that during my visit to America (I visited an
internet
friend in Iowa) everyone was very kind and generous towards
me.
It was explained to me however that this would be true in
the South
but folks on the East and West coasts were nasty. Is this
in general
correct?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Surgeons and poverty

Actually, the USA has spent many trillions of dollars on
this or that program to end poverty. A few of us right wing
conservatives have concluded that throwing money at people
doesn't end poverty. Many liberals and Democrats appear to
really enjoy taxing the working American, so they can give
our tax dollars to people who don't work. Won't work. Or are
here illegally.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"harry" wrote in message

The trouble is, you send all this crap out into the world
and people
take it as face value.
I think the most surprising thing to me was the poverty I
saw in my
travels. And how no-one cares about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Surgeons and holy rollers

Next time you're in the states, please try to visit a
Pentacostal or Baptist congregation. Some of them are a lot
of fun to watch. Others, more subdued.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"harry" wrote in message

BTW forget the phone, use Skype, I do, it's free. I skype
lots of
people in America.
In the UK we tend to think of Americans as rich, however it
was
surprising to me how many are of modest means. I traveled
around on
the buses, interesting who you can meet.
Never got to go to a religious nut festival, that would be
interesting. (Holy rollers???)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Surgeons and crime

I have heard that the "gunless UK" has a high crime rate.
Because criminals are fearless, in the face of unarmed
victims, and laws which protect the criminals.

Military folks choose to join the military, with the
military medicine. The rest of us would prefer to make our
own choices. And Uncle is rapidly moving to make all our
medical choices for us. Most people I know oppose socialized
medicine.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"harry" wrote in message

Hah! Interesting. I am now retired but once worked for the
NHS as an
engineer. They [Iowans] were all totally bonkers about
"socialized
medicine" even though they were recipients of it at the vets
hospital.
My republican friend still bombards me with
"taking-the-****-out-of-
democrats email propaganda. Very witty a lot of it is.
Incredible.
But I think he believes it all. Must take hours to think up
and
compile.
He is supposed to be coming to visit me but he is afraid to
come I
think. I have promised him a real good time. I live in the
centre of
the UK, anywhere is within reach but he is afraid. And us a
gunless
society!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

(Dammit, Stormin, either quit top-posting, or stop using a sig
delimiter. Makes it hard to reply in a thread when the message you
replied to vanishes when I hit 'reply group'.)

Anyhoo, when I saw the scene, and the front of the body was exposed, I
was fully expecting one of the cast to make a 'carbonite' crack.

One of the writers had to have seen that movie.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

.

[...]

I'm pretty sure that the concrete used to pour a slab is a little
tougher that the plaster (or whatever) they use to make a cast.

In some cases (like after I had surgery on my arm) they now use
ThermoPlastic to custom make splints right on the spot.

My therapist used a steam table to soften the material, but you can
run it under warm tap water and then bend it into whatever shape you
need.

My therapist made one of these in about 10 minutes, and molded it
right on my arm while it was still warm.

http://www.sammonspreston.com/conten...rge/A5174L.JPG

She let me have the scraps from the sheet she cut and I've used them
for jigs and temporary brackets. It's pretty neat stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 May 2010 16:59:49 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

The British can do some things right every now and then.

They did bring us Mr. Bean, Margaret Thatcher and the Falklands
Islands War. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLgaGT7v1HU

(SAS in the Falklands War (1/3))

Posted to alt.home.repair

(Dammit, Stormin, either quit top-posting, or stop using a sig
delimiter. Makes it hard to reply in a thread when the message you replied
to vanishes when I hit 'reply group'.)

Just killfile Stormin Moron. Please.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On May 8, 3:51�pm, Tony wrote:
Peter wrote:
I grew up in a major urban East coast city that felt as though it were a
miniature United Nations. �Multiple accents, cooking smells, ethnic
restaurants, houses of worship, etc. bred tolerance and intellectual
curiosity. �Fast pace of life, work fast, get out of work fast, play
fast, talk fast, eat fast, etc.

When I spoke on the phone to internet friends in the UK and in Holland,
they both told me I didn't sound like they thought I would. �They seem
to believe we all are fast talking city dwellers.

The trouble is, you send all this crap out into the world and people
take it as face value.
I think the most surprising thing to me was the poverty I saw in my
travels. And how no-one cares about it.

Nobody cares about poverty? Surely you jest ) Most poor/homeless are
that way, not by direct choice but by life choices....drugs/alcohol are
the worst problem this country has, and I believe the UK has the same.
There are homeless camps in Florida, and the overflow sleep on park
benches and in wooded areas around the cities. I see people standing on
the curb with signs asking for $; hell, there are jobs, training
programs, educ. assistance, etc. Gotta be clean.

There recently was a woman in Tampa jailed for contempt (go, judge!)
because the judge asked her if she was pregnant and she would not
answer. She has FIFTEEN children and had been evicted from her rental
home. I would imagine that the rent was very low, but before being
hauled to jail she berated the judge and DFS for not taking
responsibility for her children. Probably not much money left after
beer, fake nails, hairdos, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Actually, the USA has spent many trillions of dollars on
this or that program to end poverty. A few of us right wing
conservatives have concluded that throwing money at people
doesn't end poverty. Many liberals and Democrats appear to
really enjoy taxing the working American, so they can give
our tax dollars to people who don't work. Won't work. Or are
here illegally.

I think it was PJ O'Rourke who noted in the mid-90s that if we had
taken the money we spent on poverty programs in the prior 20 years, we
could have given every person (man/woman/child(s))below the poverty a
grant of around $250,000 each.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 May 2010 18:38:18 -0400, aemeijers
wrote:

(Dammit, Stormin, either quit top-posting, or stop using a sig
delimiter. Makes it hard to reply in a thread when the message you
replied to vanishes when I hit 'reply group'.)

Are you asking him not to fart in a space suit?!

He won't listen, giving my best request, I tried it.

I've even mentioned to him how to bottom post so Ethiopian children
could see the entire context.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On May 8, 11:43�am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 8, 5:25 am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

You may be correct about the fat and ugly part, darn those
English ancestors! We Americans know that TV and movies are
make believe, even most of mainstream Liberal news is faux.
I do like The BBC news programs, especially when they show
the harvesting of the spaghetti crop. Here in the U.S. we
have these things known as a channel selector on our TV sets,
perhaps UK sets lack them. I'm from The Southern part of the
country where we...... oh damn, I almost forgot, me and the
boys got a lynching to do this morning, gotta hurry. Y'all
come visit us, ya hear!

TDD- Hide quoted text -

During my visit to Iowa, (not much geography there but nice folks) as
I was staying in a private house I got to experience American
culture. It was more interesting than I expected.
Who exactly are you going to lynch? (I have not experienced a
lynching)
Will it be a black person or a democrat?
Will members of the KKK be in attendance?
Are you a member of the KKK?

I have not seen a lynching though I have seen gunfights, also fights
with other weapons. This was not in America however.
I have to tell you spaghetti is not grown in the UK :-) We do
however hunt foxes and haggis though the former is now illegal.

99.99% of the population understands CSI is fiction, however a small
proportion of the population has their brain warped by watching such
crap. These are the ones that goes on to perpetrate various nasty
crimes.

Stereotypes are so much fun to play with. I live in Birmingham, Alabama
and whenever there is a news report about Birmingham, I see pictures of
Negro Americans being sprayed with fire hoses and scared by police dogs.
I like to point out that the protesters were sprayed with water not
bullets and not one of the police dogs got indigestion from eating dark
meat. The huge race riot covered a few square blocks of downtown and
most people had no idea it was going on until after it was all over and
they saw it on TV. Yankee media propaganda, gotta love it. Now where's
that darn rope and my Confederate battle flag?

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We can only go on what you send us over!

Look at Hulu...

http://www.hulu.com/channels

Unless he uses a US proxy, he won't be able to watch Hulu from
The UK. Try "http://www.ninjavideo.net/" no commercial breaks.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message

They did bring us Mr. Bean, Margaret Thatcher and the Falklands
Islands War.

They can keep Mr. Bean, so long as we can have Black Adder. Maggie, like
most politicians, did some good and some not so good, although she certainly
did have a set of ovaries on her. The Falklands war was of course a bit of
a disaster even if in the end the Brits won, but they sure took some
surprising lumps at times.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 May 2010 18:30:26 -0700, "DGDevin"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .

They did bring us Mr. Bean, Margaret Thatcher and the Falklands
Islands War.

They can keep Mr. Bean, so long as we can have Black Adder. Maggie, like
most politicians, did some good and some not so good, although she certainly
did have a set of ovaries on her. The Falklands war was of course a bit of
a disaster even if in the end the Brits won, but they sure took some
surprising lumps at times.

The Brits now have the longest distance record- for a sniper -- two
shoots, over about 1.5 miles. Them Brits stole the record from the
Canadians, eh?

SAS took lumps? I like them limeys.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Oren wrote:

The Brits now have the longest distance record- for a sniper -- two
shoots, over about 1.5 miles. Them Brits stole the record from the
Canadians, eh?

Didnot know that sniping was like drag racing. It wasn't officially
record unless you backed it up. (g).

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 9, 8:21�am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

�Oren wrote:

The Brits now have the longest distance record- for a sniper -- two
shoots, over about 1.5 miles. �Them Brits stole the record from the
Canadians, eh?

� � Didnot know that sniping was like drag racing. It wasn't officially
record unless you backed it up. (g).

--
� I want to find a voracious, small-minded predator
and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist

test
Posted to alt.home.repair

�Oren wrote:

The Brits now have the longest distance record- for a sniper -- two
shoots, over about 1.5 miles. �Them Brits stole the record from the
Canadians, eh?

� � Didnot know that sniping was like drag racing. It wasn't officially
record unless you backed it up. (g).

--
� I want to find a voracious, small-minded predator
and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist

Sorry for disappearing so suddenly. I had a message from Google to the
effect I was talking too much and had a temporary ban! Now lifted I
see.

This seems be an interesting topic to a few folks, why not set up
another group so the poor buugers with DIY questions can have some
space?

We now have a real life Mr Bean in our government two even, the
Miliband bros. They even look like him
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Miliband
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Miliband

Just about as devious and nasty as "Blackadder" too.

We haven't had a decent political leader since Maggie, our politicians
in the UK are almost all lying scum, thieves and hypocrits.
We watch current developements, I can see a major f**k up developing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We can only go on what you send us over!

Look at Hulu...

http://www.hulu.com/channels

Unless he uses a US proxy, he won't be able to watch Hulu from
The UK. Try "http://www.ninjavideo.net/" no commercial breaks.

TDD

I have just been watching Russia Today (satTV news programme). The
parades in Red Square, victory in Europe day. Pretty impressive.
Unusually there were foreign troops too. Frogs, UK and the Yanks. The
Yanks put on a poor display, I thought they would have done a lot
better. When they come for the military tatoo in Edinburgh, they are
usually top notch.
Who would ever have thought American troops would parade through Red
Square?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
We can only go on what you send us over!
Look at Hulu...
http://www.hulu.com/channels

Unless he uses a US proxy, he won't be able to watch Hulu from
The UK. Try "http://www.ninjavideo.net/" no commercial breaks.

TDD

I have just been watching Russia Today (satTV news programme). The
parades in Red Square, victory in Europe day. Pretty impressive.
Unusually there were foreign troops too. Frogs, UK and the Yanks. The
Yanks put on a poor display, I thought they would have done a lot
better. When they come for the military tatoo in Edinburgh, they are
usually top notch.
Who would ever have thought American troops would parade through Red
Square?

The world's changing and I have to tell you that all of
the Russians I've met and befriended are great folks. I
have yet to meet anyone from the former Soviet Union who
was a vituperous Commie. The only frenetic Marxist/Leftist/
Socialists I've ever met were my fellow Americans who have
fallen under the spell of those who espouse government
control of everything. Well, ours is a country where one
is free to believe whatever he/she/it wants.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 8, 3:51�pm, Tony wrote:
Peter wrote:
[...]

Up in PA, maybe just a few counties, or maybe statewide? They made a
law that if you are on welfare and then have more children, your welfare
check does NOT increase! Should be nationwide! Some women are baby
machines to support themselves. Sounds like the judge found another one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Next time you're in the states, please try to visit a
Pentacostal or Baptist congregation. Some of them are a lot
of fun to watch. Others, more subdued.

I'm in Baptist country. Scary! For example a nice friendly billboard
sign they put up. It's all black with white letters and reads "Believe
in Jesus or LIVE IN ETERNAL HELL". Just a friendly little reminder as
you enter their town.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
Tony wrote:
Peter wrote:
On 5/8/2010 11:05 AM, harry wrote:
On May 8, 4:01�pm, wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 8, 11:46 am, The Daring
wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

I'm transplanted from Eastern PA to Appalachian Smoky Mountains in
Tennessee. Trust me, they don't speak "British" here! A quick peek and
it looks like a british comedy. Sounds much better than the definition
I pointed to!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2010 6:32 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I have heard that the "gunless UK" has a high crime rate.
Because criminals are fearless, in the face of unarmed
victims, and laws which protect the criminals.

Military folks choose to join the military, with the
military medicine. The rest of us would prefer to make our
own choices. And Uncle is rapidly moving to make all our
medical choices for us. Most people I know oppose socialized
medicine.

Apparently, most people you know never experienced socialized medicine. It's
the only medicine I've known for 40+ years, and as someone who was trained fully
civilian, engaged in private practice fully civilian, practiced military
medicine, and have been the recipient of military medical care (and the National
Health Service in Scotland when I took ill during a vacation), I have only high
praise for "socialized medicine."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 9, 1:41�am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
�"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Actually, the USA has spent many trillions of dollars on
this or that program to end poverty. A few of us right wing
conservatives have concluded that throwing money at people
doesn't end poverty. Many liberals and Democrats appear to
really enjoy taxing the working American, so they can give
our tax dollars to people who don't work. Won't work. Or are
here illegally.

� I think it was PJ O'Rourke who noted in the mid-90s that if we had
taken the money we spent on poverty programs in the prior 20 years, we
could have given every person (man/woman/child(s))below the poverty a
grant of around $250,000 each.

--
� I want to find a voracious, small-minded predator
and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist

Someone famous (I forget who) said "The poor will always be with us"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
harry wrote:
[...]

Yep, we love to see that stuff in to UK. We especially love it when
someone's horrifically murdered a black. We feel so smug. Heh! Heh!
I live not far from the real Birmingham. It's full of Pakis.

Floor Surgeons, Inc., Tampa, and Joe Greene are not recommended for floor refinishing [email protected] Home Repair 11 July 23rd 06 11:58 PM
YQ-95 II Saws type cement concrete road surface crack cleaning machine [email protected] Home Repair 1 June 4th 06 12:20 AM
How do SawStop Table Saws Compare as Saws? woodworker88 Woodworking 8 August 11th 05 04:42 AM
Concrete Saws twfsa Home Repair 4 January 30th 05 01:19 AM
Mitre saws, table saws, or flip saw? Tim Nicholson UK diy 6 May 9th 04 11:29 AM