Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Surgeons and poverty

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Actually, the USA has spent many trillions of dollars on
this or that program to end poverty. A few of us right wing
conservatives have concluded that throwing money at people
doesn't end poverty. Many liberals and Democrats appear to
really enjoy taxing the working American, so they can give
our tax dollars to people who don't work. Won't work. Or are
here illegally.

I think it was PJ O'Rourke who noted in the mid-90s that if we had
taken the money we spent on poverty programs in the prior 20 years, we
could have given every person (man/woman/child(s))below the poverty a
grant of around $250,000 each.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist