Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Surgeons who know how to use concrete saws!

"keith" wrote in message
On May 10, 9:38 am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On May 8, 11:28 am, "

wrote:
On Sat, 8 May 2010 07:22:12 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:
On May 8, 2:47?pm, Tony wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
So I'm watching CSI:NY the other night. The CSI's determine that
there
is a body buried in a concrete slab at a construction site.

One of the characters is Dr. Sheldon Hawkes. Here's his character
bio:
"Hawkes is a Medical Examiner with the NYC Office of the Chief
Medical
Examiner (OCME). He was a child prodigy who graduated from college
at
eighteen, and by 24 he was a fully board-licensed surgeon."

Guess what? Hawkes is also pretty good with one of these:

http://www.arpielleequipment.com/pro...ges/cc6500.jpg

To extract the body and take it back to the lab, Hawkes gets behind
one of those bad boys and cuts a perfect rectangle around the body.
These CSI guys can do anything!

They take the huge slab back to the lab and Hawkes begins to
extract
the body with - ready for this? - a Dremel tool!

I was laughing my arse off.

When that show was new they actually used real professionals input
and
advice to make it realistic. ?That didn't last long.- Hide quoted
text -

Ah so that's the reason!
I have to say that during my visit to America (I visited an internet
friend in Iowa) everyone was very kind and generous towards me.
It was explained to me however that this would be true in the South
but folks on the East and West coasts were nasty. Is this in general
correct?

The South and Midwest are generally friendly, the West more indifferent
than
nasty, the Northeast is decidedly nasty. Liberals (A.K.A. progressives)
are
nasty people.

Oh, I don't know about that. The engineer in the office next door is
proud to be
a liberal, wishes we had socialized medicine (his wife is a doctor).
Nicest
guy I know.

Nice, perhaps, but certainly dumb.

A much nicer person than I am, although you'd probably call
me dangerously liberal, too. (I don't care what consenting adults do
in
private--including the privacy of the doctor's office, I realize

I bet you *love* ObamaCare.

Moron! PLONK!

Posted to alt.home.repair

h wrote:
"keith" wrote in message
On May 10, 9:38 am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On May 8, 11:28 am, "

wrote:
On May 8, 2:47?pm, Tony wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

OH NO! The Plonkasaurus has struck again! Run for your life!

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 May 2010 22:36:13 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

h wrote:
"keith" wrote in message
On May 10, 9:38 am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On May 8, 11:28 am, "

wrote:
On May 8, 2:47?pm, Tony wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

The *fact* is that ObamaCare strips every shred of privacy there is between
you and your doctor.

OH NO! The Plonkasaurus has struck again! Run for your life!

What's the Obamaphile going to do after he plonks everyone he disagrees with?
Plonk himself?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

h wrote:
"keith" wrote in message
On May 10, 9:38 am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On May 8, 11:28 am, "

wrote:
On May 8, 2:47?pm, Tony wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

I see a lonely coyote on a high desert plateau howling at the moon
and there is no one to hear him in the digital vacuum of the
plonkasphere.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
h wrote:
"keith" wrote in message
On May 10, 9:38 am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On May 8, 11:28 am, "

wrote:
On May 8, 2:47?pm, Tony wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Plonk himself?- Hide quoted text -

At least he has the wit to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Surgeons and holy rollers

On May 10, 11:28*am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-
wrote:

I get to pick on my cousins, remember?

Shoot, if you really are a hillbilly, you can marry 'em.
The wimminfolk, anyway.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I get to pick on my cousins, remember?

Shoot, if you really are a hillbilly, you can marry 'em.
The wimminfolk, anyway.

Cindy Hamilton

Hay babie! I got good lookin girl cousins!

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
A much nicer person than I am, although you'd probably call
me dangerously liberal, too. (I don't care what consenting adults do
in
private--including the privacy of the doctor's office, I realize

I bet you *love* ObamaCare.

I don't have many feelings about it. I have good insurance through
my job. It's comforting to know that my husband's pre-existing
conditions will no longer present a problem in obtaining insurance
should that become necessary before we qualify for Medicare.

Part of me thinks that we need "socialized medicine" in order to
compete with countries that have it. Perhaps a basic guaranteed
level of care, and companies that have to attract and retain
talented individuals can buy and offer a more deluxe extension
to the public plan. I dunno. I'm an engineer, not a public
policy wonk.

that
the
government is the best solution to some--but not all--problems, and
I don't want them to waste money doing it.)

You don't want them to waste money doing what they are the the best
solution for? *I agree. *

No, I want them to spend what is necessary, but not more than is
necessary.

The federal government has no authority to
touch "health care" and they certainly are not the best solution,
being *the* problem.

Oh, I don't think they're *the* problem. They certainly are *a*
problem,
but I don't let big business off the hook. An inability to think past
the
next quarter's returns is just dumb.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 May 2010 23:49:17 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

wrote:
h wrote:
"keith" wrote in message
On May 10, 9:38 am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On May 8, 11:28 am, "

wrote:
On May 8, 2:47?pm, Tony wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

You can't be that stupid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
A much nicer person than I am, although you'd probably call
me dangerously liberal, too. (I don't care what consenting adults do
in
private--including the privacy of the doctor's office, I realize

I bet you *love* ObamaCare.

I don't have many feelings about it. I have good insurance through
my job. It's comforting to know that my husband's pre-existing
conditions will no longer present a problem in obtaining insurance
should that become necessary before we qualify for Medicare.

At what price? You losing your employee paid insurance?

Part of me thinks that we need "socialized medicine" in order to
compete with countries that have it. Perhaps a basic guaranteed
level of care, and companies that have to attract and retain
talented individuals can buy and offer a more deluxe extension
to the public plan. I dunno. I'm an engineer, not a public
policy wonk.

ObamaCare doesn't do any of this. All it does is guarantee that the insurance
companies go broke and then there will be no other choice. ...except that the
government will be broke too. As an engineer you should be able to see that
there is no free lunch.

that
the
government is the best solution to some--but not all--problems, and
I don't want them to waste money doing it.)

You don't want them to waste money doing what they are the the best
solution for? *I agree. *

No, I want them to spend what is necessary, but not more than is
necessary.

When has government *ever* accomplished that?

The federal government has no authority to
touch "health care" and they certainly are not the best solution,
being *the* problem.

Oh, I don't think they're *the* problem. They certainly are *a*
problem,
but I don't let big business off the hook. An inability to think past
the
next quarter's returns is just dumb.

No government is *the* problem. Why can't you buy insurance from whomever you
want to? Why can't you buy whatever policy you want, with the terms you want?
Everything government is doing is screwing up the insurance business (though
why should they be different).

Most importantly, by what *right* does the federal government stick it's nose
in our lives? Where in the Constitution is the "Health Care" section?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Making a profit out of illness is morally wrong.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
" wrote:

At least he has the wit to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

You can't be that stupid.

Sorta ironic that this was posted on the day it was announced that the
pull out in Iraq would be slowed down.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 12, 1:45*am, harry wrote:
On May 12, 2:17 am, "

wrote:
[...]

Where do you find your doctors?

Floor Surgeons, Inc., Tampa, and Joe Greene are not recommended for floor refinishing [email protected] Home Repair 11 July 23rd 06 11:58 PM
YQ-95 II Saws type cement concrete road surface crack cleaning machine [email protected] Home Repair 1 June 4th 06 12:20 AM
How do SawStop Table Saws Compare as Saws? woodworker88 Woodworking 8 August 11th 05 04:42 AM
Concrete Saws twfsa Home Repair 4 January 30th 05 01:19 AM
Mitre saws, table saws, or flip saw? Tim Nicholson UK diy 6 May 9th 04 11:29 AM