Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Surgeons who know how to use concrete saws!

On Tue, 11 May 2010 07:30:52 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On May 10, 12:24*pm, keith wrote:
On May 10, 9:38*am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
A much nicer person than I am, although you'd probably call
me dangerously liberal, too. (I don't care what consenting adults do
in
private--including the privacy of the doctor's office, I realize

I bet you *love* ObamaCare.

I don't have many feelings about it. I have good insurance through
my job. It's comforting to know that my husband's pre-existing
conditions will no longer present a problem in obtaining insurance
should that become necessary before we qualify for Medicare.

At what price? You losing your employee paid insurance?

Part of me thinks that we need "socialized medicine" in order to
compete with countries that have it. Perhaps a basic guaranteed
level of care, and companies that have to attract and retain
talented individuals can buy and offer a more deluxe extension
to the public plan. I dunno. I'm an engineer, not a public
policy wonk.

ObamaCare doesn't do any of this. All it does is guarantee that the insurance
companies go broke and then there will be no other choice. ...except that the
government will be broke too. As an engineer you should be able to see that
there is no free lunch.

that
the
government is the best solution to some--but not all--problems, and
I don't want them to waste money doing it.)

You don't want them to waste money doing what they are the the best
solution for? *I agree. *

No, I want them to spend what is necessary, but not more than is
necessary.

When has government *ever* accomplished that?

The federal government has no authority to
touch "health care" and they certainly are not the best solution,
being *the* problem.

Oh, I don't think they're *the* problem. They certainly are *a*
problem,
but I don't let big business off the hook. An inability to think past
the
next quarter's returns is just dumb.

No government is *the* problem. Why can't you buy insurance from whomever you
want to? Why can't you buy whatever policy you want, with the terms you want?
Everything government is doing is screwing up the insurance business (though
why should they be different).

Most importantly, by what *right* does the federal government stick it's nose
in our lives? Where in the Constitution is the "Health Care" section?