Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Surgeons who know how to use concrete saws!

Peter wrote:
On 5/8/2010 11:19 AM, Tony wrote:

LOL! Yes the bar in the basement is almost standard these days. They say
it has to do with stricter drunk driving laws, but I think most of them
just make it easier to drink more.

And we all know that it is a lot safer trying to walk up the stairs when
drunk than down the stairs! The only problem with my theory is that in
a lot of these "yee-haw" communities, the soil is hard clay and the
houses are built on concrete slabs - no basements. When the tornado
sirens sound, I used to watch my neighbors wobble out to the storm
shelters, with a bottle in one hand and an ice filled glass in the other.

You got it again. A while ago where one brother lives in FL they were
having brush fires and most people evacuated. The die hards that stayed
were all having parties. At one point all the liquor stores within so
many miles were doing better than ever business until they were forced
to close. When they ran out of booze the die hards evacuated.