Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default Surgeons who know how to use concrete saws!

On 5/8/2010 11:19 AM, Tony wrote:

LOL! Yes the bar in the basement is almost standard these days. They say
it has to do with stricter drunk driving laws, but I think most of them
just make it easier to drink more.

And we all know that it is a lot safer trying to walk up the stairs when drunk
than down the stairs! The only problem with my theory is that in a lot of these
"yee-haw" communities, the soil is hard clay and the houses are built on
concrete slabs - no basements. When the tornado sirens sound, I used to watch
my neighbors wobble out to the storm shelters, with a bottle in one hand and an
ice filled glass in the other.