Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cigarette smoke detector

In relation to your question of whether a cigarette smoke detector is
available, then I can confirm that there are several currently
available on the market and we stock one called the Puff Alert
Cigarette Smoke Detector. There are two versions available one which
includes a remote indicator which can be installed in a different part
of the house to the detector (http://www.discountfiresupplies.co.uk/
product/119/Puff-Alert-Cigarette-Smoke-Detector-andamp;-Remote-LED-
Indicator/category/97/Cigarette-Smoke-Detector) and another which has
only the detector but can be connected to fire alarm device such as a
sounder or flasher (http://www.discountfiresupplies.co.uk/product/129/
Puff-Alert-Cigarette-Smoke-Detector/category/97/Cigarette-Smoke-
Detector).

If you would like more information, feel free contact us through our
site - http://www.discountfiresupplies.co.uk/.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Nobody asked, you goddamn nanny-state facilitators.

I hope you get Chastic fibrosis (a disease usually found in foxes) and your
eyebrows fall off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 11, 4:41�pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:
[...]

eyebrows fall off.- Hide quoted text -

a non smokers nose who hates the stink is more sensitive than any
detector
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:41:12 -0600, HeyBub wrote:
wrote:
[...]

what's the matter? Somebody get in the way of your last fix?
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in
:

wrote:
[...]

what's the matter? �Somebody get in the way of your last fix?- Hid

e quoted text -

smoking should be made illegal, that will end the problem and put the
spammer out of business

Yeaaaa, and while at it make drinking illegal too. And let's make the
maximum door width on all buildings 28" so no fat asses can get in
anyplace.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Blattus Slafaly £ ¥ 0/00 " wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
" wrote in

:

On Feb 11, 5:40�pm, AZ Nomad
wrote:
[...]

I heard they want to ban fat people from restaurants.

If you don't jest (which I doubt), who want's to ban them? Where did you
"heard" this? On the Internet? It MUST be true?

Let's ban handicap people from everywhere too. Special accomodations
raise the cost of everything and they take up all the best parking
spots. [for any igiots who can't tell, just a tad of sarcasm].
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

anyplace.- Hide quoted text -

smoking costs everyone, from stinky clothes, to higher medical
expenses. ands smoking around a child even in a private home should be
called what it really is child abuse, and given criminal status

so it cant really be outlawed, so tax it out of existence.

each year raise the tobacco tax a buck a pack. year one a extra
dollar, year 10 ten extra bucks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:50:08 -0600, Red Green wrote:
"Blattus Slafaly £ ¥ 0/00 " wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
" wrote in

:

On Feb 11, 5:40�pm, AZ Nomad
wrote:
[...]

Can't you figure out how to operate a websearch tool like google? I had heard
the news story when it first came out, but used google to find it again. It
took less than three seconds to find:
http://jezebel.com/351622/mississipp...ting-in-public
It isn't expected to pass and is just trying to send a message: "you wouldn't
be so fat if you'd stop stuffing your face."

Let's ban handicap people from everywhere too. Special accomodations
raise the cost of everything and they take up all the best parking
spots. [for any igiots who can't tell, just a tad of sarcasm].

Most handicaped people, except for the obese, didn't choose to be that
way. I'm of the opinion that the obese should be required to park at the
far end of the parking lot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:57:39 -0500, Blattus Slafaly £ ¥ 0/00 wrote:
Red Green wrote:
"Blattus Slafaly £ ¥ 0/00 " wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
" wrote in

:

On Feb 11, 5:40�pm, AZ Nomad
wrote:
[...]

Ban the fatties from airlines too. I hate to have to give up half my
seat to a big fat ass. I don't like rubbing legs with them either.

**** that. Give them and charge them for two seats.

That, and I'd like to see the airlines quit sizing the seats for an anorexic five year old.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in
:

On Feb 11, 9:12Â*pm, Red Green wrote:
" wrote
innews:157fd2cc-94a4-4d4f-ada4-b

:

On Feb 11, 5:40�pm, AZ Nomad wro

te:
[...]

Ahhh, a true smoking Nazi. Let's jump on a bandwagon, snatch a kid and hold
'em up. Hey, why not just sterilize all smokers. I mean since it's child
abuse and criminal.

so it cant really be outlawed, so tax it out of existence.

each year raise the tobacco tax a buck a pack. year one a extra
dollar, year 10 ten extra bucks.

All holds true for alcohol too if you substitute the word alcohol for
smoking in claims. Well it's almost the same except with alcohol entire
families have been wiped out and/or crippled in an instant. Tax the ****
out of both em just like you say. Don't you agree?

How about people who play that hip-hop rap crap. Open season a good idea?
[kinda serious about this one]

What the hell. Let's just take everyone one who is "not like me" / "doesn't
see things my way" out to sea and dump 'em.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 12, 1:49Â*pm, Red Green wrote:
" wrote :

[...]

see things my way" out to sea and dump 'em.- Hide quoted text -

obviously your a smoker.......... thats sad
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 11, 4:41?pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Don't you mean an ex-smoker with no will power?

If you were really cured cigarette smoke wouldn't bother you any more
than barbeque smoke or stinky perfume.

I still love the smell. I get ****ed when I'm visiting family and someone
goes out for a fag without telling me so I can inhale the second-hand.

--
B. Hussein Obama won't wear an American flag on his lapel, or put his hand over
his heart during the national anthem, but prominently displayed in his Houston
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in
:

On Feb 12, 1:49Â*pm, Red Green wrote:
" wrote
innews:c1b99628-ef92-44d4-9d2b-b

:

[...]

?-
Hid
e quoted text -

smoking should be made illegal, that will end the problem and
put the spammer out of business

Yeaaaa, and while at it make drinking illegal too. And let's make
the maximum door width on all buildings 28" so no fat asses can
get in anyplace.- Hide quoted text -

[...]

Nahhhh. **** happens. Good ****, bad ****. But **** always happens.

Used to smoke then quit 2+ yrs. Didn't run around ****ing on people who
still did to feel good about myself. Then became a fat ass. My tendancy
to substitute one thing for another. Screw that. Smoke again.

Used to drink then quit. Didn't run around ****ing on people who still
did. Still don't. That was 22 yrs ago.

If I want to move up on some pedestal I'll do what I have to to go up on
my own. Not just make myself look higher by kicking others down farther.

When I was in corporate America smoking bothered me. People were always
blowin' smoke up my ass.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:03:11 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Feb 11, 4:41?pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:
[...]

There are large numbers of people that have significant negative reactions to
cigarette smoke, most of whom have never smoked. Most smokers refuse to
recognise just how offensive their exhaust is.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 12, 2:40�pm, clifto wrote:
wrote:
each year raise the tobacco tax a buck a pack. year one a extra
dollar, year 10 ten extra bucks.

What do you do that I don't like that we can tax into oblivion?

--

make it something thats a danger to everyone, kills millions yearly,
makes children ill. dont forget to add you will demand full health

smokers shouldnt be covered for any smoking related illnesses, health
coverage for those should come from a tobacco tax.

states now restrict smoking in public places.

the next will be not around kids espically in vehicles. seeing that
makes me ill

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Feb 12, 2:40�pm, clifto wrote:
wrote:
each year raise the tobacco tax a buck a pack. year one a extra
dollar, year 10 ten extra bucks.

What do you do that I don't like that we can tax into oblivion?

--

make it something thats a danger to everyone, kills millions yearly,
makes children ill. dont forget to add you will demand full health
coverage because of you own choices.........

smokers shouldnt be covered for any smoking related illnesses, health
coverage for those should come from a tobacco tax.

states now restrict smoking in public places.

the next will be not around kids espically in vehicles. seeing that
makes me ill

No offence, but, **** you and your family too. Kiss my nicotine-laden ass...

Posted to alt.home.repair

No offence, but, **** you and your family too. Kiss my nicotine-laden ass...

do tell, if you get heart disease, cancer, emphsema, COPD, or any of
the long list of smoking related illnesses, do you think you deserve
health care, or social security disability if you cant work any
longer?

your choice to smoke effects everyones health care costs

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in
:

No offence, but, **** you and your family too. Kiss my nicotine-laden
ass...

do tell, if you get heart disease, cancer, emphsema, COPD, or any of
the long list of smoking related illnesses, do you think you deserve
health care, or social security disability if you cant work any
longer?

your choice to smoke effects everyones health care costs

First, I'm not gonna sit here and say smoking is nuetral healthwise.
Anyone who says that already has brain cancer or at least has a dedicated
OC-768 line from there brain to ass.

So if someone overweight gets heart disease or any overweight related
illnesses, by your reasoning, they should got no health care or social
security disability because it was a self induced choice. But if they
weigh in OK at check-in they get it. And what if one of em is one of
those children you were concerned about being abused?

Hey wait a minute. If there's an overweight kid, again by your reasoning,
should't the parents be charged with child abuse?

OK, get in your last comment Hallerb. This doesn't belong in this NG. I
got sucked in and am guilty. Need to get back to bidness.

Really, no hard feelings. I've always said if you're not an asshole in
someone's eyes you must be a doormat. Feel free to give me a big Asshole
cheer :-)

Red...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 12, 7:21�pm, Red Green wrote:
" wrote :

[...]

no offense taken and my comment was inflamatory. sorry

but theres one difference between smoking and obesity.

one never needs to smoke to live

one must eat to live.........

smoking is a 100% self controlled life decision that can cost a
fortune, in initial costs smokes, and secondary costs, health
troubles.

just imagine what a lifetime smpokewr could of done with all that
money, for say retirement?

sadly smokers leave everyone to carry the costs, and for parents who
smoke and die social security has to pay to raise the kids
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

No offence, but, **** you and your family too. Kiss my nicotine-laden
ass...

do tell, if you get heart disease, cancer, emphsema, COPD, or any of
the long list of smoking related illnesses, do you think you deserve
health care, or social security disability if you cant work any
longer?

your choice to smoke effects everyones health care costs

O.K. I mean to be offesive now:

**** off and take your issues to another forum like
alt.SmokeNazisAreAssholes...........

Posted to alt.home.repair

O.K. I mean to be offesive now:

**** off and take your issues to another forum like
alt.SmokeNazisAreAssholes...........

yet you will want full health care for your stupid lifestyle
choice........

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 12, 9:58�pm, wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:47:38 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
your choice to smoke effects everyones health care costs

Smokers actually have lower overall medical costs and medicare in
particular,
They usually refuse treatment until they are almost dead because they
would have to stop smoking and die early enough that they don't spend
much medicare money.
The people who live a long time and die of "natural causes" at 80 and
90 are the ones who suck up most of the medicare money. They get
cataract surgeries, joint replacements, transplants and a host of
miracle drugs at $10 a pill.

gee take all the damage second hand smoke does, and friends and
realtives who died long painful deaths from things like bladder
cancer, caused by smoking.

it would be interesting to see the exact statistics on this.

but in human terms, well i still miss my mom who died 10 years ago,
smoking caused her death..........

she was only 65
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
If you were really cured cigarette smoke wouldn't bother you any more
than barbeque smoke or stinky perfume.

There are large numbers of people that have significant negative
reactions to cigarette smoke, most of whom have never smoked. Most
smokers refuse to recognise just how offensive their exhaust is.

Then the negative-reaction folks own the problem, not the smoker. Any
attempt to force person "A's" solution on person "B" should be met with
overwhelming, instant, and deadly force.

When people tell me I shouldn't be smoking here, my rejoinder is: "It's
alright. I'm French."

Posted to alt.home.repair

BTW my mom died of smoking related COPD at 84 so I understand your
loss but I also understand it was HER choice, not the government's or
YOURS.

the government allowed the tobacco CEOs to lie before congress, about
the health risks and when tobacco knew, plus tobacco actively worked
to make the products more addictive.

tobacco CEOs who lied should of each been put in prison for at least 5
years,so the next person who gets questioned before congress is
truthful.

when a older person dies of smoking, they didnt know when they started
it could kill.

kids today who start at least know the risks

Posted to alt.home.repair

she was only 65

Hey ther's one now ... virtually zero medicare- Hide quoted text -

hey keep smoking, so your family can grieve when your gone

Posted to alt.home.repair

illnesses from smoke in smoggy or dirty areas is well documented, as
is kids in homes where parents smoke are at triple risk of ear
infections. thats been known for a long time.

that proves second hand smoke can cause health troubles.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 12, 11:47*am, AZ Nomad wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:50:08 -0600, Red Green wrote:
"Blattus Slafaly £ ¥ 0/00 " wrote in
:
Red Green wrote:
" wrote in

:

took less than three seconds to find:http://jezebel.com/351622/mississipp...-from-eating-i...
It isn't expected to pass and is just trying to send a message: "you wouldn't
be so fat if you'd stop stuffing your face."

Let's ban handicap people from everywhere too. Special accomodations
raise the cost of everything and they take up all the best parking
spots. [for any igiots who can't tell, just a tad of sarcasm].

Most handicaped people, except for the obese, didn't choose to be that
way. *I'm of the opinion that the obese should be required to park at the
far end of the parking lot

Suits me fine. I'm obese, and I usually park pretty far from the
entrance.

Not all obese people are lazy. I find exercise pointless, but
activity in the
service of some purpose is fine. I'll walk a mile to get somewhere,
but
I won't do it just to be walking.

Cindy Hamlton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:11:10 -0500, wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:32:25 -0000, AZ Nomad
wrote:

illnesses from smoke in smoggy or dirty areas is well documented, as
is kids in homes where parents smoke are at triple risk of ear
infections. thats been known for a long time.

that proves second hand smoke can cause health troubles.

Not at all. It all depends on concentration

When indoors, the concentration is great enough to cause health problems.
Smokers were permitted to smoke at work, in elevators, etc. until just
recently. Now they have shoot up outside.

That science has not really been presented.

Actually it has. One need only look for a correlation between environmental
smoke and health effects.

http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/librar...actsheet6.html

# Children exposed to secondhand smoke are at an increased risk for sudden
infant death syndrome (SIDS), acute respiratory infections, ear problems,
and more severe asthma. Smoking by parents causes respiratory symptoms and
slows lung growth in their children.

# Exposure of adults to secondhand smoke has immediate adverse effects on
the cardiovascular system and causes coronary heart disease and lung cancer.

Supporting Evidence

* Concentrations of many cancer-causing and toxic chemicals are higher
in secondhand smoke than in the smoke inhaled by smokers.
* Breathing secondhand smoke for even a short time can have immediate
adverse effects on the cardiovascular system and interferes with the normal
functioning of the heart, blood, and vascular systems in ways that increase
the risk of a heart attack.
* Nonsmokers who are exposed to secondhand smoke at home or at work
increase their risk of developing heart disease by 25 - 30 percent.
* Nonsmokers who are exposed to secondhand smoke at home or at work
increase their risk of developing lung cancer by 20 - 30 percent.

Posted to alt.home.repair

increase their risk of developing lung cancer by 20 - 30 percent.- Hide quoted text -

my aunt a non smoker died a horrible lung cancer death, her hubby a
chain smoker is still alive.......

lung cancer is a terrible way to go.

trouble breathing makes victim anxious, which makes it harder to
breathe.

as far as the coffin nails comnment, tobacco companies knowing the
hazards continued claiming no proof its dangerous, lied thru their
teeth.

did you knopw the marlboro man died of lung cancer

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 13, 11:29�am, wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 05:40:40 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:

hey keep smoking, so your family can grieve when your gone

I don't smoke, never have. I am also not black, latino, gay, female,
handicapped or particularly religious but that does not keep me from
defending their rights.
This is all about who the nanny state will come after NEXT.

a smokers rights ends when it impacts me. from polluted air or sky
high insurance costs.

smoking is entirely voluntary. as such they should pay the added costs
of health care
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 01:40:41 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

When indoors, the concentration is great enough to cause health problems.
Smokers were permitted to smoke at work, in elevators, etc. until just
recently. Now they have shoot up outside.

That science has not really been presented.
Just because you can smell something does not mean it is a dangerous
concentration.

It would be just as valid if I said my hearing was being damaged by
listening to you whine about it. I can hear it so it must be harming
me.

What an idiotic comments.

I repeat, how can you evaluate toxins without talking about dose?

Or are you one of those people who want the chlorine and flouride
banned in tap water?

Hi,
Toxin is BAD regardless of level or amount. Every individual has
different tolerance due to genetic constituent. So just to be on the
safe side..... Smokers has extra amount of heavy metal trace lodged in
their liver. I see it every day. This in turn will cause cholesterol
problem, weight problem, choronic fatigue kinda health isssues. Due to
difference in genetics, some suffesr eary, some later. It's matter of
time. My family drink filtered water. I don't want chlorine, or
flouride exposure.
Remember every bad things add up to create health issues. Our
environment is getting dirtier, every thing is contaminated. We have to
do our best to minimize the harmful effect. You are what you eat and how
you eat. Take care of your own body. Being sick is no fun! Before
getting sick prevent it.

Cigarette Smoke Detector [email protected] Home Repair 28 October 9th 17 10:53 PM
Cigarette smoke tvmo UK diy 90 December 26th 07 09:23 PM
How to Detect Source of Cigarette Smoke? Kelly Home Repair 12 October 12th 06 10:52 PM
Smoke detector and CO detector installed next to each other? [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 16th 05 02:46 AM
cigarette smoke entering from condo below..... Sue Ann Home Repair 57 January 20th 04 05:28 AM