Harry Everhart

Default OT - poison ivy

I know this is the wrong group - but I like the answers on here better.

My wife was gardening last week and now has poison ivy over her.

The yard in our new Florida home is big and wooded and full of this
stuff.

How would you get rid of it? Wife loves to work in the yard.

Harry
William W. Plummer

Harry Everhart wrote:

I know this is the wrong group - but I like the answers on here better.

My wife was gardening last week and now has poison ivy over her.

The yard in our new Florida home is big and wooded and full of this
stuff.

How would you get rid of it? Wife loves to work in the yard.

What's wrong with poison ivy killer?
Gideon

Harry,

Go to K-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, and your local garden center and
tell your problem to just about anybody working in the "lawn chemicals
area." It is advisable to get multiple opinions, especially at K-Mart type
stores.

There are many products which will somewhat selectively kill poison ivy.
You can purchase the chemicals in bulk for use with a pump sprayer
or you can buy individual aerosol cans (about $4-$5 each) for spot application.
I believe that Ortho's aerosol cans have pictures of poison ivy, poison oak,
etc. on the front of the container for handy reference.

Some standard broadleaf weed killers (eg: dandelion killer, 2-4-D, etc.)
will attack poison ivy somewhat, but there are much better specific killers
for so-called bushy weeds such as poison ivy.

Also, you can use just about any broad-spectrum herbicide such as
Roundup. Keep in mind that these products kill just about any plant
whose leaves they touch and you can't easily use them to kill a weed
which is among favorable plants. If you spray them on poison ivy which
is growing up a tree, then the overspray onto the bark of the tree is not
a problem. In some areas you may have to "bite the bullet" and use
a broad-spectrum killer to kill everything in the area just because the
broad-spectrum killer is much less expensive and more effective.

Also, do some "Google searching" with search arguments such as:

"poison ivy" cashew mango

This should give you some EXTREMELY important advice about foods
which your wife should avoid while recovering from poison ivy contact.
There are a number of fruits which come from plants which are closely
related to poison ivy. The levels of allergens in these fruits is normally not
a problem, but they will greatly increase the allergic reaction to poison ivy.
Recovery from poison ivy contact is slow and uncomfortable - don't
exacerbate it by eating the wrong foods which contain small amount of
the allergen that causes the poison ivy reaction.

If you have a lot of poison ivy on your property, then you probably won't
knock it all out in your first attempt. Do some "Google" searching to
learn now what you or your wife should do to prevent future contact or
to deal with future contact. Poison ivy oils can definitely migrate into
your house on the fur of your pets. There are established procedures
for washing poison ivy oil from skin and clothing after contact. All of
this information and more is easily accessible on the Internet. Just
do some "Googling" with intelligents search arguments.

Good luck,
Gideon

PS: Thanks for mentioning that you are aware that the subject is
somewhat off-topic in this newsgroup and thanks for complimenting
our little newsgroup. We try harder.

Doug Miller

In article , Harry Everhart wrote:
I know this is the wrong group - but I like the answers on here better.

My wife was gardening last week and now has poison ivy over her.

The yard in our new Florida home is big and wooded and full of this
stuff.

How would you get rid of it? Wife loves to work in the yard.

Spray it with a herbicide that kills poison ivy. Anything that contains 2,4-D
or 2,4,5-T will kill it deader than a doorknob and quicker than a train. Any
garden center, home center, or hardware store will have what you need. You can
probably find it at a place like Wal-Mart or Meijer.

Harry

--
Regards,

m Ransley

It can be a bad job first you need to be sure what it is, it could be
poison oak or sumac if they are local and identify all the plants.
Poison Ivy has many variants, even vine can intermingle with ground
plant species. But "leaves of Three beware of thee" is a good starting
and caution point. You can kill it with a weed killer but the leaves can
have active poison-oils for 1 year. even on tools. I Kill it with
stroner roundup concentrations but then remove all of it. Don`t burn it
and be down wind it got into my system for 1 + yr that way. Nothing
helped. Wash tools , shoes and all clothes infected from area as
reinfection can occur for 1 yr from the oil , washing hands within 15
min after exposure can realy help. Watch your pets they can bring it
home.

Matt Morgan

And this probably goes without saying.... but don't ever try to burn it out.

Chris Lewis

According to Gideon :
Also, you can use just about any broad-spectrum herbicide such as
Roundup. Keep in mind that these products kill just about any plant
whose leaves they touch and you can't easily use them to kill a weed
which is among favorable plants. If you spray them on poison ivy which
is growing up a tree, then the overspray onto the bark of the tree is not
a problem. In some areas you may have to "bite the bullet" and use
a broad-spectrum killer to kill everything in the area just because the
broad-spectrum killer is much less expensive and more effective.

FYI: Urushiol (the oil that's the active ingredient of the allergic
reactions) on poison ivy is water repellant, which explains why many
weed killers don't seem to work that well.

Tip: Adding a small amount of liquid dishwashing soap to whatever you use
makes a huge difference in effectiveness.

We do our poison ivy killing using Roundup concentrate, mixed to the
specifications on the container (30ml per litre of water, call
it two tablespoons per quart with the brand we use), plus about a
teaspoon's worth of dishwashing soap. We use a 1 litre pump-action
sprayer, and it works very well.

[The roundup plus dishwashing soap is a tip from a botanist who has
to do a _lot_ of poison ivy killing.]
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
Doug Miller

In article , "Matt Morgan" wrote:
And this probably goes without saying.... but don't ever try to burn it out.

And don't burn the dead plants after killing them with 2,4-D, either.

--
Regards,

Fred

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 12:42:37 -0400, Harry Everhart
wrote:

I know this is the wrong group - but I like the answers on here better.

My wife was gardening last week and now has poison ivy over her.

The yard in our new Florida home is big and wooded and full of this
stuff.

How would you get rid of it? Wife loves to work in the yard.

Harry

I've heard lots of horror stories on the home owner destroying
valuable landscape when spraying for poison ivy (or any weed using
weed killer).

Best (for you) to remove it by hand. But if you must use chemicals,
then I'd recommend you use a brush or rag to wipe it on the suspect
leaves.

JimL

Chris Lewis

According to Fred :
I've heard lots of horror stories on the home owner destroying
valuable landscape when spraying for poison ivy (or any weed using
weed killer).

With a pinpoint sprayer and no cross-breeze, roundup is pretty
selective.

Best (for you) to remove it by hand. But if you must use chemicals,
then I'd recommend you use a brush or rag to wipe it on the suspect
leaves.

Aforesaid botanist said the best way to apply in tricky circumstances
(like right in the middle of desirable plants) is to wear a pair
of rubber gloves, then a pair of cotton gloves overtop. Stuff
the cotton gloves with some torn up cotton balls if you wish. Then,
simply dip your hand in the roundup solution, wrap your fingers around
the poison ivy, and slide your hand up the plant.

Poison ivy is really difficult to remove by hand, because it
spreads by long rootlets, at times quite deep in the dirt.

If you just pull it and leave any roots behind in the soil,
it'll grow back. Roundup will kill the roots.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

Duane Bozarth

Chris Lewis wrote:

According to Fred :
I've heard lots of horror stories on the home owner destroying
valuable landscape when spraying for poison ivy (or any weed using
weed killer).

With a pinpoint sprayer and no cross-breeze, roundup is pretty
selective.

Roundup is not selective at all...what you're describing is applying
it only to the undesired foliage. 2,4-D or other broadleaf herbicides
are both selective and effective on poison ivy.
Colbyt

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
I know this is the wrong group - but I like the answers on here better.

My wife was gardening last week and now has poison ivy over her.

The yard in our new Florida home is big and wooded and full of this
stuff.

How would you get rid of it? Wife loves to work in the yard.

Harry

If you really want to kill it you will use a "brush killer" product. All the
companies make one labeled as a "brush killer". Add a little diesel fuel to
mixture and be careful not to spray anything you don't want to kill.

Round up and the like will only stunt it's growth. Read all the fine print
inside the labels. I am not making this up.

Colbyt

David Martel

I fought this fight about 5 yrs ago. As others have recommended RoundUp
and the cotton glove technique works well. Wear long pants and a long
sleeved shirt. Do not touch your self while applying the weed killer. Do
not wear the clothes inside your house (they are contaminated). Take them
off on the back porch or in the garage and put them into the washer and wash
them, then go and take a long luke warm shower with lots of soap.

Dave M.

m Ransley

Garden stores now sell a tube- sponge aplicator , you pour some roundup
in the 4ft clear 1" plastic tube a sponge at the bottom stays wet so
you just brush the leaves without stooping and getting in the Ivy, or
contaminating other plants. Roundup works but I use a stronger solution.
When dead cut out the ivy.

Hopkins

I like the idea of using a concentrate with some dish soap added, but
I'd look at other brands besides Roundup. In my experience, Roundup
seems to be toward the bottom in quality.

Full disclosure -- I haven't had to deal with poison ivy, but I have
had to deal with a bunch of other ivy's and vines. Bayer brand has been
working best so far.

Dr. Hardcrab

"David Martel" wrote in message
k.net...
I fought this fight about 5 yrs ago. As others have recommended RoundUp
and the cotton glove technique works well. Wear long pants and a long
sleeved shirt. Do not touch your self while applying the weed killer. Do
not wear the clothes inside your house (they are contaminated). Take them
off on the back porch or in the garage and put them into the washer and
wash them, then go and take a long luke warm shower with lots of soap.

And for God's sake, do NOT burn the vines!!!

William W. Plummer

m Ransley wrote:

It can be a bad job first you need to be sure what it is, it could be
poison oak or sumac if they are local and identify all the plants.
Poison Ivy has many variants, even vine can intermingle with ground
plant species. But "leaves of Three beware of thee" is a good starting
and caution point. You can kill it with a weed killer but the leaves can
have active poison-oils for 1 year. even on tools. I Kill it with
stroner roundup concentrations but then remove all of it. Don`t burn it
and be down wind it got into my system for 1 + yr that way. Nothing
helped. Wash tools , shoes and all clothes infected from area as
reinfection can occur for 1 yr from the oil , washing hands within 15
min after exposure can realy help. Watch your pets they can bring it
home.

The question was "how do I kill poison ivy". "How do I get rid of dead
poison ivy" is a different issue. How to wash and protect yourself is
yet another.
Matt Morgan

"William W. Plummer"
The question was "how do I kill poison ivy". "How do I get rid of dead
poison ivy" is a different issue. How to wash and protect yourself is
yet another.

I agree.

And this is to say nothing of how to make it into a tasty salad for your
dinner guests.

m Ransley

Well willy plumer if you looked a witle more carefully you would have
wead the words ROUNDUP was that easy for you to see now.

'This Old House' program on TV had an excellent part of one
program about safely getting rid of poison ivy. They sell
video's taped from their shows and would probably be more than
willing to help you if you contact them via the internet. Great
show.

Harry Everhart wrote:
I know this is the wrong group - but I like the answers on here better.

My wife was gardening last week and now has poison ivy over her.

The yard in our new Florida home is big and wooded and full of this
stuff.

How would you get rid of it? Wife loves to work in the yard.

Harry

Matt Morgan

Do Bob, Norm, Steve, the plumber guy and the rest of the cast end up getting
infected?

Cause I'd love that.

WHy the hell do these "home repair" shows never air the episodes where every
damn ting goes wrong every day?

Anyway, I gave up on this old house when at some point they went from fixing
old houses with people on a liited budget, to restoring mansions for
president clinton.

The show simply isn't realistic, and ther isn't anything it teaches.

If there is an episode where they show how to kill PI - that's probably the
alltime best episode ever.

Especially if they all die in the process.

Harry Everhart wrote:
I know this is the wrong group - but I like the answers on here better.

My wife was gardening last week and now has poison ivy over her.

The yard in our new Florida home is big and wooded and full of this
stuff.

How would you get rid of it? Wife loves to work in the yard.

Harry

Duane Bozarth

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote:

And for God's sake, do NOT burn the vines!!!

Yeah, you might light the acetone...
Chris Lewis

According to Duane Bozarth :
Chris Lewis wrote:

According to Fred :
I've heard lots of horror stories on the home owner destroying
valuable landscape when spraying for poison ivy (or any weed using
weed killer).

With a pinpoint sprayer and no cross-breeze, roundup is pretty
selective.

Roundup is not selective at all...what you're describing is applying
it only to the undesired foliage.

Right, by "selective" I specifically meant applying it only to the
undesired foliage. But that's obviously poor word selection ;-)

Roundup has this characteristic where it inerts itself in contact
with the dirt, so, provided you don't actually zap a desired plant,
you won't get cross-over from a neighbor.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
Duane Bozarth

Chris Lewis wrote:

According to Duane Bozarth :
Chris Lewis wrote:

According to Fred :
I've heard lots of horror stories on the home owner destroying
valuable landscape when spraying for poison ivy (or any weed using
weed killer).

With a pinpoint sprayer and no cross-breeze, roundup is pretty
selective.

Roundup is not selective at all...what you're describing is applying
it only to the undesired foliage.

Right, by "selective" I specifically meant applying it only to the
undesired foliage. But that's obviously poor word selection ;-)

Roundup has this characteristic where it inerts itself in contact
with the dirt, so, provided you don't actually zap a desired plant,
you won't get cross-over from a neighbor.

Yes, Roundup is not a systemic...

I was particularly sensitive to the word "selective" having watched the
patently stupid Ortho commercial over and over and ... during the NCAA
tournament. The one where the "ordinary" brand kills the grass as well
as the dandelions as if the magic of 2,4-D (the active ingredient in
Weed-B-Gone) was a new and wonderful invention...
TURTLE

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
om...
In article , Harry
Everhart wrote:
I know this is the wrong group - but I like the answers on here better.

My wife was gardening last week and now has poison ivy over her.

The yard in our new Florida home is big and wooded and full of this
stuff.

How would you get rid of it? Wife loves to work in the yard.

Spray it with a herbicide that kills poison ivy. Anything that contains 2,4-D
or 2,4,5-T will kill it deader than a doorknob and quicker than a train. Any
garden center, home center, or hardware store will have what you need. You can
probably find it at a place like Wal-Mart or Meijer.

Harry

--
Regards,

This is Turtle.

I use that 2-4-D to kill anything and including trees but I have not heard of
2-4-5-T . I can't see this stuff getting any better than the regular 2-4-D
stuff. Do they sell this 2-4-5-T stuff where they sell 2-4-D stuff ?

TURTLE

Harry Everhart

In article ,
"TURTLE" wrote:
I use that 2-4-D to kill anything and including trees but I have not heard of
2-4-5-T . I can't see this stuff getting any better than the regular 2-4-D
stuff. Do they sell this 2-4-5-T stuff where they sell 2-4-D stuff ?
TURTLE

Where do I buy 2-4-D?
I want some now.
Harry
TURTLE

wrote:

I know this is the wrong group - but I like the answers on here better.

My wife was gardening last week and now has poison ivy over her.

The yard in our new Florida home is big and wooded and full of this
stuff.

How would you get rid of it? Wife loves to work in the yard.

Harry

I've heard lots of horror stories on the home owner destroying
valuable landscape when spraying for poison ivy (or any weed using
weed killer).

Best (for you) to remove it by hand. But if you must use chemicals,
then I'd recommend you use a brush or rag to wipe it on the suspect
leaves.

JimL

This is Turtle.

I have found to remove it and haul it off is the best to get rid of it. then
spray 2-4-D on the Root that is left. i done this about 5 years ago and had to
make a round out in the back area to see just now and there is 2 strings back
there now.

Disclaimer here --- Don't do any of this below for I don't say to do this at
all.

Now you said to just pull it up and get rid of it. Well I will tell you
something about poison oak and ivy stuff to make this stuff have no effect on
you at all for life. The Old Timers would take all their kids and give them 3
red berrys from the Poison oak 1 day and then 3 red berrys the second day, and
then 3 red berrys the 3 day. Then wait 10 days and you can take a bath is poison
oak or ivy for life and have no effect on you at all. At the age of 14 I could
just walk near it and I would break out head to toe. My Grand father give me the
treatment at that time and i take Poison oak and ivy off condenser unit all
summer and just use my bear hands and nothing else. I can not say why or how
this works but my grandfather worked as a Log hauler and a steam engine Operator
with flate cars in the early 1900's and poison ivy and oak was a big problem to
get workers off work. They would do this and never have to deal with poison oak
or ivy again. Just a thought here.

TURTLE

SJF

"TURTLE" wrote:
I use that 2-4-D to kill anything and including trees but I have not

heard of
2-4-5-T . I can't see this stuff getting any better than the regular

2-4-D
stuff. Do they sell this 2-4-5-T stuff where they sell 2-4-D stuff ?
TURTLE

Where do I buy 2-4-D?
I want some now.
Harry

Go to hardware store or garden supply store. Look for lawn weed killers.
Weed-No-More is a common brand. Check the ingredients, generally shown on
the front label. If you see "2,4-D" there, you have it. Usually, there
will be some other compounds listed to broaden the product's effectiveness.
It used to be that you could buy straight 2,4-D or 2,4,5-T solutions but I
haven't seen this in stores in recent years. Perhaps in farm supply stores.
Doubt you need it straight anyway.

The 2,4,5-T was, as I recall sold as brush killer, supposed to be more
effective on the more resistant woody plants -- hence, possibly better for
poison ivy. To find products likely to contain it, shop for "brush
ler. --- SJF

Doug Miller

In article , "TURTLE" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. com...
In article , Harry
Everhart wrote:
[...]

Very similar chemical, but more potent. Yes, sold in the same places - in
fact, sometimes in the same product. Last time I checked, Ortho Weed-B-Gone
was a blend of 2,4,5-T and 2,4-D.

--
Regards,

Duane Bozarth

Harry Everhart wrote:

In article ,
"TURTLE" wrote:
I use that 2-4-D to kill anything and including trees but I have not heard of
2-4-5-T . I can't see this stuff getting any better than the regular 2-4-D
stuff. Do they sell this 2-4-5-T stuff where they sell 2-4-D stuff ?
TURTLE

Where do I buy 2-4-D?
I want some now.
Harry

Any Borq lawn will almost certainly carry Ortho or other homeowner
brands/concentrations. Ag supply places will probably be cheaper and
have wider range (although you may not be able to buy many w/o
applicator license depending on state). 2,4,5-T is one of those that
may well be restricted, I'm not sure. I've an ag applicator cert so
don't which of the many old standbys that have more recently become
restricted.

Obviously, pay attention to labels and wear appropriate gear (mainly
gloves and glasses to protect from spills/splashes while mixing,
although don't go spraying it around where you're misting yourself,
either.... )

Duane Bozarth

Doug Miller wrote:
Very similar chemical, but more potent. Yes, sold in the same places - in
fact, sometimes in the same product. Last time I checked, Ortho Weed-B-Gone
was a blend of 2,4,5-T and 2,4-D.

I knew at one time it was, but wasn't positive it 2,4,5-T was still on
the unrestricted list.
William W. Plummer

I use that 2-4-D to kill anything and including trees but I have not heard of
2-4-5-T . I can't see this stuff getting any better than the regular 2-4-D
stuff. Do they sell this 2-4-5-T stuff where they sell 2-4-D stuff ?

The use of 2,4,5-T in the United States has been cancelled since 1985.
Some or all applications may be classified by the USEPA as Restricted
Use Pesticides.

See http://www.speclab.com/compound/c93765.htm
Bob S.

?

The use of 2,4,5-T in the United States has been cancelled since

1985.
Some or all applications may be classified by the USEPA as

Restricted
Use Pesticides.

See http://www.speclab.com/compound/c93765.htm

Note the following:
"Agent Orange was a 50-50 mix of two chemicals, known conventionally
as 2,4,D and 2,4,5,T. The combined product was mixed with kerosene or
diesel fuel and dispersed by aircraft, vehicle, and hand spraying. An
estimated 19 million gallons of Agent Orange were used in South Vietnam
during the war."

It was a great herbicide, but we all know how vets got physically
screwed up by using it. IIRC, 2,4,5,T was the key "bad boy" in the mix
and that is why it's use was restricted, then banned.

Years ago I had a neighbor who sprayed his yard for weeds with "a
herbicide he brought back from Viet Nam." He didn't have a green
anything in his yard for 5 years!

Bob S.

Doug Miller

In article . com, "Bob S." wrote:

Note the following:
"Agent Orange was a 50-50 mix of two chemicals, known conventionally
as 2,4,D and 2,4,5,T. The combined product was mixed with kerosene or
diesel fuel and dispersed by aircraft, vehicle, and hand spraying. An
estimated 19 million gallons of Agent Orange were used in South Vietnam
during the war."

I thought the biggest problem with exposure to Agent Orange was the traces of
dioxin present as an impurity.

--
Regards,

Alan

"m Ransley" wrote in message
It can be a bad job first you need to be sure what it is, it could be
poison oak or sumac if they are local and identify all the plants.
Poison Ivy has many variants, even vine can intermingle with ground
plant species. But "leaves of Three beware of thee" is a good starting
and caution point. You can kill it with a weed killer but the leaves can
have active poison-oils for 1 year. even on tools. I Kill it with
stroner roundup concentrations but then remove all of it. Don`t burn it
and be down wind it got into my system for 1 + yr that way. Nothing
helped. Wash tools , shoes and all clothes infected from area as
reinfection can occur for 1 yr from the oil , washing hands within 15
min after exposure can realy help. Watch your pets they can bring it
home.

NEVER NEVER NEVER burn poison ivy. Great- you're not downwind. How about
everyone else? Also, the oil can remain active for years- even decades.

Alan

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
I know this is the wrong group - but I like the answers on here better.

My wife was gardening last week and now has poison ivy over her.

The yard in our new Florida home is big and wooded and full of this
stuff.

How would you get rid of it? Wife loves to work in the yard.

Harry

Killing it is not enough- it must be removed by the roots. I hire someone
else to do it, but if you can't, follow this link:

http://www.whyy.org/91FM/ybyg/poisonivy.html

Scroll down the page. There is a 7 step procedure.

BTW, the advice in other messages is full of errors. For example, the oil is
water-soluble, not water repellant. Don't use soap (at first- see the link).
Don't EVER burn poison ivy.

Good luck!

Duane Bozarth

Doug Miller wrote:
I thought the biggest problem with exposure to Agent Orange was the traces of
dioxin present as an impurity.

My understanding as well...
Duane Bozarth

"Bob S." wrote:
Years ago I had a neighbor who sprayed his yard for weeds with "a
herbicide he brought back from Viet Nam." He didn't have a green
anything in his yard for 5 years!

Wasn't 2,4-D or 2,4,5-T then. Both are broadleaf selective and they
breakdown in the soil or water within 2-3 weeks at most. Found the
following quickly for 2,4,5-T and my recollection is 2,4-D is similar in
nature.

"Fate
2,4,5-T on the soil may be degraded chemically or biologically,
volatilized, absorbed in the soil, or leached beyond the depth of plant
roots. 2,4,5-T is moderately mobile in sandy and clay soils. Half-life
on grass is 8-17 days, in soils 21-24 days. Normally, only small
amounts enter water, where it does not persist as it is absorbed by clay
or biota within a few days,. Esters of 2,4,5-T are usually hydrolysed
within a few days. There is no significant bioaccumulation."

Extracted from

Rotterdam Convention - Operation of the Prior Informed Consent
Procedure for Banned or Severely Restricted Chemicals

Decision Guidance Documents

2,4,5-T and its salts and esters

BTW, as an aside, the prime toxicological effect supporting the ban was
listed as the dioxin contaminant as another poster noted.
Duane Bozarth

Alan wrote:

Killing it is not enough- it must be removed by the roots. ...

Only if you're going to be digging around in it...if it's dead it ain't
coming after you. (That is, if it's not a gardening area, I'd not worry
about digging it out after I had killed it).
Bob S.

Doug Miller wrote:
In article . com,

"Bob S." wrote:

Note the following:
"Agent Orange was a 50-50 mix of two chemicals, known

conventionally
as 2,4,D and 2,4,5,T. The combined product was mixed with kerosene

or
diesel fuel and dispersed by aircraft, vehicle, and hand spraying.

An
estimated 19 million gallons of Agent Orange were used in South

Vietnam
during the war."

I thought the biggest problem with exposure to Agent Orange was the

traces of
dioxin present as an impurity.

Some (i.e. the manfacturer) say the dioxin was an impurity. Other's
say it is the 2,4,5,T itself, or at least a by-product of the
manufacturing process.

"Army scientists found that by mixing 2,4-D and
2,4,5-trichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4,5-T) and spraying it on plants,
there would be an almost immediate negative effect on the foliage. What
they didn't realize, or chose to ignore, was that **2,4,5-T contained
dioxin,** a useless by-product of herbicide production. It would be
twenty more years until concern was raised about dioxin, a chemical the
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) would later call "one of the most
perplexing and potentially dangerous" known to man."

Bob S.

Allergic Reaction to Cocobolo Barry N. Turner Woodturning 29 April 19th 05 05:20 AM
[A bit OT] Killing Rats Vortex UK diy 102 February 25th 05 12:04 PM
Trapping attic mice amidst blown-in insulation Good Music Home Repair 15 December 3rd 04 01:57 PM
Poison Ivy Kirk Woodturning 37 January 31st 04 09:12 AM
Poison it! John Ings Metalworking 1 November 21st 03 08:38 PM