SJF

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
In article ,
"TURTLE" wrote:
I use that 2-4-D to kill anything and including trees but I have not

heard of
2-4-5-T . I can't see this stuff getting any better than the regular

2-4-D
stuff. Do they sell this 2-4-5-T stuff where they sell 2-4-D stuff ?
TURTLE

Where do I buy 2-4-D?
I want some now.
Harry

Go to hardware store or garden supply store. Look for lawn weed killers.
Weed-No-More is a common brand. Check the ingredients, generally shown on
the front label. If you see "2,4-D" there, you have it. Usually, there
will be some other compounds listed to broaden the product's effectiveness.
It used to be that you could buy straight 2,4-D or 2,4,5-T solutions but I
haven't seen this in stores in recent years. Perhaps in farm supply stores.
Doubt you need it straight anyway.

The 2,4,5-T was, as I recall sold as brush killer, supposed to be more
effective on the more resistant woody plants -- hence, possibly better for
poison ivy. To find products likely to contain it, shop for "brush
ler. --- SJF