TURTLE

"Fred" wrote in message
On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 12:42:37 -0400, Harry Everhart
wrote:

I know this is the wrong group - but I like the answers on here better.

My wife was gardening last week and now has poison ivy over her.

The yard in our new Florida home is big and wooded and full of this
stuff.

How would you get rid of it? Wife loves to work in the yard.

Harry

I've heard lots of horror stories on the home owner destroying
valuable landscape when spraying for poison ivy (or any weed using
weed killer).

Best (for you) to remove it by hand. But if you must use chemicals,
then I'd recommend you use a brush or rag to wipe it on the suspect
leaves.

JimL

This is Turtle.

I have found to remove it and haul it off is the best to get rid of it. then
spray 2-4-D on the Root that is left. i done this about 5 years ago and had to
make a round out in the back area to see just now and there is 2 strings back
there now.

Disclaimer here --- Don't do any of this below for I don't say to do this at
all.

Now you said to just pull it up and get rid of it. Well I will tell you
something about poison oak and ivy stuff to make this stuff have no effect on
you at all for life. The Old Timers would take all their kids and give them 3
red berrys from the Poison oak 1 day and then 3 red berrys the second day, and
then 3 red berrys the 3 day. Then wait 10 days and you can take a bath is poison
oak or ivy for life and have no effect on you at all. At the age of 14 I could
just walk near it and I would break out head to toe. My Grand father give me the
treatment at that time and i take Poison oak and ivy off condenser unit all
summer and just use my bear hands and nothing else. I can not say why or how
this works but my grandfather worked as a Log hauler and a steam engine Operator
with flate cars in the early 1900's and poison ivy and oak was a big problem to
get workers off work. They would do this and never have to deal with poison oak
or ivy again. Just a thought here.

TURTLE