Doug Miller

In article , "TURTLE" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. com...
In article , Harry
Everhart wrote:
I know this is the wrong group - but I like the answers on here better.

My wife was gardening last week and now has poison ivy over her.

The yard in our new Florida home is big and wooded and full of this
stuff.

How would you get rid of it? Wife loves to work in the yard.

Spray it with a herbicide that kills poison ivy. Anything that contains 2,4-D
or 2,4,5-T will kill it deader than a doorknob and quicker than a train. Any
garden center, home center, or hardware store will have what you need. You

can
probably find it at a place like Wal-Mart or Meijer.

This is Turtle.

I use that 2-4-D to kill anything and including trees but I have not heard of
2-4-5-T . I can't see this stuff getting any better than the regular 2-4-D
stuff. Do they sell this 2-4-5-T stuff where they sell 2-4-D stuff ?

Very similar chemical, but more potent. Yes, sold in the same places - in
fact, sometimes in the same product. Last time I checked, Ortho Weed-B-Gone
was a blend of 2,4,5-T and 2,4-D.

--
Regards,