Duane Bozarth

Chris Lewis wrote:

According to Duane Bozarth :
Chris Lewis wrote:

According to Fred :
I've heard lots of horror stories on the home owner destroying
valuable landscape when spraying for poison ivy (or any weed using
weed killer).

With a pinpoint sprayer and no cross-breeze, roundup is pretty
selective.

Roundup is not selective at all...what you're describing is applying
it only to the undesired foliage.

Right, by "selective" I specifically meant applying it only to the
undesired foliage. But that's obviously poor word selection ;-)

Roundup has this characteristic where it inerts itself in contact
with the dirt, so, provided you don't actually zap a desired plant,
you won't get cross-over from a neighbor.

Yes, Roundup is not a systemic...

I was particularly sensitive to the word "selective" having watched the
patently stupid Ortho commercial over and over and ... during the NCAA
tournament. The one where the "ordinary" brand kills the grass as well
as the dandelions as if the magic of 2,4-D (the active ingredient in
Weed-B-Gone) was a new and wonderful invention...