William W. Plummer

m Ransley wrote:

It can be a bad job first you need to be sure what it is, it could be
poison oak or sumac if they are local and identify all the plants.
Poison Ivy has many variants, even vine can intermingle with ground
plant species. But "leaves of Three beware of thee" is a good starting
and caution point. You can kill it with a weed killer but the leaves can
have active poison-oils for 1 year. even on tools. I Kill it with
stroner roundup concentrations but then remove all of it. Don`t burn it
and be down wind it got into my system for 1 + yr that way. Nothing
helped. Wash tools , shoes and all clothes infected from area as
reinfection can occur for 1 yr from the oil , washing hands within 15
min after exposure can realy help. Watch your pets they can bring it
home.

The question was "how do I kill poison ivy". "How do I get rid of dead
poison ivy" is a different issue. How to wash and protect yourself is
yet another.