Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

Default Sam's eBay Horror Story #1

"Arfa Daily" wrote in
:

I mailed the real bank customer service department to inform them that
someone had managed to hijack their primary domain. I went to a lot of
trouble to point out that this was not your usual phishing mail, and was

Reminds me of an experience I had. At my work I received an email
for someone inquiring about our service. I dutifully replied with
the requested information. I then get a request wanting to know
how much it would be for 6 months advance payment. I again replied
with the numbers. The next email from them was with a name, address,
CC number and all the info I'd need to run the card with a request
to do so. Thing is, we require a contract for our services that
can only be filled out in person. I explained this to the emailer.
They're reply was to insist that "this is very easy for you to do.
Just run the card." This confirmed my suspicion that it was a known
scam for my line of work.

Anyway, now to the good part. Realizing this person was trying to
use stolen information, I tried calling Visa to report it. Just
a bunch of droids. Eventually I did get to someone in their security
department that told me is was a bank card issued by Washington
Mutual. So I called them. More droids. At one point I had to hang
up on one guy because I could barely hear him and his accent was so
thick I don't think it would have mattered if I could hear him.

So finally, about an hour into this exercise of being bounced back
and forth between departments, I get a hold of someone to give the
card info to. I _COULD NOT_ get them to understand that I was
trying to report a card that was being used fraudulently and that
they needed to contact the owner to let them know. Further more,
they wanted _MY_ personal information.

So, here I was, trying to be the nice guy to report a stolen card
so the owner doesn't have his account wiped out. HA!!!! Good luck!!

Perhaps I should have just Googled the card owner and called them
myself. Probably would have taken all of five minutes.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 10, 1:05*am, Skywise wrote:
"Arfa Daily" wrote :

[...]

--http://www.skywise711.com- Lasers, Seismology, Astronomy, Skepticism
Seismic FAQ:http://www.skywise711.com/SeismicFAQ/SeismicFAQ.html
Quake "predictions":http://www.skywise711.com/quakes/EQDB/index.html
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

The best method is to report such credit card fraud to the FBI. They
are usually very interested and have the resources to cross check your
information against other similar cases. (I have also unsuccessfully
reported fraud to the credit card company. They generally look at
such losses as just part of doing business.)
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

"Helpful person" wrote in message
[...]

LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL

Hi Sam,

Check with the students from U of Penn dept. of Criminal Psychology
computer workshop ( I'll bet the original message came from there )...

--
Thanks,
Timelord
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

Jeff Liebermann writes:

They *DONT* give the number to "just anyone".

"Except you".

So they're saying you *ARE* "just anyone". The one special just-anyone
that they give the number to.

Which is also a lie: I got the same email, so there's at least two of us
one-of-a-kind just-anyones.

And yes, my copy did come from eBay, not a phisher.
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
Louis Boyd writes:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On 06 Jun 2008 22:40:43 -0400, Sam Goldwasser
wrote:

I will be updating this as it plays out. I expect the outcome to be
satisfactory, but the route it's taking is like one of those nightmares
where you're trapped on a 15 dimensional mobius strip.
You may soon have another way to contact and possibly yell at eBay.
They just sent me an "invitation" email annoucing:
Coming June 16: eBay Phone Support
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We don't give our number to just anyone (except you)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Get access to eBay Phone Support:
Only invited members like you will be able to call our new number.
To access this faster service, you'll need to set up a PIN in My
eBay. Also be sure to add your current phone number to your profile.
Then, you'll be all set to go on June 16.
For some unknown reason, I guess it's a big secret. If you didn't
get
an "invitation" I guess you're on eBay black list. My guess(tm) is
that I'll end up talking to a humanoid robot, reading from a script,
and talking in boilerplate. Kinda like a verbal version of your email
exchange with eBay support.

I got that same email. I assumed it was another fraud scheme and
erased it. I only respond to ebay messages which come up on "my
ebay" after I've logged in to ebay. I NEVER to messages sent by email
if they have any "click buttons" to redirect or download information.
Anyone can send email and make it look like it came from any URL by
name or IP number. Yes, ebay security sucks, but it's probably no
worse than shopping at the average mall. You can get pickpocketed
there too.
That said I only buy on ebay and have over 1000 transaction. So far
I've saved a lot more than I lost on a few bum deals. I the seller
says "untested" or "as is" you can be sure equipment is junk.

Actually, I've had rather good experience with "untested" and "as-is".

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above
is
ignored unless my full name AND either lasers or electronics is included
in the

You Know,
Sam you wont make a good law enforcement officer, Please consider don't
join
the police,fire,rescue,FBI,CIA because criminals would run riot
--
Thanks,
Timelord
Charlie's Place BBS, Newsgroups - Games - Files - Gifs
--- Synchronet 3.14a-Win32 NewsLink 2.03
Charlie's Place BBS - http://cpbbs.synchro.net:8080 - telnet://cpbbs.synchro.net.16:8023 - ftp://cpbbs.synchro.net:8021/00index.html

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

I have been a member in good standing with eBay since 1999. As readers
of Sam's Laser FAQ are probably aware, I have acquired a large number of
lasers and related items on eBay, most at bargain basement prices. All in
all I have been very satisfied with the eBay experience. Until now.

For a blow-by-blow saga of what I'm experiencing now, please go to

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/ebayhorror1.htm

I will be updating this as it plays out. I expect the outcome to be
satisfactory, but the route it's taking is like one of those nightmares
where you're trapped on a 15 dimensional mobius strip.

Comments welcome!

A Stockholder, and Merchant, Loses Confidence in eBay
http://seekingalpha.com/article/8135...idence-in-ebay
(Small eBay seller had his account (with over 400 positive feedbacks)
suspended because of one negative feedback.)

A new test case of the DMCA--this time over an eBay auction
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10787_3-9949976-60.html
(Totally bogus accusation against eBay seller -- eBay suspends him.)

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

[...]

And all my friends wonder why I highly recommend not doing ANY business via
or with E-Bay!!
Seen and heard too many horror stories that eventually cost many people a
lot of money and confidence.

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

"Art" wrote in message
news

wrote in message

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

[...]

On the whole, up until now, I don't honestly believe that there has been any
real problem with e-Bay or its user community. I know many people who have
been both buying and selling regularly on there from the start, who have had
no problems at all. I have bought quite a lot of stuff over the years, and I
have had one problem with a very slow shipment, and one where a shipment
never arrived at all. Probably a total of about eight quid lost.

If you were to ask anyone about their buying experiences from anywhere, they
would all have a story or two. Just last week, I bought some new kitchen
stuff from a large UK DIY warehouse. Despite going over it with the salesman
several times, the first item off the truck, when it was delivered, was
wrong. It took probably an hour's worth of phone calls and wasted time to
sort this out. As bad or worse than an e-Bay experience ? Not really any
different, I think ...

At the end of the day, e-Bay are a business, and they are not going to
deliberately do anything to **** their customers / users off. The business
has evolved and grown over the years, and anyone who is in business and
understands business, will appreciate that what works when an enterprise is
small, often doesn't when it is bigger. It becomes necessary to alter
business strategies, and there are bound to be things that people have
gotten used to, that they don't like the repalcements for. Sometimes, what
seems like a good idea at the time, doesn't work out, so something else has
to be tried, or even a return to the previous system is called for.
Sometimes, it's down to a change of ownership, or even management. Not all
'managers' are actually qualified to manage. The current changes to payment
methods, and the apparent mismanagement of exemplary users' accounts, may
just be down to some inept department head, who sooner or later, will be
'discovered' ...

In the meantime, I think it is a bit premature to be writing off what has
been - and probably still is - a fundamentally honest and successful
business, because it's currently having a few problems, or is doing
something which you (at the moment) don't agree with.

Arfa

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

With literally millions of sellers and buyers, it's hard to keep everyone
honest. They are so obcessed with security that everyone is guilty until proven
innocent, and then there is no explanation. And the entire issue of changes
to the feedback system and of cloaking user IDs would seem to be counter-
productive to anyone outside the system.

Perhaps this is just a matter of eBay having grown so big so fast, but it
also seems to be an issue of being unwilling to put the effort and expense
into developing proper customer service. Just because they are an on-line
company (as their blurb puts it) is no excuse not to have a means of direct
customer contact via phone. Businesses can't afford to wait 24 or 48 hours
to get a response via email, and then another 24 or 48 hours for their
response to be read, and then not by the same person!

"Arfa Daily" writes:

"Art" wrote in message
news

wrote in message

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

"me" wrote in message

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

[...]

You know Me,

Changing mailing addresses does not help.
Just what is it you bought from Ebay that caused all of this anyway???
--
Thanks,
Timelord
Charlie's Place BBS, Newsgroups - Games - Files - Gifs
--- Synchronet 3.14a-Win32 NewsLink 2.03
Charlie's Place BBS - http://cpbbs.synchro.net:8080 - telnet://cpbbs.synchro.net.16:8023 - ftp://cpbbs.synchro.net:8021/00index.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:

At the end of the day, e-Bay are a business, and they are not going to
deliberately do anything to **** their customers / users off.

Presently, however, I'm beginning to doubt that.

The current changes to payment
methods, and the apparent mismanagement of exemplary users' accounts, may
just be down to some inept department head, who sooner or later, will be
'discovered' ...

Were I a manager at eBay, I'd do regular sales and buys myself
to see firsthand, what a customers situation is.

it is a bit premature to be writing off what has
been - and probably still is - a fundamentally honest and successful
business,

Imho should we distinguish here between
- sellers and buyers, and
- eBay management.
The businesses success is largely due to sellers and buyers,
and perhaps it came in spite of eBays management :-).

because it's currently having a few problems, or is doing
something which you (at the moment) don't agree with.

The problems may imho be accounted to a management, which
is trying out things just because they can be tried out. If they'd
instead tend to their core business, namely to cultivate a market
place and transparency, rather than to act as court, judge, sheriff,
legislator, bank and what not else, the number of problems could
probably be minimized easily.

Regards,
H.

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

[...]

"Arfa Daily" writes:

"Art" wrote in message
news

wrote in message

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

[...]

I hate to say this Sam but you still have a lot to learn about Ebay, Most
people
still get bounced for the infighting that goes on behind the big doors at
Ebay
and not on any real complaint. I suggest that you log onto the sellers blogs
at Bay and take a look at what really goes on. Only then will you get a look
behind the door...

--
Thanks,
Timelord
Charlie's Place BBS, Newsgroups - Games - Files - Gifs
--- Synchronet 3.14a-Win32 NewsLink 2.03
Charlie's Place BBS - http://cpbbs.synchro.net:8080 - telnet://cpbbs.synchro.net.16:8023 - ftp://cpbbs.synchro.net:8021/00index.html
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

I will be updating this as it plays out. I expect the outcome to be
satisfactory, but the route it's taking is like one of those nightmares
where you're trapped on a 15 dimensional mobius strip.

Just be happy that you aren't trapped in a Klein bottle!

From http://kleinbottle.com perhaps?

--
A host is a host from coast to
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

So you've figured out:

a) There are virtually no humans at eBay. There are some replicants, but
they are Eliza School of Thinking graduates.

The few humans are busy giving rosy PR briefings and telling Wall Street
how wonderful things will be next quarter.

b) You're always at fault.

c) If not true, GOTO b).

d) For more insight into dealing with eBay; read Brain Aldiss's
_Who Can Replace a Man?_

--
A host is a host from coast to
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 6, 8:54*pm, Don Bowey wrote:
On 6/6/08 7:40 PM, in article , "Sam

Goldwasser" wrote:
I have been a member in good standing with eBay since 1999. *As readers
of Sam's Laser FAQ are probably aware, I have acquired a large number of
lasers and related items on eBay, most at bargain basement prices. *All in
all I have been very satisfied with the eBay experience. *Until now.

For a blow-by-blow saga of what I'm experiencing now, please go to

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/ebayhorror1.htm

I will be updating this as it plays out. *I expect the outcome to be
satisfactory, but the route it's taking is like one of those nightmares
where you're trapped on a 15 dimensional mobius strip.

Comments welcome!

I've not had a problem of that kind with the idiots, but I have attempted to
do a problem resolution with them and find them useless droids.

To minimize contact with them I even quit using Paypal, as they wanted too
much personal information such as checking account, etc. *I don't trust them
and never will.

Were I you, I'd talk with my attorney about the bad experience.

No, if you were him, he be kicked off Ebay for selling pictures of
yourself sucking dick.

Good luck; *you'll need it.;

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

Goldwasser" wrote:
[...]

Please Stephany,

Keep it clean at least. Also note I was not able to verify any of Sam's
story.
You see the letter from Ebay does not appear valid. ( The original
complaint is not there ).
It does not seem like one of the in fights ongoing inside Ebay.
--
Thanks,
Timelord
Charlie's Place BBS, Newsgroups - Games - Files - Gifs
--- Synchronet 3.14a-Win32 NewsLink 2.03
Charlie's Place BBS - http://cpbbs.synchro.net:8080 - telnet://cpbbs.synchro.net.16:8023 - ftp://cpbbs.synchro.net:8021/00index.html
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

Goldwasser" wrote:
[...]

What is your problem? The letter came via the ebay internal mail
system as well as to my email address. I was temporarily kicked off
eBay at the same time and my bids were cancelled. What more proof
do you need? Wbo initiated it? I still have no idea.

If someone hijacked the eBay system and somehow forged the headers both
inside eBay and to the external email address, sure I guess that's possible.
But they also had to cancel the auctions and suspend my ID.

So, what do you think happened?

Or is it simply you don't believe anything I've said? That I can't
help you with.

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

Goldwasser" wrote:
[...]

What is your problem? *

What is his problem? He wants to suck your dick.

The letter came via the ebay internal mail
system as well as to my email address. *I was temporarily kicked off
eBay at the same time and my bids were cancelled. *What more proof
do you need? *Wbo initiated it? *I still have no idea.

If someone hijacked the eBay system and somehow forged the headers both
inside eBay and to the external email address, sure I guess that's possible.
But they also had to cancel the auctions and suspend my ID.

So, what do you think happened?

Or is it simply you don't believe anything I've said? *That I can't
help you with. *

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:http://www.repairfaq.org/
*Repair | Main Table of Contents:http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/
+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lasersam.htm
* * * * | Mirror Sites:http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

subject line. *Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs..- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

Goldwasser" wrote:
[...]

**** you. Of course you couldn't verify any of Sam's story because
you're too busy day dreaming about sucking him off in the shower.

You see the *letter from Ebay does not appear valid. ( The original
complaint is not there ).
It does not seem like one of the in fights ongoing inside Ebay.
--
Thanks,
Timelord
Charlie's Place BBS, Newsgroups - Games - Files - Gifs
--- Synchronet 3.14a-Win32 NewsLink 2.03
Charlie's Place BBS -http://cpbbs.synchro.net:8080- telnet://cpbbs.synchro.net.16:8023 -ftp://cpbbs.synchro.net:8021/00index.html- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

Goldwasser" wrote:
[...]

Well I warned you not to keep this thread public or keep up the web site.
Frankly I have seen over 200 phony Ebay letters and this one looks just like
most of them.
second you did not forward a copy of the original email ( yes I can ID a
fake Ebay route ).
As for myself I do no business with them ( to many lies to much
infighting ).
I have acutely written a program to deal with them...
--
Thanks,
Timelord
Charlie's Place BBS, Newsgroups - Games - Files - Gifs
--- Synchronet 3.14a-Win32 NewsLink 2.03
Charlie's Place BBS - http://cpbbs.synchro.net:8080 - telnet://cpbbs.synchro.net.16:8023 - ftp://cpbbs.synchro.net:8021/00index.html

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

What is your problem? The letter came via the ebay internal mail
system as well as to my email address. I was temporarily kicked off
eBay at the same time and my bids were cancelled. What more proof
do you need? Wbo initiated it? I still have no idea.

If someone hijacked the eBay system and somehow forged the headers both
inside eBay and to the external email address, sure I guess that's possible.
But they also had to cancel the auctions and suspend my ID.

So, what do you think happened?

Or is it simply you don't believe anything I've said? That I can't
help you with.

Don't let it bother you; it is just human nature. We judge things
by our own experiences. If, say, 90% of ebay customers have no
problems and 10% get screwed, those in the 90% naturally tend to
dismiss claims by the 10%. Your story is credible and matches the
stories told by others in similar situations.

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

Sam Goldwasser writes:

"Timelord" -4vc-this writes:

What is your problem? The letter came via the ebay internal mail
system as well as to my email address. I was temporarily kicked off
eBay at the same time and my bids were cancelled. What more proof
do you need? Wbo initiated it? I still have no idea.

Sam, just remember there are always a few who can't be swayed by
fact and logic. If not, there'd be no Flat Earth Society.

I'm glad you have escaped eBayHell relatively uninjuried...
--
A host is a host from coast to
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

"me" wrote in message

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

[...]

There you go again sorry no Sam I repeat You did not send
the original emails so I cant judge if it is real or not...
you really need to reconsider what you are saying
--
Thanks,
Timelord
Charlie's Place BBS, Newsgroups - Games - Files - Gifs
--- Synchronet 3.14a-Win32 NewsLink 2.03
Charlie's Place BBS - http://cpbbs.synchro.net:8080 - telnet://cpbbs.synchro.net.16:8023 - ftp://cpbbs.synchro.net:8021/00index.html
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

"Timelord" -1008-this wrote:

"me" wrote in message

Don't let it bother you; it is just human nature. We judge things
by our own experiences. If, say, 90% of ebay customers have no
problems and 10% get screwed, those in the 90% naturally tend to
dismiss claims by the 10%. Your story is credible and matches the
stories told by others in similar situations.

There you go again sorry no Sam I repeat You did not send
the original emails so I cant judge if it is real or not...
you really need to reconsider what you are saying

No I don't. *You* do. He clearly stated "The letter came via
the ebay internal mail system as well as to my email address."
Unless he is just a total liar (and if he is you would be stupid
to trust any copy of an email he sent you; he could simply edit
a legit email from ebay if he is a liar) that proves that your
"it was a fake email that fooled you" theory is wrong.

It would be refreshing if you were to admit that you were wrong,
but this being the Internet I won't hold my breath.

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

"Timelord" -1008-this wrote:

"me" wrote in message

[...]

Also, anyone who knew Sam's pedigree on here, would be extremely reluctant
to believe that he would be deliberately lying over something like this, for
whatever unfathomable reasons ... :-(

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

What is it that ebay did lately if anything that makes some say ``till
lately``

I dont watch the news lately

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

wrote in message

"Timelord" -1008-this wrote:

"me" wrote in message

[...]

Sorry Arfa,
This is a conversation that should have stayed in private channels
and has nothing to do with his pedigree his original message suggest
strongly
that it was a phishing message as the format displayed was wrong, Also
this kind of message also suggest that it was intended to become the point
of
reception of a bad virus or worse. But he would not send the original
message
so I can do nothing to help. ( He ask for my help then refused it when it
was offered )
--
Thanks,
Timelord
Charlie's Place BBS, Newsgroups - Games - Files - Gifs
--- Synchronet 3.14a-Win32 NewsLink 2.03
Charlie's Place BBS - http://cpbbs.synchro.net:8080 - telnet://cpbbs.synchro.net.16:8023 - ftp://cpbbs.synchro.net:8021/00index.html
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

"Timelord" wrote in message
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

wrote in message

"Timelord" -1008-this wrote:

"me" wrote in message

[...]

P.S. BTW I am willing to put Sam's pedigree to the teat but he does not
sound willing...
--- Synchronet 3.14a-Win32 NewsLink 2.03
Charlie's Place BBS - http://cpbbs.synchro.net:8080 - telnet://cpbbs.synchro.net.16:8023 - ftp://cpbbs.synchro.net:8021/00index.html
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 1, 10:21 pm, "Timelord" -8pd-
this wrote:
"Timelord" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

wrote in message

"Timelord" -1008-this wrote:

"me" wrote in message

[...]

Timelord - how did you get involved in his Ebay horror story ? I
think I missed a few dozen posts somewhere.... Just curious.
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Timelord wrote:
snip

P.S. BTW I am willing to put Sam's pedigree to the teat but he does not
sound willing...

^

Thanks for the laugh; someone ought to compile
a collection of these.

Michael

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

"Timelord" -8pd-this wrote in message
"Timelord" wrote in message
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

wrote in message

"Timelord" -1008-this wrote:

"me" wrote in message

[...]

Well, typo aside, I'm not sure exactly what that means. Sam has posted on
Usenet, and spent enough of his own time in what has always appeared to be a
selfless manner to me, for him to not need to qualify his pedigree further
to you, or any of us. Perhaps it's just time to agree to differ. You think
he was duped, and he doesn't. His account is now working again, and
everything in the garden is rosy. Not worth falling out over. End of ?

Arfa

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

On 7/1/08 8:58 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

On Jul 1, 10:21 pm, "Timelord" -8pd-
this wrote:
"Timelord" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

wrote in message

"Timelord" -1008-this wrote:

"me" wrote in message

[...]

I just re-read his posts.

He's tried very hard to involve himself, to take control of Sam and his eBay
problem to the point of rudeness. He behaves as though he has a profit
motive, and like Paypal, he demands things he has no right to have, and is
petulant over not getting his way.

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

"Timelord" wrote in message
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

wrote in message

"Timelord" -1008-this wrote:

"me" wrote in message

[...]

I have decided to answer all of those posts at once,

First I am in this thread because I was asked ( Sam called for public help )
second No I am not being rude ( Thank you ).
Third In order to do any good Sam would have to send the original email to
me.
Fourth Frankly I have given up trying, To me it looks like Sam does not want
the help!

Well Sam,Me, Whoever you are today...
--
Thanks,
Timelord
Charlie's Place BBS, Newsgroups - Games - Files - Gifs
--- Synchronet 3.14a-Win32 NewsLink 2.03
Charlie's Place BBS - http://cpbbs.synchro.net:8080 - telnet://cpbbs.synchro.net.16:8023 - ftp://cpbbs.synchro.net:8021/00index.html
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

Timelord wrote:

Third In order to do any good Sam would have to send the
original email to me.

What part of

"He clearly stated 'The letter came via the ebay internal mail
system as well as to my email address.' Unless he is just a
total liar (and if he is you would be stupid to trust any copy
of any email he sent you; he could simply edit a legit email
from ebay if he is a liar) that proves that your 'it was a
fake email that fooled you' theory is wrong."

are you having trouble understanding?

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

"me" wrote in message

Timelord wrote:

Third In order to do any good Sam would have to send the
original email to me.

What part of

"He clearly stated 'The letter came via the ebay internal mail
system as well as to my email address.' Unless he is just a
total liar (and if he is you would be stupid to trust any copy
of any email he sent you; he could simply edit a legit email
from ebay if he is a liar) that proves that your 'it was a
fake email that fooled you' theory is wrong."

are you having trouble understanding?

Hi Sam,
As I said before The only thing that would any good was to forward
the entire email with all headdress. For tracing
Your original email suggest strongly an invasion type phashing email
And that is all I can say without seeing the original email
--
Thanks,
Timelord
Charlie's Place BBS, Newsgroups - Games - Files - Gifs
--- Synchronet 3.14a-Win32 NewsLink 2.03
Charlie's Place BBS - http://cpbbs.synchro.net:8080 - telnet://cpbbs.synchro.net.16:8023 - ftp://cpbbs.synchro.net:8021/00index.html

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

Timelord wrote:

As I said before The only thing that would any good was to forward
the entire email with all headdress. For tracing
Your original email suggest strongly an invasion type phashing email
And that is all I can say without seeing the original email

So you are saying that Sam is too stupid to read the headers and
check the IP address? You need a glass belly button, and a new tinfoil
hat.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Timelord wrote:

As I said before The only thing that would any good was to forward
the entire email with all headdress. For tracing
Your original email suggest strongly an invasion type phashing email
And that is all I can say without seeing the original email

So you are saying that Sam is too stupid to read the headers and
check the IP address? You need a glass belly button, and a new tinfoil
hat.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.

Michael,
You really need to stay out of this conversation altogether...
leave this one to same and I!
--
Thanks,
Timelord
Charlie's Place BBS, Newsgroups - Games - Files - Gifs
--- Synchronet 3.14a-Win32 NewsLink 2.03
Charlie's Place BBS - http://cpbbs.synchro.net:8080 - telnet://cpbbs.synchro.net.16:8023 - ftp://cpbbs.synchro.net:8021/00index.html
Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

Timelord wrote:

"me" wrote...

Timelord wrote:

Third In order to do any good Sam would have to send the
original email to me.

What part of

"He clearly stated 'The letter came via the ebay internal mail
system as well as to my email address.' Unless he is just a
total liar (and if he is you would be stupid to trust any copy
of any email he sent you; he could simply edit a legit email
from ebay if he is a liar) this proves that your 'it was a
fake email that fooled you' theory is wrong."

are you having trouble understanding?

Hi Sam,

Who is sam?

[...]

Moron.

Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

"me" wrote in message

Timelord wrote:

"me" wrote...

Timelord wrote:

Third In order to do any good Sam would have to send the
original email to me.

What part of

"He clearly stated 'The letter came via the ebay internal mail
system as well as to my email address.' Unless he is just a
total liar (and if he is you would be stupid to trust any copy
of any email he sent you; he could simply edit a legit email
from ebay if he is a liar) this proves that your 'it was a
fake email that fooled you' theory is wrong."

are you having trouble understanding?

Hi Sam,

Moron.

Unfortunately for you I do understand quite well ( I write Internet security
programs in my spare time ) This is the third time I have heard this story.
In the previous 2 both were Phishing emails sent by Sync-Spoof process.
and it takes a very good eye to tell. It has bin my experience that Ebay
will not admit that things like go on anywhere in the world. How ever
this particular spoof is call the Russian Ebay Con Job. And you have sent me
no information
to the contrary. Thus the conversation must end. I can find no reason to
continue this.It is
very unreasonable sort of thing... Goodbye

a true horror story HankC Home Repair 14 May 28th 06 12:26 AM
Hard drive horror story X2 RM Electronics Repair 14 September 8th 04 03:57 AM
Just seen another horror story Mike Mitchell UK diy 85 August 12th 03 10:48 PM
New Pool Horror Story Monica Butler Home Repair 3 July 3rd 03 05:42 AM
Backup Sump Pump Horror Story Harvey Krodin Home Repair 10 June 27th 03 02:59 PM