Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair
Timelord Timelord is offline

Default Sam's eBay Horror Story #1

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"Timelord" -4vc-this writes:

"Stephany Alexander" wrote in message
On Jun 6, 8:54 pm, Don Bowey wrote:
On 6/6/08 7:40 PM, in article , "Sam

Goldwasser" wrote:
I have been a member in good standing with eBay since 1999. As
readers
of Sam's Laser FAQ are probably aware, I have acquired a large number
of
lasers and related items on eBay, most at bargain basement prices.
All
in
all I have been very satisfied with the eBay experience. Until now.

For a blow-by-blow saga of what I'm experiencing now, please go to

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/ebayhorror1.htm

I will be updating this as it plays out. I expect the outcome to be
satisfactory, but the route it's taking is like one of those
nightmares
where you're trapped on a 15 dimensional mobius strip.

Comments welcome!

I've not had a problem of that kind with the idiots, but I have
attempted
do a problem resolution with them and find them useless droids.

To minimize contact with them I even quit using Paypal, as they wanted
too
much personal information such as checking account, etc. I don't trust
them
and never will.

Were I you, I'd talk with my attorney about the bad experience.

No, if you were him, he be kicked off Ebay for selling pictures of
yourself sucking dick.

Good luck; you'll need it.;

Please Stephany,

Keep it clean at least. Also note I was not able to verify any of Sam's
story.

You see the letter from Ebay does not appear valid. ( The original
complaint is not there ).
It does not seem like one of the in fights ongoing inside Ebay.

What is your problem? The letter came via the ebay internal mail
system as well as to my email address. I was temporarily kicked off
eBay at the same time and my bids were cancelled. What more proof
do you need? Wbo initiated it? I still have no idea.

If someone hijacked the eBay system and somehow forged the headers both
inside eBay and to the external email address, sure I guess that's
possible.
But they also had to cancel the auctions and suspend my ID.

So, what do you think happened?

Or is it simply you don't believe anything I've said? That I can't
help you with.

Well I warned you not to keep this thread public or keep up the web site.
Frankly I have seen over 200 phony Ebay letters and this one looks just like
most of them.
second you did not forward a copy of the original email ( yes I can ID a
fake Ebay route ).
As for myself I do no business with them ( to many lies to much
infighting ).
I have acutely written a program to deal with them...
--
Thanks,
Timelord