Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] me@privacy.net is offline

Default Sam's eBay Horror Story #1

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

I have been a member in good standing with eBay since 1999. As readers
of Sam's Laser FAQ are probably aware, I have acquired a large number of
lasers and related items on eBay, most at bargain basement prices. All in
all I have been very satisfied with the eBay experience. Until now.

For a blow-by-blow saga of what I'm experiencing now, please go to

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/ebayhorror1.htm

I will be updating this as it plays out. I expect the outcome to be
satisfactory, but the route it's taking is like one of those nightmares
where you're trapped on a 15 dimensional mobius strip.

Comments welcome!

A Stockholder, and Merchant, Loses Confidence in eBay
http://seekingalpha.com/article/8135...idence-in-ebay
(Small eBay seller had his account (with over 400 positive feedbacks)
suspended because of one negative feedback.)

A new test case of the DMCA--this time over an eBay auction
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10787_3-9949976-60.html
(Totally bogus accusation against eBay seller -- eBay suspends him.)