Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Heinz Schmitz Heinz Schmitz is offline

Default Sam's eBay Horror Story #1

Arfa Daily wrote:

At the end of the day, e-Bay are a business, and they are not going to
deliberately do anything to **** their customers / users off.

Presently, however, I'm beginning to doubt that.

The current changes to payment
methods, and the apparent mismanagement of exemplary users' accounts, may
just be down to some inept department head, who sooner or later, will be
'discovered' ...

Were I a manager at eBay, I'd do regular sales and buys myself
to see firsthand, what a customers situation is.

it is a bit premature to be writing off what has
been - and probably still is - a fundamentally honest and successful
business,

Imho should we distinguish here between
- sellers and buyers, and
- eBay management.
The businesses success is largely due to sellers and buyers,
and perhaps it came in spite of eBays management :-).

because it's currently having a few problems, or is doing
something which you (at the moment) don't agree with.

The problems may imho be accounted to a management, which
is trying out things just because they can be tried out. If they'd
instead tend to their core business, namely to cultivate a market
place and transparency, rather than to act as court, judge, sheriff,
legislator, bank and what not else, the number of problems could
probably be minimized easily.

Regards,
H.