Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default Village Idiot of Today

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Jamie wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

John D Dingell (D-MI15), take note that he's Congressman from MICHIGAN

is proposing a 50¢/gallon additional tax on gasoline.

He's also partner to a proposal to do away with the mortgage interest
deduction on your house if its size is above 3000 sq.ft.

Mortgage? What is this thing you speak of called mortgage?

How do you get a deduction on 0% interest?

Is that anything like

0V +/- 2%

Sigh. No, it means that *every* penny I pay on my mortgage is to
repay the principal. What part of a ZERO interest rate don't you get?

Are you hinting the taxpayers are paying the interest on your loan?
Mike

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"Fred Bloggs" wrote in message

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:00:41 -0400, Fred Bloggs
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

John D Dingell (D-MI15), take note that he's Congressman from MICHIGAN

is proposing a 50¢/gallon additional tax on gasoline.

Yeah, even that would be a small down payment on the cost of the US
military intervention that inevitably will be needed to secure the middle
east oil producers such as Saudi Arabia. After the US withdraws

from Iraq, in failure, the whole region is going up in flames.

He's also partner to a proposal to do away with the mortgage interest
deduction on your house if its size is above 3000 sq.ft.

Right, that's another good move. Those particular owners do not pay a
proportionate fair share of the infrastructural support subsidized by
government entities.

Oh, really? I pay around $8K per year in property taxes. Is that not
"proportionate", or do you think you have a right to STEAL even more?

STEAL is the appropriate word to use when referring to Republican party
controlled government. Now if you had a more humane and progressive
Democrat control, they are known to roll off property taxes for the
elderly.

I never have figured out why the elderly get tax breaks and senior
citizen discounts. They have had 40 years to save there money!
Mike

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

The tax breaks will be income qualified, and the program is designed to
help them maintain their independence on a fixed income. This is better
for everyone all around.
Senior citizen discounts from the commercial sector are largely a ripoff.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 20:11:11 UTC, Jim Thompson
wrote:

John D Dingell (D-MI15), take note that he's Congressman from MICHIGAN

is proposing a 50½/gallon additional tax on gasoline.

So how much tax do you currently pay on gasoline? In the UK price is
about 0.95 GBP per litre which I suppose equates to around $6.50 per
US gallon. I know a lot of that is tax (duty and then 17.5% VAT)

One "benefit" of high taxes on gasoline is that we notice the effect
of crude oil prices much less. The guy who used to be the CEO of Shell
was quoted recently as saying that as demand exceeds supply in the
early part of the next decade crude prices could reach $150 per
barrel.

It's worth noting that some recent conferences on global warming have
had a sub-title of "energy security". Using less fuel derived from oil
will help it last a little longer.

He's also partner to a proposal to do away with the mortgage interest
deduction on your house if its size is above 3000 sq.ft.

Is that tax relief on the interest part of mortgages? I think the
Tories scrapped that in the 1980's here.

--
Jim Backus running OS/2 Warp 3 & 4, Debian Linux and Win98SE
bona fide replies to j dot backus the circle thingy jita dot

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 22:13:14 UTC, Meat Plow
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:18:04 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I pay around $8K per year in property taxes.

Bwahahahahahaaa !

Land of the Fee my ass !

There are no taxes on property ownership in the UK.

Graham

Isn't there a tax on a television set in the UK?

Yes, VAT at 17.5% but I think you're referring to the TV licence that
some regard as a tax. Currently about GBP 130 per year.

Why people who are happy to pay nearly GBP 500 per year for Sky
(satelitte TV) whinge about the TV licence I've never worked out, but
then I could happily live without a TV.

--
Jim Backus running OS/2 Warp 3 & 4, Debian Linux and Win98SE
bona fide replies to j dot backus the circle thingy jita dot
demon dot co dot uk

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

mike wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Sigh. No, it means that *every* penny I pay on my mortgage is to
repay the principal. What part of a ZERO interest rate don't you get?

Are you hinting the taxpayers are paying the interest on your loan?

Taxpayers? No, only one.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 10:24:19 -0400, Fred Bloggs wrote:
Robert Baer wrote:

Illegal mexicans get free medical, welfare, allowed to drive with no
insurance or license, etc ad nauseum.

Every child regardless of national origin, creed, color, race, religious
belief, parental status, legal status, pedigree, or any other damned
thing, has a RIGHT to medical care, education, and any other damned thing
to put them on equal footing with any other child in getting a start on
life. It is beyond monstrous to deny them this.

Nobody has a right to steal other people's money to pay their bills.
You're not talking about "rights" here, you're talking about "entitlements",
which is what got us into this mess in the first place.

You can't solve a problem by applying more of the same stuff that caused
the problem.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Fred Bloggs wrote:

Jamie wrote:

wait a minute, our local government is trying to push through side
walk tax. if it goes through, every resident in this city will be
getting a tax bill for side walk maintenance except those that are the
on local
local assistant programs. ( and they're many!)

Some of the earliest documents surviving from colonial America are the
Book(s) of Roads, some dating back nearly 400 years. These were records
of road maintenance responsibility assigned to various land owners by
whose property the roads passed. The labor was not compensated, it was
considered a civic responsibility at the time.

Yes, but home owners have always as long as I can remember had to
pay in as part of their tax for road and side walk maintenance and as
you say, absorb the coast of some labor them self's. Now they want to
force every one that lives in the city limits to pay this new tax..

This means those that only rent for example. Not only that, They have
concluded that the old tax laws are clouded in this area and the TAX
that home owners have been paying all along does not cover this. SO now,
its a tax up on a TAX.

I really got a laugh about them wanting to tax bikes with frames
24" or larger base and those 50 CC mini bikes which by law, is not
required to be plated with a license driver.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Robert Baer wrote:

Illegal mexicans get free medical, welfare, allowed to drive with no
insurance or license, etc ad nauseum.

Every child regardless of national origin, creed, color, race, religious
belief, parental status, legal status, pedigree, or any other damned
thing, has a RIGHT to medical care, education, and any other damned
thing to put them on equal footing with any other child in getting a
start on life. It is beyond monstrous to deny them this.

Wrong. You have a 'right' to 'seek' medical care and a 'right' to do
to yourself whatever you please but you have no 'right' to coerce
others into providing you with a damn thing.

That's 'theft' and is ruled by whichever mob is the biggest with the
best weapons and, perhaps, a bit of 'luck' thrown in, like whether god
decides to sink half the Spanish fleet before it gets there.

The basic problem, or more precisely, flaw, in your reasoning is
ignorance of the fact that nearly all medical and pharmaceutical
advances begin with government funded research grants.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Robert Baer wrote:

Illegal mexicans get free medical, welfare, allowed to drive with no
insurance or license, etc ad nauseum.

Every child regardless of national origin, creed, color, race, religious
belief, parental status, legal status, pedigree, or any other damned
thing, has a RIGHT to medical care, education, and any other damned thing
to put them on equal footing with any other child in getting a start on
life. It is beyond monstrous to deny them this.

Nobody has a right to steal other people's money to pay their bills.
You're not talking about "rights" here, you're talking about "entitlements",
which is what got us into this mess in the first place.

You can't solve a problem by applying more of the same stuff that caused
the problem.

Thanks,
Rich

Taxes are a simple overhead already figured into your salary, the
arguments against excessive income tax are irrational.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

mike wrote:

Are you hinting the taxpayers are paying the interest on your loan?
Mike

There are all kinds of government subsidized loans for housing, and at
all levels of government. I like the urban renewal loans available in
the older cities wherein up to 70% is forgiven if you make the house
your primary residence for 15 years. Terrell is on some kind of similar
handout for the disabled, it's ultimately cheaper than putting him up in
a shelter.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

mike wrote:

Are you hinting the taxpayers are paying the interest on your loan?
Mike

There are all kinds of government subsidized loans for housing, and at all
levels of government. I like the urban renewal loans available in the
older cities wherein up to 70% is forgiven if you make the house your
primary residence for 15 years. Terrell is on some kind of similar handout
for the disabled, it's ultimately cheaper than putting him up in a
shelter.

We're subsidizing "millions" of "non-residents" - "I" have no issue with
helping out those who "live" here. At least he was actively engaged in
employment at some point - maybe still is. Thats more than I can say for
those sneaking in.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

mike wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Sigh. No, it means that *every* penny I pay on my mortgage is to
repay the principal. What part of a ZERO interest rate don't you get?

Are you hinting the taxpayers are paying the interest on your loan?

Taxpayers? No, only one.

I don't understand your crypted information, care to expand it.
Also it sounds like you earned your benefits the hard way, I and
and many other Americans appreciate your service, Thank you.

Sincerly, Mike

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

mike wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Sigh. No, it means that *every* penny I pay on my mortgage is to
repay the principal. What part of a ZERO interest rate don't you get?

Are you hinting the taxpayers are paying the interest on your loan?

Taxpayers? No, only one.

I don't understand your crypted information, care to expand it.
Also it sounds like you earned your benefits the hard way, I and
and many other Americans appreciate your service, Thank you.

Sincerly, Mike

A relative was holding my mortgage when I became disabled. They
informed me that from that point on, they were no longer taking the 5%
interest we had agreed on when I bought the property, hence the 'one
taxpayer'.

They had lived here for a while, after some serious surgery, and I
took care of them for months, till they were literally back on their
feet, and able to take care of every day things for themselves.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

mike wrote:

[...]

Congrats, sounds like, you rub my back I'll rub yours.
Mike

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

mike wrote:

[...]

It's family, what else would you do? They mow my grass, so I maintain
their computer and other elctronics.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

mike wrote:

Are you hinting the taxpayers are paying the interest on your loan?
Mike

There are all kinds of government subsidized loans for housing, and at all
levels of government. I like the urban renewal loans available in the
older cities wherein up to 70% is forgiven if you make the house your
primary residence for 15 years. Terrell is on some kind of similar handout
for the disabled, it's ultimately cheaper than putting him up in a
shelter.

We're subsidizing "millions" of "non-residents" - "I" have no issue with
helping out those who "live" here. At least he was actively engaged in
employment at some point - maybe still is. Thats more than I can say for
those sneaking in.

The vast majority of the immigrants from South America are very decent
people here to work, support themselves and families, and become skilled
tradesmen; they do not ask for a handout. The handout crowd are the ones
from the former Soviet bloc countries in Eastern Europe, many of them
are ingrained parasites well versed in manipulating the big
bureaucracies. How come there is no outcry against them? Because they
are whiter? I will accept the Latinos any day over them. On average I
rate Latinos as superior to most Americans.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

mike wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Sigh. No, it means that *every* penny I pay on my mortgage is to
repay the principal. What part of a ZERO interest rate don't you get?

Are you hinting the taxpayers are paying the interest on your loan?

Taxpayers? No, only one.

I don't understand your crypted information, care to expand it.
Also it sounds like you earned your benefits the hard way, I and
and many other Americans appreciate your service, Thank you.

Sincerly, Mike

He is probably sucking on the Govt tit after claiming to have been
affected by Agent Orange.

Some of the **** he posts here suggests that he actually was affected.

Nah, he would be dead by now.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 08:44:39 -0400, Fred Bloggs
wrote:

Radiosrfun wrote:

[snip]
We're subsidizing "millions" of "non-residents" - "I" have no issue with
helping out those who "live" here. At least he was actively engaged in
employment at some point - maybe still is. Thats more than I can say for
those sneaking in.

The vast majority of the immigrants from South America are very decent
people here to work, support themselves and families, and become skilled
tradesmen; they do not ask for a handout. The handout crowd are the ones
from the former Soviet bloc countries in Eastern Europe, many of them
are ingrained parasites well versed in manipulating the big
bureaucracies. How come there is no outcry against them? Because they
are whiter? I will accept the Latinos any day over them. On average I
rate Latinos as superior to most Americans.

Methinks the last time Fred shot his mouth off his aim was a little
high.

I know of NO Europeans on the dole.

That is not to say that MANY, MANY Hispanics are not hard-working
contributors to our society... but MANY, MANY Hispanics are loading
down the welfare/health-care system here in Arizona... and they are
the single largest criminal element in the state.

From Fred's rants one can easily conclude that he is a follower of
AchMeNaziJob in some respects... if you get my gist.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 08:44:39 -0400, Fred Bloggs
wrote:

Radiosrfun wrote:

[snip]
[...]

From Fred's rants one can easily conclude that he is a follower of
AchMeNaziJob in some respects... if you get my gist.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

I have "never" heard any reports OR complaints from "any" source - other
than Fred - about Europeans - cashing in on our "Welfare" system. Yes, there
are many Hispanics who are doing their share- but so many more who are not.
Maybe he doesn't understand ILLEGAL = NOT ON THE TAX ROLLS.
They may be working, but not paying into the tax system. THAT is what hurts
the system. Also - if they want to live here - let them enlist and serve
their time.
Make them "Equal Opportunity" in every regard. If they serve - grant them
Citizenship. That is just a small fraction of my rant.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 08:44:39 -0400, Fred Bloggs
wrote:

Radiosrfun wrote:

[snip]
[...]

From Fred's rants one can easily conclude that he is a follower of
AchMeNaziJob in some respects... if you get my gist.

Fred needs to visit the emergency room at any public hospital in Dallas.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 17:40:59 -0500, "Lord Garth"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

[snip]

Methinks the last time Fred shot his mouth off his aim was a little
high.

I know of NO Europeans on the dole.

That is not to say that MANY, MANY Hispanics are not hard-working
contributors to our society... but MANY, MANY Hispanics are loading
down the welfare/health-care system here in Arizona... and they are
the single largest criminal element in the state.

From Fred's rants one can easily conclude that he is a follower of
AchMeNaziJob in some respects... if you get my gist.

Fred needs to visit the emergency room at any public hospital in Dallas.

Or the maternity ward in Yuma, AZ.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Lord Garth wrote:

Fred needs to visit the emergency room at any public hospital in Dallas.

Before, or after the accident?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 20:30:36 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Lord Garth wrote:

Fred needs to visit the emergency room at any public hospital in Dallas.

Before, or after the accident?

Can't you just envision that scenario... Fred stuck for hours waiting
in an emergency room while all the illegals get served first ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Lord Garth wrote:

Fred needs to visit the emergency room at any public hospital in

Dallas.

Before, or after the accident?

Can't you just envision that scenario... Fred stuck for hours waiting
in an emergency room while all the illegals get served first ;-)

Exactly! And for non-emergency / doctor visits at that.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Lord Garth wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Lord Garth wrote:
Fred needs to visit the emergency room at any public hospital in

Dallas.

Before, or after the accident?

Can't you just envision that scenario... Fred stuck for hours waiting
in an emergency room while all the illegals get served first ;-)

Exactly! And for non-emergency / doctor visits at that.

Well what would you expect? He doesn't speak Spanish, and the
triage nurse/receptionist doesn't speak English.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Lord Garth wrote:

Fred needs to visit the emergency room at any public hospital in Dallas.

Before, or after the accident?

Can't you just envision that scenario... Fred stuck for hours waiting
in an emergency room while all the illegals get served first ;-)

That's OK. He can go down the street to the gym to watch all those
sweaty gays he keeps talking about.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"Stephen J. Rush" wrote in message

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:47:03 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

So why does the "middle" vote Democrat?

Well, in my own case, in the next election, it's the only meaningful
protest against the slide into facism. Don't forget that Hitler was
*elected.*

Then he was unelected and humiliated, which convinced Bismark that he was
emasculated and harmless, so he appointed him Chancellor.

I used to vote Libertarian, but in the American
winner-take-all system, that amounts to a wasted vote. Of course,
given the present state of the Democratic party, it amounts to "Would
you rather be hanged or shot?"

Our-winner-take all system is due to the Electoral College, which is also
the reason we have never elected an extremist, since none would appeal to a
cross-section of different states. If the loser in a state benefitted from
any votes he got in that state, instead of the whole state going to the
winner, then he would only have to win a few states and make a showing in
some others, which an extremist might do successfully.

In that sense it could be said that Libertarians are too extreme for the
general population, and changing the system to give them a better shot would
eventually lead to what you fear most. Pretty ironic, but that's what you
would get for thinking you know how to preserve freedom better than the
Founders.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message

Jim Thompson wrote:

So why does the "middle" vote Democrat?

Because the GOP frightened them off by getting into bed (or more
accurately, a restroom stall) with the wacko conservatives. The GOP
used to be the sane party when it had a more libertarian philosophy.

And if they didn't they would have lost a lot more elections when
New-Dealism was ascendant. How could they possibly stay Libertarian when
its antithesis gained such a religious following.

Roe v. Wade comes to mind too. It was the left that decided to force their
view on everyone regardless of public opinion. Naturally people on the
right who wanted to force their way responded. Only a few intellectuals
could grasp the need to let the democratic process do its work and allow
some states to go one way and some to go the other way. But it's not the
GOP's fault that intellectuals are a minority. They had to get supporters
somewhere.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"flipper" wrote in message

Isn't leaving it to the states still the official Republican Party
position?

The official position of the overall party, yes. But not the position of
evangelicals, so I was just explaining why they became significant in the
GOP. The fact that they haven't even changed the party platform makes it
all the more silly for people to complain about their involvement in the
party.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Tom Del Rosso lid posted to sci.electronics.design:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Roe v. Wade was not about the left forcing its views on the world, but
of stopping the religious right from imposing a continuing public
health nightmare. The abortions were happening in back alleys with
rusty wire coat hangers and knitting needles in the bathroom and the
young women with a "secret" were dying of complications. 'Tis better
that it be legal.
Though i am kind of ****ed off about the guv'munt paying for it.
Particularly when it is not coupled with collateral sterilization.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 17:10:43 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:

Uh, no. When you fill out your W-4, you put whatever you want on it. I
put zero, and have the max taken out, and get the max return at year's
end.

You like lending your money to the Infernal Revenuers at zero interest?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"Stephen J. Rush" wrote:

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 17:10:43 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:

Uh, no. When you fill out your W-4, you put whatever you want on it. I
put zero, and have the max taken out, and get the max return at year's
end.

You like lending your money to the Infernal Revenuers at zero interest?

Hwat else do you expect from a 'Village Idiot'?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

radiosrfun wrote:
Maybe he doesn't understand ILLEGAL = NOT
ON THE TAX ROLLS. They may be working, but not paying into the tax
system. THAT is what hurts the system.

All the unpaid tax revenue from the illegals x1000 and it still is a
negligible fraction of the money wasted...they are not a problem. *AND*
tax evasion is so rampant among the *LEGAL* Americans, that the IRS has
given up prosecuting cases involving less than $40K, there's just not
enough legal resource to handle the load. Apparently *LEGAL* Americans
are a *MUCH BIGGER* tax problem than poor working immigrants. Why aren't
you ranting about them?

Also - if they want to live
here - let them enlist and serve their time. Make them "Equal
Opportunity" in every regard. If they serve - grant them Citizenship.
That is just a small fraction of my rant.

They do sign up for military service, in droves...

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

Can't you just envision that scenario... Fred stuck for hours waiting
in an emergency room while all the illegals get served first ;-)

...Jim Thompson

If those illegals are in more urgent need of prompt medical care then
they should be first, I have no problem with that. I could not imagine
the kind of person who would do otherwise on the basis of citizenship
status.