Cliff

Default OT - Global Village

[
If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely
100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it
would look something like the following:

There would be:
· 57 Asians
· 21 Europeans
· 14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north and south
· 8 Africans
· 52 would be female
· 48 would be male
· 70 would be non-white
· 30 would be white
· 70 would be non-Christian
· 30 would be Christian
· 89 would be heterosexual
· 11 would be homosexual
· 6 people would possess 59% of the entire world's wealth and all 6
would be from the United States
· 80 would live in substandard housing
· 70 would be unable to read
· 50 would suffer from malnutrition
· 1 would be near death
· 1 would be near birth
· 1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education
· 1 would own a computer

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the
need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly
apparent.
]

Neocons would be fractional persons at best .....
What part of "We The People" was hard to understand?
--
Cliff

Dan Murphy

Cliff wrote in
:

[
If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely
100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it
would look something like the following:

There would be:
· 57 Asians

Nope

· 21 Europeans

Nope

[...]

Not likely, but possible

· 1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education

Nope

· 1 would own a computer

Nope

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the
need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly
apparent.

Hard to say, your "facts" are all wrong.

]

Neocons would be fractional persons at best .....
What part of "We The People" was hard to understand?

Do you ever check any facts? Just seize the blog?

Dan
jon banquer

"Dan Murphy" wrote in message
.. .
Cliff wrote in
:

[
[...]

Nope.... just likes to lie. Frequently gets caught in his many lies.
It's all part of the metal illness he suffers from.

This is following is a post from Michael Gailey to alt.machi*nes.cnc.
and is buried in a thread called "CADDS 5 Help". It seemed *to me that
it would be helpful for others to see so that they can gain *an
understanding about what the real problem is and perhaps con*vince the
person to get some badly needed help.

From: Michael
Newsgroups: alt.machines.cnc
Subject: CADDS 5 Help

Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:20:10 GMT

"Cliff wrote:
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:35:32 GMT, Michael
wrote:

You don't need to whine & snivel.
Just learn.

More groveling would be nice too G.

HTH

Yet another dodge of my question.

Have you ever heard of Narcissistic Personality Disorder?
See explanation above for clues.
Michael

Michael,

A) You usually post a load of BS about some term you
have *heard of*, just like jb did/does. You make most
of it up without actually knowing much. Usually things
are NOT as you imagined.

This makes your posts full of bad information. Some
may actually not know any better of later find your junk
in the archives when searching for valid information.

Oh, you need the links to verify what I posted, no problem.
I suppose another of Cliff's Urban Legends has been exposed.

Go see if this describes you Cliff.
There may still be time for you to get help.
http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis1/p21-pe07.html
http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/
http://www.healthyplace.com/communit...orders/narciss...
http://www.healthyplace.com/communit...orders/narciss...
http://www.healthyplace.com/Communit...orders/Site/Tr...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...nality+Disorde...

B) You very clearly don't care about truth or you just
might check some of your BS first. ALL you care about
is posting your guesses and then objecting when someone
else corrects your nearly endless misinformation.

Here is a snippet derived from the American Psychiatric Asso*ciation:
Malignant Self Love - Narcissism Revisited
Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD)
Definition, Fact Sheet and Tips

What is Narcissism?

A pattern of traits and behaviors which signify infatuation *and
obsession with one's self to the exclusion of all others and* the
egotistic and ruthless pursuit of one's gratification, domin*ance and
ambition.

Most narcissists (75%) are men.

NPD is one of a "family" of personality disorders (formerly *known as
"Cluster B").

Other members: Borderline PD, Antisocial PD and Histrionic P*D.

NPD is often diagnosed with other mental health disorders
("co-morbidity") - or with substance abuse, or impulsive and* reckless
behaviors ("dual diagnosis").

NPD is new (1980) mental health category in the Diagnostic a*nd
Statistics Manual (DSM).

There is only scant research regarding narcissism. But what *there is
has
not demonstrated any ethnic, social, cultural, economic, gen*etic, or
professional predilection to NPD.

It is estimated that 0.7-1% of the general population suffer* from NPD.

Pathological narcissism was first described in detail by Fre*ud. Other
major contributors a Klein, Horney, Kohut, Kernberg, Mill*on,
Roningstam, Gunderson, Hare.

The onset of narcissism is in infancy, childhood and early a*dolescence.

It is commonly attributed to childhood abuse and trauma infl*icted by
parents, authority figures, or even peers.

There is a whole range of narcissistic reactions - from the *mild,
reactive and transient to the permanent personality disorder*.

Narcissists are either "Cerebral" (derive their narcissistic* supply
from
their intelligence or academic achievements) - or "Somatic" *(derive
their narcissistic supply from their physique, exercise, phy*sical or
sexual prowess and "conquests").

Narcissists are either "Classic" - see definition below - or* they are
"Compensatory", or "Inverted" - see definitions he "The I*nverted
Narcissist".

NPD is treated in talk therapy (psychodynamic or cognitive-b*ehavioral).

The prognosis for an adult narcissist is poor, though his ad*aptation to

life and to others can improve with treatment. Medication is* applied to

side-effects and behaviors (such as mood or affect disorders* and
obsession-compulsion) - usually with some success.

Please read CAREFULLY!

The text in italics is NOT based on the Diagnostics and Stat*istics
Manual, Fourth Edition-Text Revision (2000).

The text in italics IS based on "Malignant Self Love - Narci*ssism
Revisited", fourth, revised, printing (2003)

An all-pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behav*iour), need

for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy, usually beg*inning by
early adulthood and present in various contexts. Five (or mo*re) of the
following criteria must be met:

Feels grandiose and self-important (e.g., exaggerates achiev*ements and
talents to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as s*uperior
without commensurate achievements)

Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fears*ome power
or
omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist)*, bodily
beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or id*eal,
everlasting, all-conquering love or passion

Firmly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special*, can only
be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate wi*th, other
special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions)

Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affi*rmation -
or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (n*arcissistic

supply)

Feels entitled. Expects unreasonable or special and favorabl*e priority
treatment. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or* her
expectations

Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achi*eve his or
her own ends

Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with o*r
acknowledge the feelings and needs of others

Constantly envious of others or believes that they feel the *same about
him or her

Arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes coupled with rage *when
frustrated, contradicted, or confronted

C) Even after all that you usually persist with your
misinformation way past any point of sanity.

If you think I posted misinformation, please read the last s*nippett
again.

D) You are a gun-toting winger, living in fear
& denial of much truth.

I have a legal permit to protect myself.

E) You at times seem to do the Sunday Fundie thing.

That is your paranoia talking again.

F) You seem incapable of learning much.

Back to the NPD snippet.

G) You are loads of fun G.

I don't think you are capable of having fun, mental illness *does that
to people. Get some help Cliff.

Michael

HTH

--

Michael Gailey
Artistic CNC Mill, Router and Engraver Programming

My thanks to Michael for the post and hope others benefit fr*om it as I
have.

jon

jim rozen

In article , Cliff says...

· 1 would own a computer

And that one would be cliff crossposting more crap where
nobody wants to see it. Still.

I'm beginning to see that gunner's approach of shunning is
the right way to go. Worked for the cassmeister.....

Jim

please reply to:

Myal

Dan Murphy wrote:

Cliff wrote in
:

[
[...]

Now you got me curious , you got the correct facts that proves him wrong
? wanna share ?
Dan Murphy

Myal wrote in :
snip

Now you got me curious , you got the correct facts that proves him wrong
? wanna share ?

This is one of those e-mail, blogger fodder, urban legends. So, where
better to go than Snopes.com?
http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/populate.htm

And even if the facts were correct, so what? Only a simpleton could find a
political ideology in a bunch of disparate factoids.

Dan
carl mciver

"Cliff" wrote in message
| [
| If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely
| 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it
| would look something like the following:

Here we go again...

| There would be:
| · 57 Asians
| · 21 Europeans
| · 14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north and south
| · 8 Africans
| · 52 would be female

The figure would even be more if the Chinese hadn't killed all the
girls to accomodate the government's one child policy. Turns out that the
best thing to slow population growth is a healthy economy where more folks
have good jobs.

| · 48 would be male

Why bother with that figure since we know what the figure for women is
already given?

| · 70 would be non-white
| · 30 would be white

Can you define "white" please?

| · 70 would be non-Christian
| · 30 would be Christian
| · 89 would be heterosexual
| · 11 would be homosexual

This factoid I _have_ to see proof of, because I don't buy it for a
second.

| · 6 people would possess 59% of the entire world's wealth and all 6
| would be from the United States

Okay, if the rest of the world's governments weren't so busy trying to
control the actions of their citizens I bet that they, too, would possess
gobs of wealth, given the freeedom to do so.

| · 80 would live in substandard housing

When I was in the Phillipines, I spent some time with a gal who had an
apartment and even running water. She even had all her teeth! This gal had
it made. Substandard housing must be relative to what the US, I guess.

| · 70 would be unable to read
| · 50 would suffer from malnutrition

Just look at the governments of these countries and you start to get the
picture.

| · 1 would be near death
| · 1 would be near birth
| · 1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education
| · 1 would own a computer
|
| When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the
| need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly
| apparent.
| ]

And a less oppressive government. Don't you even dare say that the US
has an oppressive government, because it would become painfully obvious that
you have never spent any time in other countries other than as a tourist.
The US has the life that every aspiring non-American wants. The Arabs all
over the world while pontificating about the hate they have for the US still
use computers and the internet developed in the US, wear clothing styles
from the US, and listen to music piped in from the US on US satellites.

| Neocons would be fractional persons at best .....
| What part of "We The People" was hard to understand?
| --
| Cliff

carl mciver

Here's an interesting seque:

Why I'm an anti-anti-American
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...9/IN290713.DTL

Note two things: One, the rag that this link is to is a San Francisco
paper, of all sources! Two, the writer is not an American.

I really like the bit about even the poor folks in America being fat,
born out by an ill-fated attempt by the usual American news network tried to
embarrass a president, and lovingly perpetuated by the "well-intentioned"
Russians, to exactly the opposite effect.

It's not a short opinion piece, so it might give us a few minutes of
peace from Cliff before he decides that it doesn't agree with his
preconceived notions and goes back to trying to make the rest of us as
unhappy as he is.

Dan Murphy

sittingduck wrote in
news:Xns95EE9D4F01DFAduckrulestheuniverse@individu al.net:

Myal wrote:

Now you got me curious , you got the correct facts that proves him
wrong ? wanna share ?

No, they just want to prove their ignorance. Which shows quite nicely.
Some people refuse to believe or even entertain any ideas that are
contrary to their narrow views, and will attack anything that
threatens that.

Yeah, you're right. I should just blindly believe an old mass e-mailed
urban legend cross posted all over the usenet by the world's biggest troll.
Tell me more about my narrow views. At least I bothered to look up some of
the factoids.

Dan

B.B.

In article ,
Cliff wrote:

[
[...]

So at least five of those six rich people don't have college
educations? Interesting.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/
BottleBob

Myal wrote:

Now you got me curious , you got the correct facts that proves him wrong
? wanna share ?

Myal:

From "Snopes".

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/populate.htm

Claim: If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of
precisely 100 people, that village would resemble one described in this
piece.

Example:

[...]

Origins: This
thing has been circulating for ages (in Internet time) now, and people
seem to find the contrasts it highlights between the "haves" and
"have-nots" of the world compelling. However, much of the information it
presents is questionable, out of date, or poorly-defined:

57 Asians
21 Europeans
14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north and south
8 Africans

According to the United Nations World Population Prospects document, the
world population in the year 2000 was about 6.1 billion, with this
geographic distribution:

* Africa: 794,000,000
* Asia: 3,672,000,000
* Latin America and Caribbean: 519,000,000
* Europe: 727,000,000
* North America: 314,000,000
* Oceania: 51,000,000

If we calculate the corresponding percentages (and lump North America,
Latin America, the Caribbean, and Oceania into the "western hemisphere"
category), we get the following ratios for our population of 100:

* Asians: 60
* Europeans: 12
* Western Hemisphereans: 15
(9 Latin Americans/Caribbeans, 5 North Americans, 1 Oceanian)
* Africans: 13

52 would be female
48 would be male

According to that same United Nations document, the world population in
the year 2000 consisted of 3,051,099,000 men and 3,005,616,000 women,
which (with a little rounding) breaks down to 50 men and 50 women in a
population of 100.

70 would be non-white
30 would be white

Here we run into definitional problems trying to lump entire continents'
worth of people into one class based on some nebulous concept of color.
What makes a person "white" or "black"? If we say that Africans are
considered "black," does that categorization apply equally to Nigerians,
Egyptians, and South Africans? (Is the Middle East part of Africa or
Asia?) Should the classification of Asians as "white" or "non-white" be
based solely upon skin tone, or upon geographical and cultural factors
as well?

The numbers given here seem to be based upon the classification of
Europeans and Western Hemisphereans as "white" and Africans and Asians
as "non-white" (and the assumption that those continents are homogeneous
in racial composition). With those qualfications, a population of 100
(based on year 2000 numbers) would include 27 whites and 73 non-whites.

70 would be non-Christian
30 would be Christian

According to the chart at Adherents.com, which provides estimates of
"the number of people who have at least a minimal level of
self-identification as adherents" of a particular religion, the world's
population in early 2001 was 33% Christian. So, our reduced population
of 100 would be composed of 33 Christians and 67 non-Christians.

89 would be heterosexual
11 would be homosexual

This one is almost impossible to estimate with any reasonable degree of
accuracy. The classification of people as being either "heterosexual" or
"homosexual" is too dependent upon subjective criteria, and the answers
of respondents to surveys about their sexual habits are too easily
influenced by other social factors. The common figure of "10% of the
population is homosexual" is often bandied about, but that number is
derived from a misapplication of a Kinsey study which was not based upon
a representative sample of the population. One can find estimates that
place of the percentage of the population considered to be homosexual
anywhere between 1-2% and 25%-35%, but a reasonable survey of the more
controlled studies would put the figure in about the 2-3% range (for
males, at least).

6 people would possess 59% of the entire world's wealth, and all 6
would be from the United States.

This claim demontrates the precariousness of trying to summarize a very
large, diverse population in a few simple statistics. For starters, our
miniature world of 100 people only includes 5 people from all of North
America, so any statement involving 6 people from the United States just
doesn't compute!

"Wealth" is a concept difficult to measure with any precision, but we
can use Gross Domestic Product (GDP) as a reasonable approximation. If
we take some figures from the CIA's World Factbook 2000, we find that
the estimated GDP of the United States in 1999 was $9.255 trillion, out
of a world total of $40.7 trillion. In other words, in 1999 the United
States possessed about 23% of the world's wealth. If we assume that all
5 North Americans in our miniature world are from the United States, and
that they have inherited an amount of wealth proportional to that held
by the United States in the "real" world, together they'd still have
only 23% of the world's wealth, not 59%. Even if you could find some
combination of 6 people in our putative population of 100 who held 59%
of the total wealth, they wouldn't all be from the United States.

80 would live in substandard housing

This statement can't be assessed without knowing the definition of
"substandard" being employed here. "Substandard" by whose standards? And
if a full 80% of the world's population truly lives in "substandard"
housing, doesn't that indicate whatever standard is being used must be
too high?

Estimates for this figure are all over the map as well (some United
Nations housing statistics are informative but don't really answer the
question), but a 1999 article in International Wildlife puts the
estimate at 33%, not the 80% figure offered here.

70 would be unable to read

A 1998 UNICEF study put the world illiteracy rate at 16%, well short of
the 70% claimed here.

50 would suffer from malnutrition

The World Health Organization puts the malnutrition figure at about 33%.

1 would be near death
1 would be near birth

This statement is simply too vague to evaluate. At any given time, one
person in a hundred is near death? Just how "near"? Is age a factor in
this statistic?

1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education

Again, we have to know whether our miniature world's inhabitants
represent current population trends in age as well as other factors.
According to the United Nations World Population Prospects document, the
median age of the world's population was 26.5 in 2000, with that figure
being lower in less developed (and more populous) areas of the world.
(The median age of Africans, for example, was only 18.4 in 2000.) So,
this statistic could be true simply because much of our miniature
population would be too young to have finished college yet (assuming
that "having a college education" means "graduated with the equivalent
of a bachelor's degree"). However, if we assume everyone in our
miniature world is of sufficient age and apply the current graduation
rates of the USA (33%) to its share of the population (5), we'd have
almost two college graduates from America alone. And other parts of the
world (e.g., New Zealand, Netherlands, Britain, and Norway) have
graduation rates equal to or higher than the USA's.

1 would own a computer

Computer ownership rates in the USA now indicate that over 50% of
American households have computers, so if we assume that "households"
can be equated with "people" in our miniature world, our 5 Americans
alone would have at least two computers between them.

On the other hand, if this is the kind of material having a computer
gives one access to, the inhabitants of our miniature world just might
opt to do without them.

Last updated: 27 March 2001
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
jon banquer

"carl mciver" wrote in message
ink.net...
Here's an interesting seque:

Why I'm an anti-anti-American
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...9/IN290713.DTL

Note two things: One, the rag that this link is to is a San Francisco
paper, of all sources! Two, the writer is not an American.

I really like the bit about even the poor folks in America being fat,
born out by an ill-fated attempt by the usual American news network tried

embarrass a president, and lovingly perpetuated by the "well-intentioned"
Russians, to exactly the opposite effect.

It's not a short opinion piece, so it might give us a few minutes of
peace from Cliff before he decides that it doesn't agree with his
preconceived notions and goes back to trying to make the rest of us as
unhappy as he is.

Are you saying his Narcissistic Personality Disorder might be contagious ?
:)

jon

Larry Green

so then by your stats then, my being a white christian male I am a minority
ha

As a "white christian male" you are most certainly in a minority in
terms of a global population!

FACT: There are more 'non-whites' than 'whites' in this world.

FACT: There are more 'non-Xtians' than 'Xtians' in this world (do not
forget to include those people with a brain that can think for
themselves without the need of religious claptrap/propaganda!)

FACT: There are more females than males in this world.

So as a "white christian male" you are in a minority......FACT!

The chances are you are even in a minority in a 'white christian'
grouping as there are probably more "white christian females" than
"white christian males"!

--
Larry Green

Myal

carl mciver wrote:

Massive trimming

The US has the life that every aspiring non-American wants.

The above sentence REALY needs thinking about .

Its the cause of a lot of anti US feelings , especialy when others dont
believe it .
carl mciver

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

| And it still wouldn't assuage my fear of the global village as the
| inevitable progenitor of all of those village idiots....

Cliff went missing some years ago. They're calling their idiots back,
so he should get going! Anyone want to pitch in for a one way ticket? I
got a nickel!

Tom Accuosti

"Cliff" wrote in message

| [
| If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely
| 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it
| would look something like the following:
|
| There would be:

sigh

From our favorite UL commentators:
http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/populate.htm

Note that the debunking dates back to 2001, which would indicate that
this has been floating around considerably longer.

[...]

the median age of the world's population was 26.5 in 2000, with that
[...]

Tom Accuosti

"Tom Accuosti" wrote in message
om

snip

Oh hell - I posted all that without checking downthread first. I should
have known someone else would have checked.

Sorry. That knee-jerk thingie happened when I saw glurge.

BottleBob

Tom Accuosti wrote:

Oh hell - I posted all that without checking downthread first. I should
have known someone else would have checked.

Tom:

You had me worried for a minute there. I thought you might have had me
killfiled. g

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:27:50 -0800, sittingduck
wrote:

Myal wrote:

Now you got me curious , you got the correct facts that proves him wrong
? wanna share ?

No, they just want to prove their ignorance. Which shows quite nicely.
Some people refuse to believe or even entertain any ideas that are contrary
to their narrow views, and will attack anything that threatens that.

I notice you didn't wait for the documentation before you launched
your fact-free condemnation. As such it says more about you than it
does about the other person's putative 'ignorance'.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.
The Independent of Clackamas County

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:21:03 -0500, Cliff wrote:

If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely
100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it
would look something like the following:

snip

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the
need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly
apparent.

Snips

And it still wouldn't assuage my fear of the global village as the
inevitable progenitor of all of those village idiots....

Why is it when any one says the Global Village I automatically think of
the Village People singing and dancing to the song "At the YMCA"

--

The Independent of Clackamas County

"What experience and history teach is this -- That people and
governments never have learned anything from history, or acted
on principles deduced from it"

George Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
1770-1831
The Independent of Clackamas County

B.B. wrote:
In article ,
Cliff wrote:

[
[...]

5 would own fire arms and they would all Live in the United
ST ates

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the
need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly
apparent.
]

Neocons would be fractional persons at best .....
What part of "We The People" was hard to understand?

So at least five of those six rich people don't have college
educations? Interesting.

Yes and they would all be living in the United States which makes a
statement about the work ethic here and the lazy shiftless people who
lay around under trees doing nothing or robbing other people of their goods.

And you may as why don't they come and take the wealth of the 6
Americans??? Answer will shoot their god dammed heads off!!!!

--

The Independent of Clackamas County

"What experience and history teach is this -- That people and
governments never have learned anything from history, or acted
on principles deduced from it"

George Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
1770-1831
Jeff Lowe

Dan Murphy wrote:
Cliff wrote in
:
[
[...]

"Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the
automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes."

http://www.ibras.dk/montypython/fina...f.htm#Argument

--
Jeff
Jeff Lowe

sittingduck wrote:

Myal wrote:

Now you got me curious , you got the correct facts that proves him wrong
? wanna share ?

No, they just want to prove their ignorance. Which shows quite nicely.
Some people refuse to believe or even entertain any ideas that are contrary
to their narrow views, and will attack anything that threatens that.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which
differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people
are even incapable of forming such opinions."
--Einstein

Jeff R.

"Jeff Lowe" wrote in message
"Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the
automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes."

http://www.ibras.dk/montypython/fina...f.htm#Argument

--
Jeff

No it isn't.

--
Jeff R.
(am I first?)

Nocturne_Necromancy

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:13:16 -0800, The Independent of Clackamas
County wrote:

B.B. wrote:
In article ,
Cliff wrote:

[
[...]

it is not very easy to make lots of money if you don't have any. it
takes money to make money. america has it all and we waste it on
things we don't need like diet pills to eat away the mcdonalds in our
fat asses. buy cheap over priced clothes that were made in some other
country by poor starving children because we want to look pretty. if i
was in a third world country i would kill your ass in an instant to
fill my stomach, it beats huffing paint to get rid of the hunger
pains. DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO STARVE? DO YOU KNOW WHAT POVERTY
IS LIKE? i really don't think you do.

And you may as why don't they come and take the wealth of the 6
Americans??? Answer will shoot their god dammed heads off!!!!

as we bang our head against the wall, munching down prozac, thinking
we will go to heaven when we die, and never really living life.
Gunner

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:25:24 -0700, Nocturne_Necromancy wrote:

it is not very easy to make lots of money if you don't have any. it
takes money to make money. america has it all and we waste it on
things we don't need like diet pills to eat away the mcdonalds in our
fat asses. buy cheap over priced clothes that were made in some other
country by poor starving children because we want to look pretty. if i
was in a third world country i would kill your ass in an instant to
fill my stomach, it beats huffing paint to get rid of the hunger
pains. DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO STARVE? DO YOU KNOW WHAT POVERTY
IS LIKE? i really don't think you do.

You would be very surprised to know how many of us indeed do know what
grinding poverty is really like.

Fortunately..most of us who do know, appreciate the fact we live in
"the land of opportunity" and have been able to do something about it
through our own efforts.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown
Cliff

On 30 Jan 2005 21:44:01 GMT, Dan Murphy wrote:

Do you ever check any facts? Just seize the blog?

Dan,
Looks like you should check yours first G.
OTOH You do have a point about the literacy one it seems.
The US seems to be on the low end of that one (it would
probably be about correct if only Indiana and a few similar
US States was under discussion).

Literacy outside the US seems higher than inside the US.
Probably a lot more wingers inside the US account for it.
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:12:48 -0700, "jon banquer"
wrote:

Nope.... just likes to lie. Frequently gets caught in his many lies.

No clues here G. Reading comprehension issues yet
again?

It's all part of the metal illness he suffers from.

Banqueritus?
--
Cliff

Cliff

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:55:31 GMT, BottleBob
wrote:

Origins: This thing has been circulating for ages

And hence might be a tad outdated?
LOL ....
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:36:07 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:

| · 89 would be heterosexual
| · 11 would be homosexual

This factoid I _have_ to see proof of, because I don't buy it for a
second.

Good point. The figures shown elsewhere said
[
the population considered to be homosexual
anywhere between 1-2% and 25%-35%
]

Looks like 11% is sort of in the middle .... do you
think that they all joined the Log Cabin Republicans?
--
Cliff
Cliff

wrote:

Don't you even dare say that the US
has an oppressive government,

Subject to threats of torture?

because it would become painfully obvious

What kind of "pain" ?
--
Cliff

Cliff

County wrote:

5 would own fire arms and they would all Live in the United
ST ates

How many would be literate enough to learn to spell?
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:15:23 -0500, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:21:03 -0500, Cliff wrote:

If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely
100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it
would look something like the following:

snip

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the
need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly
apparent.

Snips

And it still wouldn't assuage my fear of the global village as the
inevitable progenitor of all of those village idiots....

I knew that some of them were here G.
--
Cliff

Cliff

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 03:16:28 GMT, "Tom Accuosti"
wrote:

From our favorite UL commentators:

And the "Status" was?
--
Cliff
Richard Lewis

"jon banquer" wrote:

Nope.... just likes to lie. Frequently gets caught in his many lies.
It's all part of the metal illness he suffers from.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

And here I thought it was only me who had noticed his faults!

ral

Richard Lewis

Cliff wrote:

Welcome to the world of Winger's Disease, gunlogic & jb's clueless
ads G.

Same one trick pony bull**** still, cliff?

LOL

ral