Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Backus Jim Backus is offline

Default Village Idiot of Today

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 22:13:14 UTC, Meat Plow
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:18:04 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I pay around $8K per year in property taxes.

Bwahahahahahaaa !

Land of the Fee my ass !

There are no taxes on property ownership in the UK.

Graham

Isn't there a tax on a television set in the UK?

Yes, VAT at 17.5% but I think you're referring to the TV licence that
some regard as a tax. Currently about GBP 130 per year.

Why people who are happy to pay nearly GBP 500 per year for Sky
(satelitte TV) whinge about the TV licence I've never worked out, but
then I could happily live without a TV.

--
Jim Backus running OS/2 Warp 3 & 4, Debian Linux and Win98SE
bona fide replies to j dot backus the circle thingy jita dot