Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Fuji Finepix S5200 test shot - J2.jpg

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:24:26 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"Anthony Fremont" wrote in message

If you lose reception on a sattellite (3 LNB dish here) and tune to a
channel on that sat, the fun begins. The receiver immediately throws
up an error screen and refuses to pay attention to most button
pushes.

I've aligned point-to-point microwave dishes, but not satellite
dishes. The former work reliably in all weather, but they have AGC
voltage test points to find the peak signal for perfect alignment.
Do the residential satellite receivers have anything like that? I
suspect they're designed for installers who aren't equipped to
measure a voltage.

They have a "Sat Buddy" or something like that, no display just a speaker.
They hook it to the LNB and move the dish around. It beeps as they point
it. They basically seem to center it between the extremes that it loses
lock at. Pretty simple IMO. I'd prefer a meter of some kind, but it seems
to work alright. Surprisingly (or not) these guys know very little about
how any of this stuff works.

These most certainly don't work in all weather conditions. The kinds of
rains we have here in houston really seem to knock them out for a while
sometimes. But it can come down at rates of 8"/hour. I'm sure DM won't
believe that either.

Most receivers from real sat cos (not dish) have signal strength
meters that come up on the TV the receiver is hooked to. Most
installation techs have meters they hook directly to the dish with, OR
they have small TV monitors to see the built in sig strength meters in
the receivers. Most dishes ARE very weather resilient as sat power
levels are higher than in the 8 foot dish days, and all it really
needs is to be pointed right to begin with to have the best resistance
to slight wind perturbations.

So, again... **** off, little boy.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 15:23:48 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:28:40 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

5) Operating systems that have the nerve to tell a sysadmin level
user "Access denied" in order to protect the virus (gawd, I could
just shoot myself sometimes)

You may have had "sysadmin" level access, but you are certainly NOT
a sysadmin if you cannot operate the system without this being a
problem. Perhaps you *should* just shoot yourself... sometime
soon, preferably.

XP does this dumbass. I can't wait till you find out for yourself
some time and come whining in here. I'm sure Vista will do better
and make it completely impossible for me to kill a file.

Vista is nothing like XP. You seem to think it is XP in a new
facade.

You know nothing about computers or OS's. I was a programmer for 25 years,
it's just another version of XP with some change-ups. It's still an NTFS
filesystem and that is all that matters. Therein lies the problem. NTFS
lets things like this happen. Another fun one is the eternally "busy" file.
Even when you put the drive in another machine as a slave and try to delete
one of these files, you get "file busy" errors and are unable to kill them.
Of course you don't know any of this stuff, because you don't have the
experience I have. Nothing new there.

You couldn't be more wrong. It is a full re-write, and file

What utter bull****, total rewrite, what a maroon. I would like to see the
claims made by M$ regarding that. You're the first person I've ever heard
say that.

quarantine is what it does with a virus file, when it grabs one, while
it has its security turned on. It also allows you to delete it.

I wouldn't expect you to understand though.

You really don't know how ignorant you are, do you? I work on PCs for a
living now dufus. I have cleaned hundreds of computers of virii. Exactly
how many have you done? I've done over 90% of them without wiping the OS
and I've fought some pretty ****ty stuff. What with kids and their music
sharing **** that comes with spyware/adware from hell and all kinds of
trojans/rootkits and what not. You don't have a clue. Windos doesn't
recognize the things I'm talking about, hell most of these things have slid
right past Norton, McAffee and the rest. They don't get quarantined, stop
trying to pretend that you know what you're talking about.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 15:26:29 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

WFT is your problem? Why can't I buy a capture card that will
capture HD using component inputs?

Because. That is what your HD DVR is for. Don't have one? Too bad.

The word for today is:

COMPLIANCE

Compliance with what. I just told you that I would be completely within my
rights under US law to do what I wanted. The compliance is with hollywoods
wishes and not the law. Better take some time and catch up.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:34:55 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

You know nothing about computers or OS's. I was a programmer for 25 years,
it's just another version of XP with some change-ups.

You are 100% wrong.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:34:55 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Therein lies the problem. NTFS
lets things like this happen. Another fun one is the eternally "busy" file.
Even when you put the drive in another machine as a slave and try to delete
one of these files, you get "file busy" errors and are unable to kill them.

You're an idiot. Boot up Knoppix Live CD and you can kill ANY NTFS
file at ANY TIME, you ****ing retard.

That also holds true for many other Linux Live CDs like Ubuntu or
others.

Got Clue? I DON"T KNOW ABOUT OSes? Bwuahahahahahah! Sure, bub.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 15:26:29 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

It's certainly not because it's technically
impossible to build one.

Yes, and they even exist, dip****.

Show me one capture card that has component inputs. Go ahead.

It's certainly within my rights to use one on
appropriate material and for my own personal use,

That depends. You may not even know what "appropriate material" is.
DVRs are for personal use. I suggest you get one.

I'll run right out and buy a Tivo and hook it to my Dish receiver, and
how???? If I wanted DVR functionality from Dish, I'd have to use their
equipment and pay for rental. Stick to what you know.

however DRM dickwads

**** off, you total retard.

prevent access to technology like that.

Only for crybaby idiots like you. You see, they have done a remote
viewing session on you and have deemed you unworthy. HAHAHAH!

Now do you actually have a
technical comment to make, or just more invectives to hurl.

**** off, DRM wussy boy.

My **** works fine.

I don't know, it keeps falling out of your mouth and showing up in my
newsreader.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:34:55 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Of course you don't know any of this stuff, because you don't have the
experience I have. Nothing new there.

I administered **** ma and pa company networks back as far as '91
when it was Cheapernet... ethernet over coax at 2Mb/s on a good day on
286s. I also wrote the OLTP systems they used to print their invoices
and shipping labels with, as well as the underlying database.

So the "nothing new" is the fact that you again don't know what the
**** you are talking about, boy. Too many shots to the head.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"Anthony Fremont" wrote in message

MassiveProng wrote:

You're an idiot. Get legit OS and software on your system and you
won't have a problem. Also, you old CRAP hardware won't work with
new OSes as the old crap hardware makers have not/will not write new
drivers for old pieces of ****. They want you to buy new as well.
Who do you blame, boy?

What is a legit OS exactly? BTW, you completely missed the point.
Everything is not about computers.

Who are you responding to? I don't see any posts from him at all.
Try it that way.

I'm considering it now. I've never been one to plonk soemone but I guess if
I don't plonk him I'm going to end up in everyone's killfile myself. :-(

Where? My secured transactions ARE secure. If your dumb ass gets
on a porn site and starts clicking OKie Dokie to everything, you
deserve whatever you get rammed up your OS.

You're such a stupid ****. You don't get it at all. I'm not even
talking about computers here. I'm talking about banks, mortgage
companies and ****ing walmart amongst others.

Only adults are aware of those issues.

Apparently.

I'm done being civil to you. **** you very much.

Good.

Sorry for the obscenities.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:34:55 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

What utter bull****, total rewrite, what a maroon. I would like to see the
claims made by M$ regarding that. You're the first person I've ever heard
say that.

We already know that you don't keep up much.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:34:55 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

You really don't know how ignorant you are, do you? I work on PCs for a
living now dufu

Can't tell. You are so stupid that it (your work) doesn't show.

I work on PCs, Embedded, RTOS, etc., DUFUS! I also keep up with
modern security measures. You obviously do not.

So... that makes you no more than a PC tech. Even you have some lame
admin position, your skill set is no more than a PC tech, at best.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 15:32:27 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:28:40 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

7) downgraded sound/video quality in an "untrusted" environment
(why isn't everyone ****ed off about being treated like a criminal
unless you can prove otherwise) which brings us to

You're an idiot. Get legit OS and software on your system and you
won't have a problem. Also, you old CRAP hardware won't work with
new OSes as the old crap hardware makers have not/will not write new
drivers for old pieces of ****. They want you to buy new as well.
Who do you blame, boy?

What is a legit OS exactly? BTW, you completely missed the point.
Everything is not about computers.

If you have a modern display device, you need to feed it with HDMI
feeds to get high definition, or component on certain older models.
That will soon revert to HDMI only.

Stay caught up or fall behind, dip****.

I have a Vizio 42" LCD and a Mitsubishi HD1000. Neither piece is even
year-old technology. You have an archaic viewsonic, shut up now please.

8) lack of privacy and the sale of personal/financial information
as a commodity (Is everyone anesthetized? Why is this allowed to
take place?)

Where? My secured transactions ARE secure. If your dumb ass gets
on a porn site and starts clicking OKie Dokie to everything, you
deserve whatever you get rammed up your OS.

You're such a stupid ****. You don't get it at all. I'm not even
talking about computers here. I'm talking about banks, mortgage
companies and ****ing walmart amongst others.

Selling your private info? Perhaps you should use a more scrupulous
bank, and a more scrupulous mortgage co (not that you deserve a
house).

Grow up, it happens everywhere. You're just showing your ignorance again.

9) click thru license agreements (the worlds lawyers better hope I
never get three wishes)

You'd better hope I don't.

Is that a threat?

Do you want "lawyers" to ask you that same question about your
remark, you ****ing retard? Since "wishes" don't exist, how can a
threat exist, you ****ing total retard?

I'm sure that lawyers could explain the difference to you, if need be.

I could probably add to this list for days, but ........ Care to
add any yourself. I'm curious what folks here really hate about
technology abuse.

Mostly, the folks that abuse it, or are too ****ing stupid to know
how to properly use it (points finger at post author, laughing).

I'm done being civil to you. **** you very much.

Hahaha.. as if you ever were, jackass.

You really don't think so huh? Must be a comprehension problem.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:34:55 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

I have cleaned hundreds of computers of virii. Exactly
how many have you done?

I have kept viruses from infecting hundreds of PCs through proper
employee training, and proper security measures. That would be my
preferred method, and I would fire any twit that runs around after the
fact trying to fix what he should have never let happen to begin with.
That twit would be you.

You wouldn't even last through the first episode of "The Donald
Show", (The Apprentice), you know that?

Bwuahahahahahaha!
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Fuji Finepix S5200 test shot - J2.jpg - wavecap.jpg

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 15:35:44 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 01:31:25 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"

As opposed to your Etch-A-Sketch, DingDong?

Sure, bub. See attached, dip****. That's at low res captured into
paint. It is much higher res direct.

Now show us a pic of that scope sitting in the dump of hole you live
in and not on a bench at work. I bet you're lying and that's not
your personal scope. Yes I just called you a liar, now prove me
wrong.

When did I ever say it was my scope, asswipe?

You sure didn't waste any words clarifying that before, did you?

The pic John took is of a scope at his work, you ****ing retard.

It's his scope though, now isn't it?

The challenge I gave him about buying a nicer one was about his
company, you ****ing retard.

So, yes, I called you a retard, and then proved that you are one.
Now prove me wrong.

Bwuahahahahahahaha!

I'm not the one that called a $75K 20GHz DSO a POS.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:34:55 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

What with kids and their music
sharing **** that comes with spyware/adware from hell and all kinds of
trojans/rootkits and what not. You don't have a clue.

I have more of a clue than you ever will.

Nearly ever employee at our work listens to live streaming data and
we do not have ANY problems, because the admins at my workplace do
things the same way I would. It's called prevention, not mop up, boy.

Maybe one day you will get a clue and join the modern world.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:34:55 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

You don't have a clue. Windos doesn't
recognize the things I'm talking about, hell most of these things have slid
right past Norton, McAffee and the rest. They don't get quarantined, stop
trying to pretend that you know what you're talking about.

Since I work at a largely gov contracted company, we have very
specific rules, and training we go through, as well as a properly set
up system to keep the things that seem to plague you away.

It is 100% you that doesn't know what you are talking about.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:36:20 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 15:26:29 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

WFT is your problem? Why can't I buy a capture card that will
capture HD using component inputs?

Because. That is what your HD DVR is for. Don't have one? Too bad.

The word for today is:

COMPLIANCE

Compliance with what. I just told you that I would be completely within my
rights under US law to do what I wanted. The compliance is with hollywoods
wishes and not the law. Better take some time and catch up.

It's called HDCP, little boy. I caught up years ago. You are in the
dark.

I cursed folks like you years ago. Perhaps that is why, "the blind
shall not see".
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:24:26 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"

Most receivers from real sat cos (not dish) have signal strength
meters that come up on the TV the receiver is hooked to. Most

Actually Dish has this capability too. Of course they didn't send Superman
over so he couldn't look thru the roof of the house and watch the signal
strength change as he pointed it. And he also couldn't use his super
hearing to hear the tone change. I guess that's why he brought his Sat
Buddy.

installation techs have meters they hook directly to the dish with, OR

That's the Sat Buddy, but no meter, just a speaker.

they have small TV monitors to see the built in sig strength meters in

What are you going on about there? To point the dish, they don't even need
a receiver hooked up. They install from the top down. The first thing they
do is mount the dish and then work towards the sets.

the receivers. Most dishes ARE very weather resilient as sat power
levels are higher than in the 8 foot dish days, and all it really
needs is to be pointed right to begin with to have the best resistance
to slight wind perturbations.

Of what relevance is this to anything being discussed?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:15:34 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 15:20:32 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"

I don't have cable, I have Dish. When will you start paying
attention?

Your dish media is being overcompressed?

Are you saying that you can get right up to your screen and you
can't ever make out _any_ compression artifacts? If so, then you're
still a liar and you're blind.

You're an idiot. I ALSO know more about High Definition TV than you
do, as well as the transmissions of their signals, as well as what I
see when I examine such a transmission.

I worked at General Instrument when all of this started, so I have
been in it longer than you could ever have been, and have a deep
understanding of compression technologies.

I have worked on SCPC, as well as MCPC systems, and you likely don't
even know what either of those are, even though every transponder you
ever hooked into uses them.

Sure you did......

Looks like you didn't even get what you paid for.

Isn't that how life pretty much works?

Depends on who you are I guess.

Bwuahahahahahahah!

The question is, when are YOU going to start paying attention. Try
some of the online reviews posted by HD, and home theater type mags,
to start with.

For what? Dish is the only game in town for the most HD channels
that aren't basketball oriented.

You have no cable in FL?

Gawd your dense. I don't line in FL. I live in houston. I've only stated
that dozens of times.

Sheesh.

No kidding.

When was I ever kidding?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Anthony Fremont" wrote in message
Show me one capture card that has component inputs.

Here's one that might work for you:
http://www.pixelmagicsystems.com/pro...pdi_deluxe.htm . There are
others available (e.g., from aja.com), although most seem to be aimed at the
professional video market and have pretty steep price tags.

In general I think you're 100% correct that there's been significant
pressure from the RIAA/MPAA/etc. applied to the well-known manufacturers
such as ATI, Happaugge, etc. to *not* released non-DRM encumbered capture
products.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:34:55 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Of course you don't know any of this stuff, because you don't have
the experience I have. Nothing new there.

I administered **** ma and pa company networks back as far as '91
when it was Cheapernet... ethernet over coax at 2Mb/s on a good day on
286s. I also wrote the OLTP systems they used to print their invoices
and shipping labels with, as well as the underlying database.

So the "nothing new" is the fact that you again don't know what the
**** you are talking about, boy. Too many shots to the head.

OMG, now you claim to know programming. You never made that claim before.
I thinks you're just lying again.

Here's one for you. I saw the first Xerox Star workstations, the first
Ethernet and networked laser printers in the early 80's. I built my first
"personal computer" in 1978. You don't know anything.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:34:55 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

You really don't know how ignorant you are, do you? I work on PCs
for a living now dufu

Can't tell. You are so stupid that it (your work) doesn't show.

I noticed how you had allot of input about my PIC controlled VFO and the PIC
program and schematic I posted. Never seen anything like that out of you,
I'm sure I never will either.

I work on PCs, Embedded, RTOS, etc., DUFUS! I also keep up with
modern security measures. You obviously do not.

No you don't. At least not in the context that you're projecting. You're
just turning into one big ass liar. But then perhaps you always were. What
ever happened to bragging about working at Lawrence Livermoore labs? I
haven't heard any of that malarky from you in years now?

So... that makes you no more than a PC tech. Even you have some lame
admin position, your skill set is no more than a PC tech, at best.

I have my own business. How about you?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:34:55 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

I have cleaned hundreds of computers of virii. Exactly
how many have you done?

I have kept viruses from infecting hundreds of PCs through proper
employee training, and proper security measures. That would be my
preferred method, and I would fire any twit that runs around after the
fact trying to fix what he should have never let happen to begin with.
That twit would be you.

You wouldn't even last through the first episode of "The Donald
Show", (The Apprentice), you know that?

Bwuahahahahahaha!

I don't have employees. You know nothing about security, viruses, networks
or anything computer related. That much is certain.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 15:26:29 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

WFT is your problem? Why can't I buy a capture card that will
capture HD using component inputs?

Because. That is what your HD DVR is for. Don't have one? Too bad.

The word for today is:

COMPLIANCE

Compliance with what. I just told you that I would be completely
within my rights under US law to do what I wanted. The compliance
is with hollywoods wishes and not the law. Better take some time
and catch up.

It's called HDCP, little boy. I caught up years ago. You are in the
dark.

I cursed folks like you years ago. Perhaps that is why, "the blind
shall not see".

Current US law doesn't require HDCP. HDCP just prevents me from exercising
rights that I already have. Can't you understand something that simple?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:40:12 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

I'll run right out and buy a Tivo and hook it to my Dish receiver, and
how???? If I wanted DVR functionality from Dish, I'd have to use their
equipment and pay for rental. Stick to what you know.

You are obviously unaware of emerging devices.

http://www.pixelmagicsystems.com/pro...pdi_deluxe.htm

Dish Network offers customers the DISH Player-DVR 942 HD Receiver with
DVR functionality.

DirectTV:

http://www.pvrblog.com/pvr/2005/11/new_directv_uni.html

Others

http://www.snapstream.com/Products/beyondtv/

http://www.westlake-electronic.com/c..._no=AJA-KONA-3

http://www.engadgethd.com/2006/09/13...-card-for-249/

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_nexus.html

You might also want to examine the cover story on the
April 2 EE Times.

No matter what you get, if the protected content flag is in place,
the hardware won't let you do full resolution with it.

But my NVidia 8800 GTS and my Windows Vista Ultimate does.
Hahahahahahahaha!

Bwuahahahahahahah!
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Joel Kolstad wrote:
"Anthony Fremont" wrote in message
Show me one capture card that has component inputs.

Here's one that might work for you:
http://www.pixelmagicsystems.com/pro...pdi_deluxe.htm . There
are others available (e.g., from aja.com), although most seem to be
aimed at the professional video market and have pretty steep price
tags.

Thanks for the link. Unless I missed something, it won't capture HD quality
signals. AFAIK, there are no (and never will be) any HD capture cards that
have analog inputs. MP seems to have trouble understanding my point here.
There is nothing illegal about making or using such cards, they just don't
exist due to political pressures. Another horrid thing is to buy a DVD
player that upconverts and then try to use the component outputs as input to
an HD TV. Most players (there are very few exceptions) will not output the
upconverted signal on the component outputs. This is the most assinine
thing ever. The DVD was only SD to start with and the upconversion is
artificial, yet the RIAA/MPAA/etc have gotten the manufacturers to even deny
you that signal in an "untrusted" environment. MP makes like he knows all
about this stuff, but he really seems to know very little of the details.

In general I think you're 100% correct that there's been significant
pressure from the RIAA/MPAA/etc. applied to the well-known
manufacturers such as ATI, Happaugge, etc. to *not* released non-DRM
encumbered capture products.

I think "significant" might be an understatement. ;-)

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:40:12 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

I'll run right out and buy a Tivo and hook it to my Dish receiver,
and how???? If I wanted DVR functionality from Dish, I'd have to
use their equipment and pay for rental. Stick to what you know.

You are obviously unaware of emerging devices.

http://www.pixelmagicsystems.com/pro...pdi_deluxe.htm

Not HD.

Dish Network offers customers the DISH Player-DVR 942 HD Receiver with
DVR functionality.

Under their rules and over compression.

DirectTV:

http://www.pvrblog.com/pvr/2005/11/new_directv_uni.html

Does me no good.

Others

http://www.snapstream.com/Products/beyondtv/

http://www.westlake-electronic.com/c..._no=AJA-KONA-3

http://www.engadgethd.com/2006/09/13...-card-for-249/

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_nexus.html

You might also want to examine the cover story on the
April 2 EE Times.

No matter what you get, if the protected content flag is in place,
the hardware won't let you do full resolution with it.

How often do you think it won't be set? During commercials?

But my NVidia 8800 GTS and my Windows Vista Ultimate does.
Hahahahahahahaha!

Bwuahahahahahahah!

I bet none of those have analog inputs, do they? If you think a Dish box is
going to feed an HD signal to some HDMI capture card, your crazy. This is
my whole point, they will use the technology to intentionally not be
compatible and to deny you your rights that you already have. It's about
choice and freedom. You don't get it though, so just forget it.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:42:43 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Sorry for the obscenities.

You're sorry alright, virustard boy.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:46:57 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

I have a Vizio 42" LCD and a Mitsubishi HD1000. Neither piece is even
year-old technology. You have an archaic viewsonic, shut up now please.

Yet you are ****ing and moaning about DRM. Get a clue.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:48:02 -0400, Nappy Headed Ho
Gave us:

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 14:39:25 -0700, MassiveProng wrote:

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:34:55 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Therein lies the problem. NTFS
lets things like this happen. Another fun one is the eternally "busy" file.
Even when you put the drive in another machine as a slave and try to delete
one of these files, you get "file busy" errors and are unable to kill them.

You're an idiot. Boot up Knoppix Live CD and you can kill ANY NTFS
file at ANY TIME, you ****ing retard.

That also holds true for many other Linux Live CDs like Ubuntu or
others.

Got Clue? I DON"T KNOW ABOUT OSes? Bwuahahahahahah! Sure, bub.

You need to mount NTFS volumes with special parameters to write to NTFS.
Merely booting a live linux distro won't give you access, Prongboi.

Wrong! You have been out of the loop too long, ditz.

They now have NTFS R/W access down in Linux, and that includes the
Live CD I recommended, Knoppix.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:42:43 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Sorry for the obscenities.

You're sorry alright, virustard boy.

Pay's alright, hours are great, and I don't have to work with people like
you if I don't want. Unlike your unfortunate workmates. Give them my
condolences.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:50:04 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

I'm not the one that called a $75K 20GHz DSO a POS.

I called his photo method a POS, and if the scope can't put out what
it saves, then it is as well, no matter what it costs.

Also, that isn't what he paid, that is what he said the other option
costs.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
[...]

He's not wrong. You have to mount the filesystem with special arguments to
write to it. It's been that way since write capability was added to the
driver. You don't know what you're talking about. At any rate, XP is the
OS I was talking about, not Linux. I shouldn't have to have another OS
handy just to work on one. M$ is lame, when will you understand that?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:46:57 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

I have a Vizio 42" LCD and a Mitsubishi HD1000. Neither piece is
even year-old technology. You have an archaic viewsonic, shut up
now please.

Yet you are ****ing and moaning about DRM. Get a clue.

You don't even understand the points I'm trying to make, yet you argue
on....non stop. As for DRM, how long should Mickey Mouse be denied his
rightful place in the public domain? His creator has been dead for decades.
Or don't you understand the plain English in the Constitution about "for a
limited time"?

The real problem here is that you don't have current enough technology to
see how this is being misused. Once you get current, you will see the
annoying side effects of all this nonseniscle hand-shaking going on with
equipment as it attempts to establish trust relationships at all stages of
signal processing. Do some research, check out peoples real world problems
and complaints. It is you that is behind the times.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:04:52 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:24:26 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"

Most receivers from real sat cos (not dish) have signal strength
meters that come up on the TV the receiver is hooked to. Most

Actually Dish has this capability too. Of course they didn't send Superman
over so he couldn't look thru the roof of the house and watch the signal
strength change as he pointed it. And he also couldn't use his super
hearing to hear the tone change. I guess that's why he brought his Sat
Buddy.

You forgot where I mentioned they have TV monitors (LCD).

installation techs have meters they hook directly to the dish with, OR

That's the Sat Buddy, but no meter, just a speaker.

No, idiot. That is "Dish brand" retards. I was talking about real
satellite techs with real meters, installing real systems, not some
lame system that wanted nothing more than to suck suckers like you's
wallets dry.

they have small TV monitors to see the built in sig strength meters in

What are you going on about there?

I knew you would be too retarded to get it.

To point the dish, they don't even need
a receiver hooked up.

Since the system I was talking about includes a signal strength
meter IN the receiver, which BTW facilitates subscriber self
installation, they DO use a receiver in such cases.

They install from the top down.

Funny, how so many dishes around here are installed at ground level.
That is regardless of the fact that I was talking about being AT the
dish with the equipment mentioned.

The first thing they
do is mount the dish and then work towards the sets.

No ****! If you were any more retarded, you'd have to be someone's
feces.

the receivers. Most dishes ARE very weather resilient as sat power
levels are higher than in the 8 foot dish days, and all it really
needs is to be pointed right to begin with to have the best resistance
to slight wind perturbations.

Of what relevance is this to anything being discussed?

You, ****ing and moaning about outages during storms, dip****.
Clouds don't inhibit the signal, dish movements do when they are
pointed slightly off to start with. You are truly clueless, and I
know that the moment you declared install techs as not knowing
anything.

Does anyone but you know anything in the world, boy?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:07:06 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Sure you did......

I was at GI when DVD was conceived, when cable modems were conceived
by GI and Motorola, and when HDTV broadcast standards were created.
That was from '94 through '96 and the HDTV guru was Woo Paik, who now
leads LG.

So **** you again, little boy. You know ****ing NOTHING! You are a
gov tit sucking twit.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:07:06 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Gawd your dense. I don't line in FL. I live in houston. I've only stated
that dozens of times.

You trying to tell me that Houston doesn't have cable?

Only an idiot buys into that "satellite is better" crap. Are you
one such idiot?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 15:09:47 -0700, "Joel Kolstad"
Gave us:

In general I think you're 100% correct that there's been significant
pressure from the RIAA/MPAA/etc. applied to the well-known manufacturers
such as ATI, Happaugge, etc. to *not* released non-DRM encumbered capture
products.

Wrong. It was LAW and the standard from the get go.

****ing retards, all of you that don't know about modern Hi Def.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:11:09 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
[...]

Where did Arcnet come from, know it all? That was before ethernet.

Can you even name the company without looking it up?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:14:23 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

What
ever happened to bragging about working at Lawrence Livermoore labs?

I never said that, you retarded ****.

I SAID that I made a product that they bought. I ALSO made products
for LANL and NOAA as well as many military bases for old fighter
programs like the F-4.

That would be Hill AFB, and items that went to Japan, a current
ally.

My gear has gone up on several weather balloons (NOAA), and looks at
nuke warheads to see how they are doing (LANL), as well as space
shuttle experiments.

They are HV power supplies, another thing you likely know little or
nothing about, since you can't even read a Usenet post without getting
it wrong.

And it wasn't bragging, you retarded ****. It was a discussion.
Something you have been unable to do properly for years without
mouthing off, so back in your face, retard boy.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
[...]

But that doesn't pertain to the current topic. We're talking about Dish
idiots.

they have small TV monitors to see the built in sig strength meters
in

What are you going on about there?

I knew you would be too retarded to get it.

To point the dish, they don't even need
a receiver hooked up.

Since the system I was talking about includes a signal strength
meter IN the receiver, which BTW facilitates subscriber self
installation, they DO use a receiver in such cases.

Dish doesn't allow self installs.

They install from the top down.

Funny, how so many dishes around here are installed at ground level.
That is regardless of the fact that I was talking about being AT the
dish with the equipment mentioned.

With 60' trees in the back yard, the roof makes better sense.

The first thing they
do is mount the dish and then work towards the sets.

No ****! If you were any more retarded, you'd have to be someone's
feces.

There is no need to do it that way. They could just as easily do it in
reverse.

the receivers. Most dishes ARE very weather resilient as sat power
levels are higher than in the 8 foot dish days, and all it really
needs is to be pointed right to begin with to have the best
resistance to slight wind perturbations.

Of what relevance is this to anything being discussed?

You, ****ing and moaning about outages during storms, dip****.
Clouds don't inhibit the signal, dish movements do when they are
pointed slightly off to start with. You are truly clueless, and I
know that the moment you declared install techs as not knowing
anything.

Rain certainly blocks microwaves, or are you really that dense? To repeat
myself again, it rains at rates of 8"/hour here. It does that all the time.
Believe me, the signal isn't getting thru no matter how good you point it.
And clouds can most certainly block the signal when it's a heavy electrical
storm system even though it's bright and sunny at my house. You obviously
don't have Dish, you don't live here in houston where torential downpours
are par for the course, and you don't know what you're talking about yet
again.

Does anyone but you know anything in the world, boy?

Of course. I don't claim to "know it all". I never have, but I will speak
up when I have experience with something. I don't make **** up, or tell big
lies, but if it sounds like bragging to you, well then tough **** asshole.
It ain't bragging when you can back it up.

Do you always have to act like you are the final authority on things?