Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Anthony Fremont Anthony Fremont is offline

Default Fuji Finepix S5200 test shot - J2.jpg

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:48:02 -0400, Nappy Headed Ho
Gave us:

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 14:39:25 -0700, MassiveProng wrote:

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:34:55 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Therein lies the problem. NTFS
lets things like this happen. Another fun one is the eternally
"busy" file. Even when you put the drive in another machine as a
slave and try to delete one of these files, you get "file busy"
errors and are unable to kill them.

You're an idiot. Boot up Knoppix Live CD and you can kill ANY NTFS
file at ANY TIME, you ****ing retard.

That also holds true for many other Linux Live CDs like Ubuntu or
others.

Got Clue? I DON"T KNOW ABOUT OSes? Bwuahahahahahah! Sure, bub.

You need to mount NTFS volumes with special parameters to write to
NTFS. Merely booting a live linux distro won't give you access,
Prongboi.

Wrong! You have been out of the loop too long, ditz.

They now have NTFS R/W access down in Linux, and that includes the
Live CD I recommended, Knoppix.

He's not wrong. You have to mount the filesystem with special arguments to
write to it. It's been that way since write capability was added to the
driver. You don't know what you're talking about. At any rate, XP is the
OS I was talking about, not Linux. I shouldn't have to have another OS
handy just to work on one. M$ is lame, when will you understand that?