Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
MassiveProng MassiveProng is offline

Default Fuji Finepix S5200 test shot - J2.jpg

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:04:52 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:24:26 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"

Most receivers from real sat cos (not dish) have signal strength
meters that come up on the TV the receiver is hooked to. Most

Actually Dish has this capability too. Of course they didn't send Superman
over so he couldn't look thru the roof of the house and watch the signal
strength change as he pointed it. And he also couldn't use his super
hearing to hear the tone change. I guess that's why he brought his Sat
Buddy.

You forgot where I mentioned they have TV monitors (LCD).

installation techs have meters they hook directly to the dish with, OR

That's the Sat Buddy, but no meter, just a speaker.

No, idiot. That is "Dish brand" retards. I was talking about real
satellite techs with real meters, installing real systems, not some
lame system that wanted nothing more than to suck suckers like you's
wallets dry.

they have small TV monitors to see the built in sig strength meters in

What are you going on about there?

I knew you would be too retarded to get it.

To point the dish, they don't even need
a receiver hooked up.

Since the system I was talking about includes a signal strength
meter IN the receiver, which BTW facilitates subscriber self
installation, they DO use a receiver in such cases.

They install from the top down.

Funny, how so many dishes around here are installed at ground level.
That is regardless of the fact that I was talking about being AT the
dish with the equipment mentioned.

The first thing they
do is mount the dish and then work towards the sets.

No ****! If you were any more retarded, you'd have to be someone's
feces.

the receivers. Most dishes ARE very weather resilient as sat power
levels are higher than in the 8 foot dish days, and all it really
needs is to be pointed right to begin with to have the best resistance
to slight wind perturbations.

Of what relevance is this to anything being discussed?

You, ****ing and moaning about outages during storms, dip****.
Clouds don't inhibit the signal, dish movements do when they are
pointed slightly off to start with. You are truly clueless, and I
know that the moment you declared install techs as not knowing
anything.

Does anyone but you know anything in the world, boy?