Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Anthony Fremont Anthony Fremont is offline

Default Fuji Finepix S5200 test shot - J2.jpg

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 15:23:48 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:28:40 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

5) Operating systems that have the nerve to tell a sysadmin level
user "Access denied" in order to protect the virus (gawd, I could
just shoot myself sometimes)

You may have had "sysadmin" level access, but you are certainly NOT
a sysadmin if you cannot operate the system without this being a
problem. Perhaps you *should* just shoot yourself... sometime
soon, preferably.

XP does this dumbass. I can't wait till you find out for yourself
some time and come whining in here. I'm sure Vista will do better
and make it completely impossible for me to kill a file.

Vista is nothing like XP. You seem to think it is XP in a new
facade.

You know nothing about computers or OS's. I was a programmer for 25 years,
it's just another version of XP with some change-ups. It's still an NTFS
filesystem and that is all that matters. Therein lies the problem. NTFS
lets things like this happen. Another fun one is the eternally "busy" file.
Even when you put the drive in another machine as a slave and try to delete
one of these files, you get "file busy" errors and are unable to kill them.
Of course you don't know any of this stuff, because you don't have the
experience I have. Nothing new there.

You couldn't be more wrong. It is a full re-write, and file

What utter bull****, total rewrite, what a maroon. I would like to see the
claims made by M$ regarding that. You're the first person I've ever heard
say that.

quarantine is what it does with a virus file, when it grabs one, while
it has its security turned on. It also allows you to delete it.

I wouldn't expect you to understand though.

You really don't know how ignorant you are, do you? I work on PCs for a
living now dufus. I have cleaned hundreds of computers of virii. Exactly
how many have you done? I've done over 90% of them without wiping the OS
and I've fought some pretty ****ty stuff. What with kids and their music
sharing **** that comes with spyware/adware from hell and all kinds of
trojans/rootkits and what not. You don't have a clue. Windos doesn't
recognize the things I'm talking about, hell most of these things have slid
right past Norton, McAffee and the rest. They don't get quarantined, stop
trying to pretend that you know what you're talking about.