TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

Old February 20th 13, 08:07 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

"dennis@home" wrote:
On 20/02/2013 15:57, polygonum wrote:
On 20/02/2013 13:58, dennis@home wrote:
On 20/02/2013 08:15, polygonum wrote:

One of the better statins has just dropped (or is about to drop) in
price by something like 92% due to becoming available as a generic. (And
though I am not generally keen on statins, some people might 'need'
them. And that serves as a ready example.)

Atorvastatin has just gone generic.
Its got less side effects than simvastatin AFAIK and quite a lot of
people are being switched over ATM.

I was on Atorvastatin anyway as a week of Simvastatin would make it
difficult to move.

My cholesterol is so low I have never looked at statins at all for me -
so tend to forget which is which.

My cholesterol is so low they were going to give me tablets to increase
it. Then they decided to lower the limits and I just get in at the bottom end.

My cholesterol is MINE and no effing doctor is going to ruin my life by
testing me.

Tim
Old February 20th 13, 08:38 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/02/2013 18:30, polygonum wrote:

One of the very significant effects of the internet is that patients are
now able to look things up and check them out in ways never previously
viable.

And find that in the USA commonalty available substances such as iodine
and silver will cure all know serious diseases and medical conditions so
there is no need to go to the doctor.

Old February 20th 13, 08:52 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/02/2013 16:40, Tim Streater wrote:

And how low is "low enough"? 1% horsemeat seems to be causing the
chatterati to have a fit of the vapours. But what about .1%? Or 0.001%?

And how much of 100% beef is the BSE infected cows brain and spinal cord?

Old February 20th 13, 09:09 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim+" wrote in message
"dennis@home" wrote:
[...]

That’s one way to get a bit of selection back into the system.

Unfortunately its way past reproduction time.

Old February 20th 13, 09:52 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Champ
writes
On 17/02/2013 23:25, geoff wrote:
Meanwhile, what also happens is you get someone in south america, SE
Asia or wherever with his saucerfull of pills - antibiotics and others
who feel a botr off colour, so he pops a pill ... or maybe two and then
feels better, a perfect incubation medium for developing antibiotic
resistant strains of whatever you want to name

You should also read about "growth promoters" for livestock. And be
really worried

Illegal within the EU.

--
Tim Lamb
Old February 20th 13, 09:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Windmill
writes
DrTeeth writes:

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 00:07:56 GMT, just as I was about to take a herb,
(Windmill) disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

They say that antibiotic resistance can even be spread from one type of
bacterium to another.

It is a fact, not a 'they say'.

I was implying that I didn't know for sure. That for myself it was
hearsay, not something I'd checked.

Strange thing is that they knew about resistance 50 years ago, but
didn't ensure that it was generally understood by patients.

Patients do not need to understand it, they just need to do what they
are told by those that do.

That's one of the problems.
I'm sure you don't necessarily and automatically do everything an
expert tells you, not at least unless given reasons.
And even the best of antibiotics seem to have some minor side-effects,
on me at least, providing a false motivation for stopping early.
And people just forget that which appears to be trivial.

So if doctors want to improve the chances that a course of antibiotics
will be taken to completion, it will be best to explain why rather than
relying on the doctor-is-God idea.

Had I not been told by a medical student 50 years ago about the
resistance problem, I would over the years have added to it.
But I went to school with the guy, and he wasn't yet a doctor, so he
hadn't yet begun to suffer from the notion that he was God and
would/must be obeyed at all times.

Doctor doctor I'm suffering from morning sickness

Here take these pills

Are they safe?
of course they are. How dare you question my authority? Besides we've
tested them on rats.

Doctor doctor my babies got no arms
--
bert
Old February 20th 13, 10:00 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 20:52:49 +0000, alan wrote:

On 20/02/2013 16:40, Tim Streater wrote:

And how low is "low enough"? 1% horsemeat seems to be causing the
chatterati to have a fit of the vapours. But what about .1%? Or 0.001%?

And how much of 100% beef is the BSE infected cows brain and spinal
cord?

In UK slaughtered animals

0%

--
"It's called a shovel... I've seen gardeners use them. You
stick the sharp end in the ground. Then it gets a bit
Old February 20th 13, 10:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/02/2013 20:38, alan wrote:
On 19/02/2013 18:30, polygonum wrote:

One of the very significant effects of the internet is that patients are
now able to look things up and check them out in ways never previously
viable.

And find that in the USA commonalty available substances such as iodine
and silver will cure all know serious diseases and medical conditions so
there is no need to go to the doctor.

You obviously look in the wrong places!!! Iodide at a rate of 0.2 mg per
mouse causes what appears very like autoimmune thyroiditis. So I am
careful not to follow the people who shout "Lugol's solution" from the
rooftops. :-)

--
Rod
Old February 20th 13, 10:40 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Nomad" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 20:52:49 +0000, alan wrote:

On 20/02/2013 16:40, Tim Streater wrote:

And how low is "low enough"? 1% horsemeat seems to be causing the
chatterati to have a fit of the vapours. But what about .1%? Or 0.001%?

And how much of 100% beef is the BSE infected cows brain and spinal
cord?

In UK slaughtered animals

0%

Just as true of horse meat presumably.

Old February 20th 13, 11:07 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message , Andy
Champ writes
On 17/02/2013 23:25, geoff wrote:
Meanwhile, what also happens is you get someone in south america, SE
Asia or wherever with his saucerfull of pills - antibiotics and others
who feel a botr off colour, so he pops a pill ... or maybe two and then
feels better, a perfect incubation medium for developing antibiotic
resistant strains of whatever you want to name

You should also read about "growth promoters" for livestock. And be
really worried

Illegal within the EU.

So is selling horsemeat as beef.
--