Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

On 22/02/2013 22:51, Steve Firth wrote:
Andy Champ wrote:
On 21/02/2013 23:44, Steve Firth wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 00:07:56 GMT, just as I was about to take a herb,
lid (Windmill) disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

They say that antibiotic resistance can even be spread from one type of
bacterium to another.

It is a fact, not a 'they say'.
Perhaps you could explain the mechanism of this fact?

snip

It's a fact. It's not even an obscure one, and I'm surprised you haven't come across it.

What makes you think I haven't come across it? I was manipulating plasmids
and transferring antibiotic resistance between species in the 1970s.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizontal_gene_transfer

Grandmother, eggs.

Clearly what you missed is that the pompous fang mangler didn't have a
clue.

Looks to me as if he knew. It also looked to me as if you didn't - and
as I said I was surprised at your apparent implication that this was
*not* a fact. Still... is this a 5 minute argument or a 10 minute one?

Andy