Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

On Feb 22, 10:51*pm, Steve Firth wrote:
harry wrote:
On Feb 22, 2:57 pm, Andy Champ wrote:
On 21/02/2013 23:44, Steve Firth wrote: *wrote:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 00:07:56 GMT, just as I was about to take a herb,
*(Windmill) disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

They say that antibiotic resistance can even be spread from one type of
bacterium to another.

It is a fact, not a 'they say'.
Perhaps you could explain the mechanism of this fact?

snip

It's a fact. It's not even an obscure one, and I'm surprised you haven't
come across it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizontal_gene_transfer

Andy

When you think, it must be so.
If bacteria multiply by division, how else could they change/evolve.?

Oh FFS. They could evolve without the ability to transfer plasmids between
cells. It would just be slower.

How, when the cell divides into two parts identical to the one that
went before?