Woodworking (rec.woodworking) Discussion forum covering all aspects of working with wood. All levels of expertise are encouraged to particiapte.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #111   Report Post  
Old April 7th 21, 10:47 PM posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,995
Default jointers

On 4/7/2021 1:38 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
wrote:

On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 14:01:48 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Medicare was just fine until the Republicans started dismantling
it a couple decades ago. Leading to the current mess.


Oh, horse****. It was a mess from day one. It's not Medicare that's
the problem, idiot. It's government and everyone of you socialists
who think it's the answer to all that ales us. It's *not*.


+10²

"Fascism in its purest form cannot be implemented without universal healthcare." -Hitler

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video...oqOYmSVxTn.mp4

LOL



Have you noticed that the Democratic leaders always go with to as I say,
not as I do? They live under different rules. And they know what is
best for you. They don't want you to worry about a thing including a
safe and sound voting system. The more ignorant the voter the more
likely he or she will follow the shepherds lead. The Democratic voters
mostly remind me of cattle in the field waiting on some one to feed them
and lead them to the slaughter house.

  #112   Report Post  
Old April 8th 21, 02:22 AM posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Dec 2016
Posts: 2,453
Default jointers

On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 17:55:36 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 14:01:48 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 19:26:22 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 15:11:27 -0400,
wrote:


I forgot to add, that all of this (plan availability, cost, insurance
company, and coverage) varies by zip code. It really is a huge mess.

Indeed. A single pool, single payer system with mandatory enrollment
for all seems far easier to manage, far better outcomes and better
for the mental and physical health of retirees. No holes, there aren't 51 million
different plans, no hidden bills and universal coverage within the
entire country.

Not buying it. Our government would screw up a wet dream. NO chance
I want a takeover of healthcare or even insurance. They gave us
Medicare.

Medicare was just fine until the Republicans started dismantling
it a couple decades ago. Leading to the current mess.


Oh, horse****. It was a mess from day one. It's not Medicare that's
the problem, idiot. It's government and everyone of you socialists
who think it's the answer to all that ales us. It's *not*.

Universal health care works quite well in Canada, the UK,
Down Under, and in many other countries; I don't see why
it can't work here as well. Can't be worse than the current
system.

They don't have the corruption to the level of the US congress, which
just got massively worse, BTW.


You have a pretty active imagination.

And you clearly don't understand the meaning of the term 'socialist'
which has zero to do with a single-payer insurance pool.

But that's par for the course, it seems, for trump supporters.


Like all lefties, you're simply a liar. Nothing new here.
  #113   Report Post  
Old April 8th 21, 05:40 PM posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Nov 2006
Posts: 14,681
Default jointers

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 9:22:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 17:55:36 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 14:01:48 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 19:26:22 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 15:11:27 -0400, wrote:


I forgot to add, that all of this (plan availability, cost, insurance
company, and coverage) varies by zip code. It really is a huge mess..

Indeed. A single pool, single payer system with mandatory enrollment
for all seems far easier to manage, far better outcomes and better
for the mental and physical health of retirees. No holes, there aren't 51 million
different plans, no hidden bills and universal coverage within the
entire country.

Not buying it. Our government would screw up a wet dream. NO chance
I want a takeover of healthcare or even insurance. They gave us
Medicare.

Medicare was just fine until the Republicans started dismantling
it a couple decades ago. Leading to the current mess.

Oh, horse****. It was a mess from day one. It's not Medicare that's
the problem, idiot. It's government and everyone of you socialists
who think it's the answer to all that ales us. It's *not*.

Universal health care works quite well in Canada, the UK,
Down Under, and in many other countries; I don't see why
it can't work here as well. Can't be worse than the current
system.

They don't have the corruption to the level of the US congress, which
just got massively worse, BTW.


You have a pretty active imagination.

And you clearly don't understand the meaning of the term 'socialist'
which has zero to do with a single-payer insurance pool.

But that's par for the course, it seems, for trump supporters.

Like all lefties, you're simply a liar. Nothing new here.


This is really weird.

My newsreader says I’m reading rec.woodworking but it seems
like I’m reading alt.home.repair. Strange. Must be a bug.
  #114   Report Post  
Old April 8th 21, 08:44 PM posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,995
Default jointers

On 4/7/2021 9:01 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Snip



Medicare was just fine until the Republicans started dismantling
it a couple decades ago. Leading to the current mess.

Universal health care works quite well in Canada, the UK,
Down Under, and in many other countries; I don't see why
it can't work here as well. Can't be worse than the current
system.





According to an update posted to the CDC'S travel notices page on April
2, the agency has listed Canada as a Level 4 health risk due to the
infection high rate of more than 100 new cases per 100,000 people over
the past 28 days. The advisory warns: "Because of the current situation
in Canada, even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting
and spreading COVID-19 variants and should avoid all travel to Canada."

I'm not sure if this would be an endorsement for health care in Canada.
  #115   Report Post  
Old April 8th 21, 09:07 PM posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,250
Default jointers

Leon [email protected] writes:
On 4/7/2021 9:01 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Snip



Medicare was just fine until the Republicans started dismantling
it a couple decades ago. Leading to the current mess.

Universal health care works quite well in Canada, the UK,
Down Under, and in many other countries; I don't see why
it can't work here as well. Can't be worse than the current
system.





According to an update posted to the CDC'S travel notices page on April
2, the agency has listed Canada as a Level 4 health risk due to the
infection high rate of more than 100 new cases per 100,000 people over
the past 28 days. The advisory warns: "Because of the current situation
in Canada, even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting
and spreading COVID-19 variants and should avoid all travel to Canada."

I'm not sure if this would be an endorsement for health care in Canada.


I don't see anything there related to health care in Canada. They
have ignorant rednecks that won't mask just like we do.


  #116   Report Post  
Old April 8th 21, 11:09 PM posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Apr 2017
Posts: 359
Default jointers

On 4/8/2021 11:40 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 9:22:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 17:55:36 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 14:01:48 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:



[SNIP]

You have a pretty active imagination.

And you clearly don't understand the meaning of the term 'socialist'
which has zero to do with a single-payer insurance pool.

But that's par for the course, it seems, for trump supporters.

Like all lefties, you're simply a liar. Nothing new here.


This is really weird.

My newsreader says I’m reading rec.woodworking but it seems
like I’m reading alt.home.repair. Strange. Must be a bug.


No problem, DerbyDad. Just wait un til the Demorats get around to their
Medicare single-payer system. You'll likely wait 8 to 10 months to read
about all this stuff but it will be mixed in articles on gardening and
fairy tales. LOL!
  #117   Report Post  
Old April 8th 21, 11:13 PM posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,995
Default jointers

On 4/8/2021 3:07 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon [email protected] writes:
On 4/7/2021 9:01 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Snip



Medicare was just fine until the Republicans started dismantling
it a couple decades ago. Leading to the current mess.

Universal health care works quite well in Canada, the UK,
Down Under, and in many other countries; I don't see why
it can't work here as well. Can't be worse than the current
system.





According to an update posted to the CDC'S travel notices page on April
2, the agency has listed Canada as a Level 4 health risk due to the
infection high rate of more than 100 new cases per 100,000 people over
the past 28 days. The advisory warns: "Because of the current situation
in Canada, even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting
and spreading COVID-19 variants and should avoid all travel to Canada."

I'm not sure if this would be an endorsement for health care in Canada.


I don't see anything there related to health care in Canada. They
have ignorant rednecks that won't mask just like we do.



Every country has theirs. :~)

But I would think a better health system would have a better inoculation
ratio, easier to get inoculated, therefore fewer infections.

BUT! being inoculated does not prevent you from contaminating some one
else. It just means you personally will probably not get sick when you
are exposed again.
  #118   Report Post  
Old April 8th 21, 11:28 PM posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Apr 2017
Posts: 359
Default jointers

On 4/8/2021 5:13 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/8/2021 3:07 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon [email protected] writes:
On 4/7/2021 9:01 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:


[SNIP]


I don't see anything there related to health care in Canada.* They
have ignorant rednecks that won't mask just like we do.



Every country has theirs.* :~)

But I would think a better health system would have a better inoculation
ratio, easier to get inoculated, therefore fewer infections.

BUT! being inoculated does not prevent you from contaminating some one
else.* It just means you personally will probably not get sick when you
are exposed again.


Actually, Leon, there was a study just report over the weekend or early
this week claiming that if you're fully inoculated with the Covid-19
vaccine you are highly unlikely to be a carrier of the virus.
Personally, I'm following the masking and washing guidelines until a lot
more time has passed. Take it all with a grain of salt.

If Universal Health care is so great in Canada, why do our neighbors to
the north continue to come to the States for treatment. Might the
average (most recent I found) 20.9 weeks between the time their Canadian
GP refers them to a specialist and when the specialist sees them have
something to do with it? The last two occasions where I was referred to
a specialist it was 3 weeks and 1 day respectively.
  #119   Report Post  
Old Yesterday, 02:05 AM posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Dec 2016
Posts: 2,453
Default jointers

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 09:40:29 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 9:22:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 17:55:36 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 14:01:48 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 19:26:22 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 15:11:27 -0400, wrote:


I forgot to add, that all of this (plan availability, cost, insurance
company, and coverage) varies by zip code. It really is a huge mess.

Indeed. A single pool, single payer system with mandatory enrollment
for all seems far easier to manage, far better outcomes and better
for the mental and physical health of retirees. No holes, there aren't 51 million
different plans, no hidden bills and universal coverage within the
entire country.

Not buying it. Our government would screw up a wet dream. NO chance
I want a takeover of healthcare or even insurance. They gave us
Medicare.

Medicare was just fine until the Republicans started dismantling
it a couple decades ago. Leading to the current mess.

Oh, horse****. It was a mess from day one. It's not Medicare that's
the problem, idiot. It's government and everyone of you socialists
who think it's the answer to all that ales us. It's *not*.

Universal health care works quite well in Canada, the UK,
Down Under, and in many other countries; I don't see why
it can't work here as well. Can't be worse than the current
system.

They don't have the corruption to the level of the US congress, which
just got massively worse, BTW.

You have a pretty active imagination.

And you clearly don't understand the meaning of the term 'socialist'
which has zero to do with a single-payer insurance pool.

But that's par for the course, it seems, for trump supporters.

Like all lefties, you're simply a liar. Nothing new here.


This is really weird.

My newsreader says Im reading rec.woodworking but it seems
like Im reading alt.home.repair. Strange. Must be a bug.


Termites
  #120   Report Post  
Old Yesterday, 02:39 AM posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Dec 2016
Posts: 2,453
Default jointers

hOn Thu, 8 Apr 2021 17:28:02 -0500, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

On 4/8/2021 5:13 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/8/2021 3:07 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon [email protected] writes:
On 4/7/2021 9:01 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:


[SNIP]


I don't see anything there related to health care in Canada.* They
have ignorant rednecks that won't mask just like we do.



Every country has theirs.* :~)

But I would think a better health system would have a better inoculation
ratio, easier to get inoculated, therefore fewer infections.

BUT! being inoculated does not prevent you from contaminating some one
else.* It just means you personally will probably not get sick when you
are exposed again.


Actually, Leon, there was a study just report over the weekend or early
this week claiming that if you're fully inoculated with the Covid-19
vaccine you are highly unlikely to be a carrier of the virus.
Personally, I'm following the masking and washing guidelines until a lot
more time has passed. Take it all with a grain of salt.


I never did. Pretty much Everything opened up here last June/July.
Before that we used curbside service at restaurants and inside dining
since. I would never have worn a mask if businesses didn't require
it. ...and I see fools driving down the road, alone, wearing masks.
It's really too funny.

If Universal Health care is so great in Canada, why do our neighbors to
the north continue to come to the States for treatment. Might the
average (most recent I found) 20.9 weeks between the time their Canadian
GP refers them to a specialist and when the specialist sees them have
something to do with it? The last two occasions where I was referred to
a specialist it was 3 weeks and 1 day respectively.


Having healthcare insurance is not the same has having health care.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone know *anything* about Vega jointers? hylourgos Woodworking 3 January 2nd 05 11:55 AM
Fixed blade POWERED jointers. Jay Pique Woodworking 15 September 5th 04 12:18 PM
6" jointers: Jet 6CSX vs. Delta 37-275X? Tom Lindsay Woodworking 5 December 31st 03 04:38 AM
book review - Jointers and Planers: How to Choose, Use and Maintain Them (Rick Peters) Woodworking 1 December 17th 03 05:23 PM
Planers versus jointers McQualude Woodworking 22 September 2nd 03 10:33 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"

 

Copyright © 2017