Posted to rec.woodworking

Default jointers

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 16:20:35 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 6:17:22 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 12:58:09 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 3:26:34 PM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
On 4/9/2021 9:58 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

On 4/8/2021 5:13 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/8/2021 3:07 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 4/7/2021 9:01 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

[SNIP]

I don't see anything there related to health care in Canada. They
have ignorant rednecks that won't mask just like we do.

Every country has theirs. :~)

But I would think a better health system would have a better inoculation
ratio, easier to get inoculated, therefore fewer infections.

BUT! being inoculated does not prevent you from contaminating some one
else. It just means you personally will probably not get sick when you
are exposed again.

Actually, Leon, there was a study just report over the weekend or early
this week claiming that if you're fully inoculated with the Covid-19
vaccine you are highly unlikely to be a carrier of the virus.
Personally, I'm following the masking and washing guidelines until a lot
more time has passed. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Masks are nothing more than a visual symbol of
our acquiescence and subservience to democrats'
power over us. You think they'll ever give this
up?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EyeCX4IXIAg4gzC.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EyeazDOXMAYznxc.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eyd9qYnXIAAzdfU.jpg

If we're talking about the mask protecting MJE from you transmitting the
virus, I don't buy the mask wearing. OTOH, I will go along with me
wearing one to decrease the odds of me infecting you should I pick up
the virus and be asymptomatic.

We can argue about one party or the other exerting control, but to say
that's the impetus for mask wearing in the current climate is rather
ignorant. How many times in the past, hundred plus years have you seen
or heard of surgical procedures conducted by personnel who were not
masked. They're not wearing the mask to protect themselves.

As for the comment somebody made about the folks driving alone in their
cars wearing them. Yeah, about the only thing that is good for is a laugh.

Ever consider that the person simply forgot to take it off?

No.
If you ever saw me driving alone while wearing a mask, it wouldn’t be
because of any attempt to protect myself. It would simply be that I
forgot to take it off. I’ve also forgotten to put one on.

Have you forgotten to take one off in your car?

Yes

Amazing. I've never worn mine long enough to get anywhere near my
car. It comes off the instant I leave the place the lawyers have told
them that everyone has to comply. ...even though state law
indemnifies them against suit.

Feel free to laugh, but you just might be laughing based on an incorrect
assumption.

Nope. Laughing at government/media (same thing) spun hysteria.