hylourgos

Default Anyone know *anything* about Vega jointers?

....they don't make them anymore, I know (mostly TS fence systems now),
but I have an old one from the late 80s I'd like to rebuild. The
company lost most of its records in a fire, so they have no literature
on them. If you know anything about these jointers, or know someone who
has one, would you please contact me?

Thanks,

Unisaw A100

What is it you're needing to know about it?

UA100
hylourgos

What I'd most like is a parts break-down. I got it missing a fence,
which Vega will replace (they are supposed to be machining a new one
right now), but there are a few screws and knobs missing here and
there. I wouldn't mind seeing the factory instructions for adjusting it
either. I doesn't look too hard to figure out (not so different than
other jointers out there), but I always like the assurance of a factory
manual.

It's a nice 8" model, BTW, long bed, 1.5 Baldor motor that purrs like a
kitten. Got it for $90 at auction.

Later,
H.

Unisaw A100 wrote:
What is it you're needing to know about it?

UA100

Unisaw A100

hylourgos wrote:
What I'd most like is a parts break-down. I got it missing a fence,
which Vega will replace (they are supposed to be machining a new one
right now), but there are a few screws and knobs missing here and
there. I wouldn't mind seeing the factory instructions for adjusting it
either. I doesn't look too hard to figure out (not so different than
other jointers out there), but I always like the assurance of a factory
manual.

I would start with more inquiries like this on other forums
like Knots, WoodNet, Wood Central and so on. Someone
somewhere out there has to own this machine and still have a
manual. I mean, Vega must have sold at least a couple of
these, right?

There's nothing on the OWWM but this entry with info you
already have.

http://www.owwm.com/MfgIndex/detail.asp?ID=933

Still, it wouldn't hurt to join the OWWM Discussion Forum
and ask the question. The machine falls within the group's
charter.

You're right, it is like a lot of other jointers with a
center mounted fence in which case manuals from Delta and
Powermatic might shed some light on parts 'n pieces. I
really doubt Vega re-invented the wheel with their machine.

In the end, I'm like you and I prefer to have the "actual"
manual for my machines for the more subtle differences.

It's a nice 8" model, BTW, long bed, 1.5 Baldor motor that purrs like a
kitten. Got it for $90 at auction.

You did extremely (with emphasis on extremely) well for
yourself. I'd say that you've won yourself a You Suck you
damn turd heel! (1)

By the way, were these made here in the USofA/Decataur, IL?

(1) All administered with love and affection of course.

UA100