Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bracket Hardware from Lee Valley

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 21:37:36 -0500
Bill wrote:

year, the "Indianapolis 500" will be the "Indianapolis 500, sponsored
by Pennzoil". Chuckle over that.

but they cannot make us call it that we can still call it what we want

but do get concerned when they call it the indianapolis 500 sponsored by
harbor freight

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 09:08:59 -0500, Bill
wrote:

krw wrote:
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 22:22:04 -0500, Bill
wrote:

krw wrote:
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 21:54:23 -0500, Bill
wrote:

krw wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 21:37:36 -0500, Bill

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 10:40:36 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I think most of us have had enough Fes-Spam.
It was an inside joke, Not a Festool promotion.
Some of us noticed and got a chuckle from it.
Those "some of us" have also known for sometime that B*** doesn't have
the faculty to get a chuckle from that type of comment.
If you don't already feel like something of an advertising "victim",
then I guess you can't relate.
I guess not. Your choice, though.

No doubt our individual tolerance levels
are different. New in the recent (local?) news is that, this year, the
"Indianapolis 500" will be the "Indianapolis 500, sponsored by
Pennzoil". Chuckle over that.

B***
Would you rather it be the "Pennzoil 500 from Indianapolis" or perhaps
the "Donald Trump 500"? ;-)
Evidently, not everyone regards his mind as his own. For 100 years, the
"Indianapolis 500" was good enough. The accumulation of
"marketing-bombardment" adds up. One can fairly ask, "Which drop of
water caused the glass to overfill?". All I can say is that I am
running fairly "close to full" these days. Funny this phenomenon seems
to peak about every 4 years, in harmony with the political process... YMMV

Bill, it's your choice to be offended. Really!
I guess that rules out professional sports...

Really? Why? I don't choose to be offended by professional sports.
They can do whatever they want and pay whatever they want (it's not my
money).

Why are you so preoccupied with money?

Why are you so preoccupied with advertising? You brought money up,
several times, in fact. Advertising == money. Festool == money.

I would not have let the
Superbowl happen last year. It would be nice if the NFL had ideals like
the PGA. You make a mistake on your scorecard and you lose period. It
would have set a nice example for the kids.

What *are* you going on about now? Deflate-gate? What a non-story!

I ignore what I don't like and if it gets so overwhelming
that it's no longer worth the whole package, I don't watch.
Professional basketball got to that point decades back (and it has
nothing to do with ads).

I can't be bothered
by advertising. There are so many other things to devote my waking
time to (and so little of it). OK, the number of ads on TV does get
to me but they make this wonderful gizmo called the fast-forward
button. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 09:01:51 -0500, Bill
wrote:

krw wrote:
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 22:34:52 -0500, Bill
wrote:

krw wrote:
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 22:04:17 -0500, Bill
wrote:

krw wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 21:37:36 -0500, Bill

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 10:40:36 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I think most of us have had enough Fes-Spam.
It was an inside joke, Not a Festool promotion.
Some of us noticed and got a chuckle from it.
Those "some of us" have also known for sometime that B*** doesn't have
the faculty to get a chuckle from that type of comment.
If you don't already feel like something of an advertising "victim",
then I guess you can't relate.
I guess not. Your choice, though.

No doubt our individual tolerance levels
are different. New in the recent (local?) news is that, this year, the
"Indianapolis 500" will be the "Indianapolis 500, sponsored by
Pennzoil". Chuckle over that.

B***
Would you rather it be the "Pennzoil 500 from Indianapolis" or perhaps
the "Donald Trump 500"? ;-)
Just like our air and water quality, our animals and the earth. After we
take everything we can and sell it to the highest bidder, enjoy.... Go
to Flint, MI and get a drink of water...
Are you seriously comparing potentially toxic water to a little
advertising? Really?
Similar "greed" at the source of both, no?

Absolutely *NOT*. You morally equate feeding one's family by running
a grocery store with poisoning your neighbors for political gain.
That, sir, is called "Moral Relativity" at its finest!

Look at what the Internet
has become between the 1990s and now.

Hmm, in 1990 it was a toy. I can really make use of it now, and do.

It's almost like walking downtown
in NYC. I think that our "Inalienable Rights" might be updated to
include some "protection from marketers". I find it a new source of
"pollution". That you have currently found a good way to "hide" does
not, to my mind, eliminate the societal problem. YMMV.

You aren't adult enough to control yourself?

Yes. I can more than control myself.

Evidently not. You're always offended by something. It's consuming
you.

I don't have control over my
environment, unless I choose to stay home and stay of the roads. If
elected, I would make others respect the rights of others for a better
environment. Almost always, where there is a conflict between man and
nature, nature loses. I would try to change that. My values comes
before my pocketbook and I have the documentation to prove it.

"If I were king, you would obey *me*. You're a totalitarian (lefty).
Got it.

You need government to
infringe on other's rights, just to make your life worth living? Sad.
*Really* sad!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 09:51:50 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 2/2/2016 9:03 AM, Bill wrote:
How about making corporations respect people? Maybe we need to give
"corporate entities" some limits and guidelines.

Corporations generally have a right to do business as they see fit ...
or in a manner, no matter how stupid or ill advised, that they can get away.

The customer only has a right to take their business elsewhere, so far.

The problem, as you are experiencing, starts soon after you get
government involvement.

Works briefly in your favor, then you idiots allow your elected
representatives to sell you out and you eventually get the phenomenon
know as "regulatory capture" ... always to the detriment of the consumer.

Exactly. Once you give the government power, it *will* be used
against you.

The banking and investment industry are perfect examples, as well as
cable and internet providers.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

year, the "Indianapolis 500" will be the "Indianapolis 500, sponsored
by Pennzoil". Chuckle over that.

but they cannot make us call it that we can still call it what we want

but do get concerned when they call it the indianapolis 500 sponsored by
harbor freight

If I were a driver, I'd certainly be concerned! ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 09:51:50 -0600, Swingman wrote:

The banking and investment industry are perfect examples, as well as
cable and internet providers.

And you assume they'd get better without regulation? What have you been
smoking?

Government has been defined, correctly in my opinion, as a "necessary
evil". There's a reason why it's necessary - if you can't grasp that,
you live in a fantasy world.

--
It's turtles, all the way down!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2016 12:17 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 09:51:50 -0600, Swingman wrote:

The banking and investment industry are perfect examples, as well as
cable and internet providers.

And you assume they'd get better without regulation? What have you been
smoking?

Government has been defined, correctly in my opinion, as a "necessary
evil". There's a reason why it's necessary - if you can't grasp that,
you live in a fantasy world.

It is not so much the regulation being the problem as the entity that is
regulating it. So effectively the regulation is a wash at best, you
"get on paper" from the regulation and loose money from the
inefficiency, incompetency, bureaucracy, and corruption of the
regulator/enforcer.

It would be far better to be regulated by a private entity.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 18:17:34 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 09:51:50 -0600, Swingman wrote:

The banking and investment industry are perfect examples, as well as
cable and internet providers.

And you assume they'd get better without regulation? What have you been
smoking?

Yes, in fact, I think they would get better. There would be more
competition for my business.

Government has been defined, correctly in my opinion, as a "necessary
evil". There's a reason why it's necessary - if you can't grasp that,
you live in a fantasy world.

It's only necessary for a very few functions that can't be done any
other way (almost entirely safety related).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2016 12:17 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 09:51:50 -0600, Swingman wrote:

The banking and investment industry are perfect examples, as well as
cable and internet providers.

And you assume they'd get better without regulation? What have you been
smoking?

Government has been defined, correctly in my opinion, as a "necessary
evil". There's a reason why it's necessary - if you can't grasp that,
you live in a fantasy world.

Enjoyed that $9,513.75 that came out of the taxes that you _personally_
paid since 2008 that went to bail out the second most government
regulated industry in existence, not to mention all that interest you
get on your savings, and the fees you get soaked with, eh?

"Fantasy world", indeed ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2016 9:27 AM, Bill wrote:

Well, at least we've come full circle to where you may truly understand
my first post to this thread. People seem to be in a
policitically-minded mood. Perhaps its related to the Iowa caucuses. I
Really like the Lee Valley catalog. And I like they way they tastefully
send out a version several times a year, instead of emailing me perhaps
twice a week like Rockler does. Even Harbor Freight uses a little
restraint. CPO-Woodworking not so much.
.

Leon emails me at least twice a week to tell me about Festool products
and how he uses them. I've tried to unsubscribe but they just keep
coming. I think Festool pays 2¢ him for every email I open.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2016 1:53 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/2/2016 9:27 AM, Bill wrote:

Well, at least we've come full circle to where you may truly understand
my first post to this thread. People seem to be in a
policitically-minded mood. Perhaps its related to the Iowa caucuses. I
Really like the Lee Valley catalog. And I like they way they tastefully
send out a version several times a year, instead of emailing me perhaps
twice a week like Rockler does. Even Harbor Freight uses a little
restraint. CPO-Woodworking not so much.
.

Leon emails me at least twice a week to tell me about Festool products
and how he uses them. I've tried to unsubscribe but they just keep
coming. I think Festool pays 2¢ him for every email I open.

You were not suppose to let the cat out of the bag. LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2016 9:27 AM, Bill wrote:

Well, at least we've come full circle to where you may truly understand
my first post to this thread. People seem to be in a
policitically-minded mood. Perhaps its related to the Iowa caucuses. I
Really like the Lee Valley catalog. And I like they way they tastefully
send out a version several times a year, instead of emailing me perhaps
twice a week like Rockler does. Even Harbor Freight uses a little
restraint. CPO-Woodworking not so much.
.

Leon emails me at least twice a week to tell me about Festool products
and how he uses them. I've tried to unsubscribe but they just keep
coming. I think Festool pays 2¢ him for every email I open.

And, this is where all your money goes ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...55850970075 4

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 13:08:43 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Enjoyed that $9,513.75 that came out of the taxes that you _personally_
paid since 2008 that went to bail out the second most government
regulated industry in existence, not to mention all that interest you
get on your savings, and the fees you get soaked with, eh?

And perhaps you didn't notice that it was the *relaxation* of regulations
that caused the banking/mortgage crisis?

And a lack of regulation that resulted in all those polluted Superfund
sites? Competition didn't seem to have any effect there.

A long time ago, Will Rogers said we had the best government money could
buy. Nothing has changed.

--
It's turtles, all the way down!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2016 6:49 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 13:08:43 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Enjoyed that $9,513.75 that came out of the taxes that you _personally_
paid since 2008 that went to bail out the second most government
regulated industry in existence, not to mention all that interest you
get on your savings, and the fees you get soaked with, eh?

And perhaps you didn't notice that it was the *relaxation* of regulations
that caused the banking/mortgage crisis?

And all this time we thought it was the government guaranteeing loans to
those that absolutely did not qualify but because they could not keep up
with the Jones the government said give it to them anyway.

And a lack of regulation that resulted in all those polluted Superfund
sites? Competition didn't seem to have any effect there.

A long time ago, Will Rogers said we had the best government money could
buy. Nothing has changed.

And again, let the private sector do the policing because no one is
proud of the results when the government jumps in the deep end.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote in
:

On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 13:08:43 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Enjoyed that $9,513.75 that came out of the taxes that you
_personally_
paid since 2008 that went to bail out the second most government
regulated industry in existence, not to mention all that interest you
get on your savings, and the fees you get soaked with, eh?

And perhaps you didn't notice that it was the *relaxation* of
regulations that caused the banking/mortgage crisis?

And a lack of regulation that resulted in all those polluted Superfund
sites? Competition didn't seem to have any effect there.

A long time ago, Will Rogers said we had the best government money
could buy. Nothing has changed.

What about things like the Staggers act? Regulation was sifleing the
railroads and relaxation of certain regulations allowed them to become
competitive and healthy.

Relaxing and implementing regulations is an ax. You can do surprisingly
good work with it, but you can also cut off the very thing you need to
survive.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2016 6:49 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

And perhaps you didn't notice that it was the*relaxation* of regulations
that caused the banking/mortgage crisis?

Reading comprehension with the term "regulatory capture"?

Look it up, learn something, and leave the fantasy world behind ... it's
reality.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

krw wrote:
[...]

The only trouble maker here...

I don't have control over my
environment, unless I choose to stay home and stay of the roads. If
elected, I would make others respect the rights of others for a better
environment. Almost always, where there is a conflict between man and
nature, nature loses. I would try to change that. My values comes
before my pocketbook and I have the documentation to prove it.

"If I were king, you would obey *me*. You're a totalitarian (lefty).
Got it.

You need government to
infringe on other's rights, just to make your life worth living? Sad.
*Really* sad!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 00:49:57 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 13:08:43 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Enjoyed that $9,513.75 that came out of the taxes that you _personally_
paid since 2008 that went to bail out the second most government
regulated industry in existence, not to mention all that interest you
get on your savings, and the fees you get soaked with, eh?

And perhaps you didn't notice that it was the *relaxation* of regulations
that caused the banking/mortgage crisis?

Nonsense. It was government meddling that caused the crisis. Fannie
and Freddie were dead-center in that mess.

And a lack of regulation that resulted in all those polluted Superfund
sites? Competition didn't seem to have any effect there.

Much of that wasn't known at the time.

A long time ago, Will Rogers said we had the best government money could
buy. Nothing has changed.

Oh, yes it has! It's gotten *much* larger. ...and even less
competent.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote in
:

Corporations generally have a right to do business as they see fit ...
or in a manner, no matter how stupid or ill advised, that they can get
away.

The customer only has a right to take their business elsewhere, so
far.

The problem, as you are experiencing, starts soon after you get
government involvement.

Works briefly in your favor, then you idiots allow your elected
representatives to sell you out and you eventually get the phenomenon
know as "regulatory capture" ... always to the detriment of the
consumer.

The banking and investment industry are perfect examples, as well as
cable and internet providers.

This is kind of a naive view. It fails in two ways, one because
it ignores the reality of monopolies and collusion (so that it's
not always possible to "take one's business elsewhere"); and the
other because a business's profit motive generally doesn't align
with the public's desire for a clean and safe environment.

In an ideal world, regulation would exist only in so far as is
necessary to provide "an even playing field", where competing
businesses all had the same safety and enviromental standards
(so none had an advantage), and all truely did compete (so the
customer had a fair choice). In practice, governments are not
very good at identifying those boundries, and inertia tends to
keep regulations in place long after the need for them has
passed (by the same token, inertia tends to prevent regulation
being put in place until well after the need first appears -
something of a closing the barn door after the horse has left
effect).

Anyone interested in the subject would be well advised to
study the history of railroad regulation (since that was the
first industry regulated) from the creation of the ICC to
the Staggers act of 1980 that deregulated it (about 30 years
after the need for regulation had ended).

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/3/2016 2:26 PM, John McCoy wrote:
Swingman wrote in

The problem, as you are experiencing, starts soon after you get
government involvement.

Works briefly in your favor, then you idiots allow your elected
representatives to sell you out and you eventually get the phenomenon
know as "regulatory capture" ... always to the detriment of the
consumer.

The banking and investment industry are perfect examples, as well as
cable and internet providers.

This is kind of a naive view.

Jeezzus, you guys can run rabbit trails ...

Most here are well aware of the necessity for some form of "regulation",
what it entails, and the history thereof, and certainly don't need
preaching to in that regard.

My post specifically stated a reality of regulation in today's world,
that being "regulatory capture", perfectly manifested in the examples I
gave,

The only naivete exhibited thus far is in the disregard of that very
real phenomenon, and ignoring the subject totally in irrelevant epistles.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 02/03/2016 11:51 AM, Swingman wrote:

Jeezzus, you guys can run rabbit trails ...

This is a woodworking newsgroup. Around here we follow rabbet trails.

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/3/2016 3:01 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:
On 02/03/2016 11:51 AM, Swingman wrote:

Jeezzus, you guys can run rabbit trails ...

This is a woodworking newsgroup. Around here we follow rabbet trails.

Decided not to go there ... no telling where that would lead.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

wrote:

krw wrote:
[...]

Similar "greed" at the source of both, no? Look at what the Internet
has become between the 1990s and now. It's almost like walking downtown
in NYC. I think that our "Inalienable Rights" might be updated to
include some "protection from marketers". I find it a new source of
"pollution". That you have currently found a good way to "hide" does
not, to my mind, eliminate the societal problem. YMMV.

I do wonder what additional protections the Founders might have put in
the Constitution if they could see the modern world.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

Leon wrote:
On 2/2/2016 8:01 AM, Bill wrote:
Snip

Yes. I can more than control myself. I don't have control over my
environment, unless I choose to stay home and stay of the roads. If
elected, I would make others respect the rights of others for a better
environment. Almost always, where there is a conflict between man and
nature, nature loses. I would try to change that. My values comes
before my pocketbook and I have the documentation to prove it.

There are bigger problems that what you consider to be a problem. You
can't change human nature. If you were elected I suspect you would
not be handling real issues if you focused your time on trying to make
people respect each other.

How about making corporations respect people?

Not gonna happen until we start making corporate executives respect
people. As long as nerdhood is the ticket to success that's not going
to happen--used to be we taught people to be team players, now we don't
unless they're "jocks".

Maybe we need to give
"corporate entities" some limits and guidelines.

We do. Go down to the library and look at the US Code sitting on the
shelf (don't read it online, look at it on a shelf--I want you to see
the physical size of it). Quite a lot of that deals with "corporate
entities".

A received a notice
from the bank today, a big bank, New Rule: Discrepancies concerning
deposit slips may or may not be corrected, at the banks discretion, if
the discrepancy is less than $10. Someone must have stayed up all night
thinking of that new profit generating idea... I wonder which ones
they will correct? Too much to ask for a bank to have to put the
customer's money into his or her account?

A lot of that sort of thing could be easily fixed by requiring that any
contract or change in a contract, in order to be valid, must be accepted
actively and explicitly, not passively by continuing to use a service.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 6 Feb 2016 07:08:16 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

krw wrote:
[...]

Why bother? We haven't followed what they wrote for a long time. If
we had, perhaps they wouldn't have wanted to add any.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Advertising

J. Clarke wrote:
A received a notice
from the bank today, a big bank, New Rule: Discrepancies concerning
deposit slips may or may not be corrected, at the banks discretion, if
the discrepancy is less than $10. Someone must have stayed up all night
thinking of that new profit generating idea... I wonder which ones
they will correct? Too much to ask for a bank to have to put the
customer's money into his or her account?

A lot of that sort of thing could be easily fixed by requiring that any
contract or change in a contract, in order to be valid, must be accepted
actively and explicitly, not passively by continuing to use a service.

Well, they added it to their "terms of service" (I think). I may
inquire at the local branch if they are going to *notify* customers of
the discrepancies found on the occasion that they keep the extra money.

You can read the new policy at the top of the first page (paragraph 'A')
below (you also be able to see that it's a "new policy"):

https://www.chase.com/content/dam/ch..._agreement.pdf

Posted to rec.woodworking

Advertising

No Superbowl here tonight (for the sake of the principle's we have
discussed). I'll miss the extra "sandwich"... : )

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/7/2016 6:22 PM, Bill wrote:
Advertising

No Superbowl here tonight (for the sake of the principle's we have
discussed). I'll miss the extra "sandwich"... : )

Bill

Same here. I don't get a thrill watching a group of millionaires that
work for billionaires running around on a field.

Oh, be careful what ypu post. If you use the term Superbowl wrongly
they will come after you too.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 7 Feb 2016 18:22:37 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Advertising

No Superbowl here tonight (for the sake of the principle's we have
discussed). I'll miss the extra "sandwich"... : )

Sandwich? The guy in the box was just saying that the average Super
Bowl watcher eats 6500 calories during the game!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/7/2016 6:22 PM, Bill wrote:
Advertising

No Superbowl here tonight (for the sake of the principle's we have
discussed). I'll miss the extra "sandwich"... : )

Bill

Same here. I don't get a thrill watching a group of millionaires that
work for billionaires running around on a field.

Thanks, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one not-watching!

Bill

Oh, be careful what ypu post. If you use the term Superbowl wrongly
they will come after you too.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Advertising

No Superbowl here tonight (for the sake of the principle's we have
discussed). I'll miss the extra "sandwich"... : )

Sandwich? The guy in the box was just saying that the average Super
Bowl watcher eats 6500 calories during the game!

A pizza sounds nice... : ) I don't think that's even 6500 calories.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote in
:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Same here. I don't get a thrill watching a group of millionaires that
work for billionaires running around on a field.

Thanks, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one not-watching!

Bill

The most important game of the weekend was actually last night. Just a
mid-season hockey game between the Blackhawks and Stars.

I wonder if Doug Miller and the guy with the U of I e-mail (Len Lopez? I
can't remember his name right off) avoid the game too. We get enough of
us woodworkers avoiding the game and maybe we could meet somewhere like
Danville (halfway between Peoria and Indy) to avoid the game and talk
about woodworking.

If anyone's interested and willing to travel to the IL/IN border on 74
(Danville), speak up. If we get enough interest, maybe we'll set
something up next year.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper wrote:
Bill wrote in
:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Same here. I don't get a thrill watching a group of millionaires that
work for billionaires running around on a field.

Thanks, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one not-watching!

Bill

The most important game of the weekend was actually last night. Just a
mid-season hockey game between the Blackhawks and Stars.

I wonder if Doug Miller and the guy with the U of I e-mail (Len Lopez? I
can't remember his name right off) avoid the game too. We get enough of
us woodworkers avoiding the game and maybe we could meet somewhere like
Danville (halfway between Peoria and Indy) to avoid the game and talk
about woodworking.

If anyone's interested and willing to travel to the IL/IN border on 74
(Danville), speak up. If we get enough interest, maybe we'll set
something up next year.

Puckdropper

That's a nice thought. It wouldn't have to be a winter-time meeting as
far as I'm concerned. My wife knows how to entertain herself anywhere
there's trees (and birds).

Bill

Shelf bracket Grumps UK diy 2 July 16th 07 12:45 PM
What kind of bracket is this? Greg Esres Home Repair 15 July 4th 07 08:06 AM
bracket strength Chris Carruth Metalworking 11 August 26th 05 10:32 PM
strengthening bracket? Jim UK diy 11 March 24th 05 02:01 PM
Handrail bracket Don Woodworking 0 March 12th 05 08:50 PM