Chris Carruth

Default bracket strength

Does anyone know the PSI rating for the l shaped brackets you find at Home
Depot. These are the ones in the roofing area, not the window area. I am
using them as part of a system to raise and lower wheels on a workbench and
cannot have them bending on me. Thanks guys...

Don Foreman

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 01:39:32 GMT, "Chris Carruth"
wrote:

Does anyone know the PSI rating for the l shaped brackets you find at Home
Depot. These are the ones in the roofing area, not the window area. I am
using them as part of a system to raise and lower wheels on a workbench and
cannot have them bending on me. Thanks guys...

If they're made of steel, 20,000 PSI stress would probably be a
reasonably conservative estimate.

This would also apply to the ones in the window area, if they're made
of steel...

Retractable landing gear for heavy stuff:
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...886&R=150 886

jw

carl mciver

"Chris Carruth" wrote in message
m...
| Does anyone know the PSI rating for the l shaped brackets you find at Home
| Depot. These are the ones in the roofing area, not the window area. I am
| using them as part of a system to raise and lower wheels on a workbench
and
| cannot have them bending on me. Thanks guys...

The answer is..... 42

Chris

"carl mciver" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Chris Carruth" wrote in message
m...
| Does anyone know the PSI rating for the l shaped brackets you find at
| Depot. These are the ones in the roofing area, not the window area. I am
| using them as part of a system to raise and lower wheels on a workbench
and
| cannot have them bending on me. Thanks guys...

The answer is..... 42

Carl,
Check your math, I think you rounded wrong, it is actually 43.

Chris

carl mciver

"Chris" wrote in message
SNIP

| The answer is..... 42
|
| Carl,
| Check your math, I think you rounded wrong, it is actually 43.
|
| Chris

Deep Thought can't be wrong. It says 42. Dare you to doubt?

I had to check, could I have possibly been wrong. Cite:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhiker...pthought.shtml

Dave Hinz

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:02:25 GMT, carl mciver wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message
SNIP

| The answer is..... 42
|
| Carl,
| Check your math, I think you rounded wrong, it is actually 43.
|
| Chris

Deep Thought can't be wrong. It says 42. Dare you to doubt?

Can't be. Remember the scrabble tiles on prehistoric earth and what
they spelled out?

Chris

"carl mciver" wrote in message
k.net...
"Chris" wrote in message
SNIP

| The answer is..... 42
|
| Carl,
| Check your math, I think you rounded wrong, it is actually 43.
|
| Chris

Deep Thought can't be wrong. It says 42. Dare you to doubt?

I had to check, could I have possibly been wrong. Cite:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhiker...pthought.shtml

Ok if DT says so I am wrong. Just hope the OP did not use my answer of 43
in his design.

Chris

Dave Hinz

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:46:07 GMT, Chris Carruth wrote:
I have an idea...how about I give this group an award for rudeness and being
jerks when all I was looking for was some assistance...go _)(&_)%)@(
yourselves..

Um, a couple of free clues for you, Chris:

1. You're not paying any of us consulting fees, so we don't have a duty
to perform to your demands.

2. Your question was, if not vague, then at least without enough
information. You assume we all know what a Home Depot is, what their
stock is in which department, how they differ, how big your workbench
is, and how PSI works into whatever design you have in mind.

3. When you top-post, you **** up the flow of the conversation.

Other than that, great knowing you. Maybe you should _observe_ usenet
for a bit longer before you manage to **** off the rest of it.

Chris

"Chris Carruth" wrote in message
m...
I have an idea...how about I give this group an award for rudeness and
being jerks when all I was looking for was some assistance...go
_)(&_)%)@( yourselves..

Way to make new friends 101 by Chris Carruth.

No fear, I am sure he has plenty others to ask the "unanswerable" question
to.