Default source for bracket to fix a wobbly table?

Hi.
I'm looking for a bracket that I remember
seeing several years ago. I've done at
least 100 google searches, and have had
no luck finding it.

This is a steel (?) bracket for a wooden table
with wooden legs. The bracket is used to
repair wobbly tables. It wraps around the
two exposed sides of a (square-topped)
leg, and I think it also has a face that comes
in contact with the underside of the table
top. There are various screw holes so the
leg is secured from multiple directions at the
same time.

Anyone know of a source for such a bracket?
Besides Google searches I've looked at Rockler,
etc...

Thanks.

Alan Wolf

Like these?
http://buckworks.com/woodworking/buy...ies-2867.shtml

I don't think so.
I did find these in my searches, but from the small pictures it
doesn't seem like they wrap around two sides of a leg.
Actually, I can't figure out from those pictures exactly where
they'd go!

On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:45:09 -0400, wrote:

Like these?
http://buckworks.com/woodworking/buy...ies-2867.shtml

I don't think so.
I did find these in my searches, but from the small pictures it
doesn't seem like they wrap around two sides of a leg.
Actually, I can't figure out from those pictures exactly where
they'd go!

those full the leg tight to the apron. the first one (34290) has screw
holes to attach the top. the hanger bolt screws into the leg,
diagonally from the inside corner. the wing flanges attach to the
inside of the apron.
Bill Schnakenberg

wrote:

Like these?
http://buckworks.com/woodworking/buy...ies-2867.shtml

I don't think so.
I did find these in my searches, but from the small pictures it
doesn't seem like they wrap around two sides of a leg.
Actually, I can't figure out from those pictures exactly where
they'd go!

These are for a table that has aprons under the top, between the legs.
The ends of the brace are screwed to the aprons so that the center of
the brace is a short distance from the inside corner of the leg. The
screw with the wingnut is then screwed into the inside corner of the leg
and then the wingnut is tightened so that the leg is drawn inward to
where the inside edges of the leg are pulled up to the aprons. The first
pictured brace can also be screwed into the top after the wingnuts are
drawn in. If your table doesn't have aprons, then these would not work.

--
Bill

wrote:

Like these?
http://buckworks.com/woodworking/buy...ies-2867.shtml

I don't think so.
I did find these in my searches, but from the small pictures it
doesn't seem like they wrap around two sides of a leg.
Actually, I can't figure out from those pictures exactly where
they'd go!

those full

uuurp. "Pull" the leg tight....

the leg tight to the apron. the first one (34290) has screw
holes to attach the top. the hanger bolt screws into the leg,
diagonally from the inside corner. the wing flanges attach to the
inside of the apron.

Thanks guys.
These may do the job.