Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Bracket Hardware from Lee Valley

On 2/2/2016 6:49 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 13:08:43 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Enjoyed that $9,513.75 that came out of the taxes that you _personally_
paid since 2008 that went to bail out the second most government
regulated industry in existence, not to mention all that interest you
get on your savings, and the fees you get soaked with, eh?

And perhaps you didn't notice that it was the *relaxation* of regulations
that caused the banking/mortgage crisis?

And all this time we thought it was the government guaranteeing loans to
those that absolutely did not qualify but because they could not keep up
with the Jones the government said give it to them anyway.

And a lack of regulation that resulted in all those polluted Superfund
sites? Competition didn't seem to have any effect there.

A long time ago, Will Rogers said we had the best government money could
buy. Nothing has changed.

And again, let the private sector do the policing because no one is
proud of the results when the government jumps in the deep end.